Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$32900 for TL Nav

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 07:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$32900 for TL Nav

I think someone posted this here. I am going to grab one at Turnersville Acura this weekend. I sent many messages to almost all NJ dealers. Although everybody was willing to give a better discount than those dealers round MD/VA, I don't thik I could find a better deal anywhere.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:08 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is this Turnersville acura?
Can you give some details about what that price includes? Are there any extra costs, like the destination charge?
does this price apply to 6MT, 5AT or both?
Do you have a contact from whom you got this price?
Old 01-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Believe me. I've never heard of this city before either. It is very near Philadelphia or about 140 miles from Washington, DC.

This price includes destination, but nothing else (auto/nav). I believe they are constantly getting Nav models (in fact, they said more Silver/Ebonys are coming in early Feb). I dealt with the sales manager Eustace. I think I just got lucky!
The phone # is 856-728-3900. I think it's a great price!!
Old 01-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Instructor

Turnersville is in South NJ. You can get there by taking Rt 42 South from the Walt Whitman Bridge in Philadelphia. Was that price with Auto + NAV?

Jung
Old 01-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes, it was (auto/nav). Another dealer in VA called me to let me know that he has a green/parchment TL for me (didn't even ask for one). I asked him if he can match the price as a joke, he laughed and hung up.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Instructor

Great News.
I live in Central Jsersey.. MOst Dealership around here are plan "
Greedy" for TL now.. I think I don't mind drive 1 hour + to save extra 1500 dollars... thanks a lot.. I will give them a call tomorrow..
Old 01-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Intermediate

For those who might benefit.

I purchased mine at Davis for 33695 for an Anthracite/Ebony Navi 6MT with accessories.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Racer

Novice,

Thanks for the heads up on this deal. Just ordered mine (Red/Par/6MT/Navi) from them for that price. Eustace and Phil De Vivo were a pleasure to work with.

Should be a March build with a March/April delivery. Will know more by the EOM.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:51 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

$32,900 including destination? WOW! Great prices guys. Personally I think the extra two months I've been in mine have been worth the extra 1200 it cost me. Well, maybe not. Darn good price guys....
Old 01-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Criss-good for you!

Eustace is a nice guy, but he will not deal with you. Since the price is very low, just make sure everything else is perfect-ie, as it gets closer to the delivery date, get a fax copy of the price quote.

I took Amtrak to Philadelphia and took a cab to the dealer-it cost more to get there from the train station!
Old 01-18-2004, 12:23 AM
Advanced

YouTellMyWhy: Where is Davis?

Criss: Were you actually able to order one for the 32900 price? It was my understanding that the deal was only valid for the two cars they have (or had) in stock.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:36 AM
Racer

Airline,

Was able to order it for that price. I hope you can get the same deal.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Burning Brakes

When you guys order your car from Turnerville Acura, let them know that a strange buy from Bethesda MD sent you. They are supposed to send me $50 for advertisement-instead tell them that I told you to get you a set of free all-season mats. They charge $120-probably they cost about $20.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Advanced

Thanks - I'll be calling him on monday..

By the way, what is the invoice price on this car - are they actually making money on this deal?
Old 01-18-2004, 03:56 PM
Racer

Of course they are...invoice is 31575 + 545 for freight which is 32120. My deal is for 32990 so they have 870 or so in profit not to mention the 3% of MSRP that Acura pays the dealer.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by criss
Of course they are...invoice is 31575 + 545 for freight which is 32120. My deal is for 32990 so they have 870 or so in profit not to mention the 3% of MSRP that Acura pays the dealer.
Criss, what's this about the dealer getting back 3% of MSRP? Is this true? Where did you hear this?

TL-Rocket
Old 01-18-2004, 08:35 PM
Instructor

seems like all buyers are getting the navigation system when there are only about 30% of TL's that come with navigation and an even lower number with the 6speed. Is the navigation that necessary or is it a cool toy to have?
Old 01-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Pro

Originally posted by TL-Rocket
Criss, what's this about the dealer getting back 3% of MSRP? Is this true? Where did you hear this?

TL-Rocket
Just do a Google search for "dealer holdback" to learn about. Almost every manufacturer has it.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Racer

Originally posted by TL-Rocket

TL-Rocket
Dealer holdback is how the manufacturer reimburses the dealer for various items (advertising, interest while the car sets on the lot, etc). Look it up at edmunds.com as well.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Racer

Originally posted by achadha100
seems like all buyers are getting the navigation system when there are only about 30% of TL's that come with navigation and an even lower number with the 6speed. Is the navigation that necessary or is it a cool toy to have?
It's a cool toy that has been very handy to have. I have it in my MDX and thought it would be a waste (wife wanted the backup camera and it required the Navi)

I have found restaurants that I did not even existed in areas I thought I was familiar with. Plus it comes in handy when there are traffic jams/accidents during my commute through DC everyday.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Advanced

Quick update for anyone following this thread...

I just called Eustace - really nice and helpful guy.
I first asked if the deal was valid for orders - he said no, only for what he has in stock or on the way in. He said cars being built now, that he knows about coming in, are expected to arrive around mid-late Feb, and that he could give me the deal on those, but not on something I wanted to order for a late April delivery.
He said that in the April timeframe, the price could go up, down, or stay the same. I was a bit skeptical about it doing anything but going up, until he mentioned that Acura is stepping up Navi production from 18% to 40%! I hope this is accurate and will actually happen (i.e. not limited by unavailable components, etc).
He admitted that the increase of production would definitely work in my favor in terms of pricing, so hopefully I'll get some good news soon.

he also mentioned that while the wait time on an order may be 3 months, it only takes about 3-4 weeks to build and deliver a car already planned for production. So he said that if I wanted it late april, I should call about a month ahead and see what colors he has coming in...
Old 01-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Instructor

TL/Navi/AT Detroit prices

Here in the Detroit area the best price for a AT/Navi I got was $35,195 plus tax. I am hoping destination is included but not sure.

Now I really want this car, can't decide on the color combo though. I love the Camel interior but can't get it in white.
Anybody seen a pic of the dark green color? Or red?

I cannot access the Acura site as I get error messages galor.
So am unable to view different color combo's.

I'll try to hold off ordering a TL until they are willing to take some off the price. Test drove one and was very impressed.
Kinda reminded me of my old SHO.
Craig
Old 01-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Intermediate

AirlineMuseum.c

Davis is right outside philadelphia in Langhorne, PA
Old 01-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Those who are going to Turnersville NJ to get a car

Just watch out. The sales manager will assign a salesman to deal with you. Then, all the numbers will change-everything will increase. Be prepared to walk out if you see something you don't like.

Eustace will not deal with you.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Advanced

Novice,
You said that in an earlier post - "Eustace will not deal with you". What do you mean by that exactly? He seemed very straightforward over the phone, and volunteered the price as $800 over invoice when all I mentioned was that I had heard they were offering the lowest prices. Are you saying he would tell me this price then try to change it on me later? Did he try to do this to you?
Old 01-20-2004, 06:38 AM
Burning Brakes

I repeatedly requested either fax or email price breakdown. He did not do either. When I walked into the dealer, this sales guy was waiting for me. E only came by to say hi. Then, there were about 6 trips between the sales guy and E. My blood pressure was going up after his 4th trip to E (maybe they were discussing what they were going to eat for lunch).

If you are purchasing your vehicle, I think the only thing you have to worry about is the interest rate (or better yet, bring your own finance company). They might ask you to pay for the door etching fee. Given that they are offering a great discount on your car, they will have to find a way to add more $. I leased my car (death trap). When they lowered the residual to 52% from 54% (one of 5 #s they manipulated), I was furious as I did my homework before I went up there. I think E's job is to deligate the clients among different salesmen. What bothered me at the beginning is that E could've corrected the numbers offered by the salesman. He didn't do that.

I still think that the trip to NJ was worth it. Sure, the cab ride from Philadelphia to NJ was interesting, but my ride home was very enjoyable.

My advice: bring your own financing deal, go talk to E first (not a sales person-my mistake here), something happens, prepare your self to walk out.

Good luck!
Old 01-20-2004, 07:39 AM
Racer

Airplane and Novice.

I spoke to Eustace over the phone and advised him I was referred up to hime by a memeber of the Acura Tl site and was looking for a TL (did not tell him I wanted to order one). He told me to call Phil the next morning. I called Phil Saturday morning and told him Eustace told me to call and that I was referred by the TL site.

I told Phil that I wanted a red/parchment/navi/6speed and time was not an issue. So he decided it would be quicker to order it and faxed me a buyer order for the same price.

The question I have for you Novice is that they kept on referring to the crazy doctor from Maryland. Is that you? Anyways thanks so much for the heads up on this. If your ever in So MD let me know and I'll buy you dinner!!

I have my on financing and am getting all my assecories from the site that can not be mentioned here so there should be no back and forth on the final price.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:45 AM
Burning Brakes

That sounds about right (not MD, but Ph.D). They said I am crazy because I didn't go for their small stunts. After all is said and done, I would still go back there! I pulled out my laptop with my home-made lease excel sheet-maybe that's why they are calling me crazy. I didn't rot in graduate school for 5 years for nothing!

I am happy for you. Good luck! I love this car!