Krell Audio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 07:16 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Krell Audio Problems

I have 2014 RLX and it has treated me very well in the last 5 years - aside from the occasional glitch and having to restart the car at a red light to reset the stereo once a season.

Two days ago, the speakers stopped working. There is no welcome tune that plays when you start the car and nothing coming out of the speakers no matter which Source I try. The Bluetooth works with my phone but again nothing out of the speakers. I cannot adjust the volume so somewhere either I have killed a fuse or something like that since the Krell Stereo seems to know that the speakers aren’t working.

Any help would be appreciated.

”humming in my RLX”
Old 06-03-2019, 12:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
lI also have a 2014 with Krell, but have had no problems with audio as you described..... As a part of "debugging" the problem I would suggest you try changing all the various audio choice setting to see if all audio input sources to ahead unit aren't being processed or it only the phone or iPod source you use for music? I would suggest you also try entering a CD in the in-dash player to see if that can be heard/played. Checking the fuse for radio is an obvious choice as well for debugging what might be causing problem. Only other suggestion I have is read the following extract from owners manual dealing with security of radio if it senses a possible theft attempt thru loss of power. If you have recently replaced battery that could be a possibility of inadvertently setting security error??
the following describes resetting radio if power threshold has been sensed:
Audio System Theft Protection

The audio system is disabled when it is disconnected from the power source, such as

when the battery is disconnected or goes dead.

Reactivating the audio system

1. Set the power mode to ON, and turn on the audio system.

u If you set the power mode to ACCESSORY, you will be requested to enter the

audio security code. See step 3.

2. Press and hold the power button again for more than two seconds.

u The audio system is reactivated when the system’s control unit recognizes that

the system is in your vehicle.

If the control unit fails to recognize, Enter PIN Code appears on the audio/

information screen.

3. Enter the audio security code using the On Demand Multi-Use DisplayTM. If you

enter an incorrect digit, continue to the last digit, then try again. If you do not

enter code correctly after 10 tries, leave the system for one hour before trying

again, or visit a dealer to have the system reset.

1Audio System Theft Protection

Find the audio system’s security code and serial

number label in your owner’s manual kit.

We recommend that you write down the serial

number, but not the security code, in this owner’s

manual.

Do not store the label in your vehicle. If you lose the

label, you must first retrieve the serial number, and

then obtain the code.

You can find out about your serial number and

security code from a dealer.

You can register the security code at Acura Owners

(owners.acura.com.), and find information on how to

retrieve the serial number and obtain the code at

radio-navicode.acura.com. Good Luck, Demosan If this doesn't work I would suggest dealer visit.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts
Did you check the fuses? There is a fuse panel in the driver's and passenger's footwell. There's some under the hood too.

The amp is in the trunk, maybe some connectors came loose?
Old 10-14-2020, 11:18 PM
2nd Gear

Hi 12TLUmber,

I have the same issue, everything is looking to work, but no sound. What did you do? Is the Krell Amp blown and need replaced?

Thank you for the help!!

BC
Old 10-26-2023, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Me too!

Same issue happened as well to me now. Does anyone know the fix? Thanks!
Old 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
2nd Gear

I bought a used Krell Amp on eBay and replaced it myself. Simply to replace, less than 30 minutes with "screwdriver skills". just google it. Has been working great for about 3 years. Good luck!
Old 10-30-2023, 11:27 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by bcollett
I bought a used Krell Amp on eBay and replaced it myself. Simply to replace, less than 30 minutes with "screwdriver skills". just google it. Has been working great for about 3 years. Good luck!
presume there is a different amp for the Krell audio? Do you have the part number handy?

dealer thinks a software update may solve this - I have ny doubts. Seems like others had a fuse blown - any idea which one(s) to check? After that I will try the amp and then failing that I guess it’s the head unit.

it was intermittent the prior weekend and then fully went Thursday - no sound at all for any of the sources and the volume knob does nothing - it stays at zero. Music isn’t normally played loud so I’m baffled.

any electronics masters here that can help me troubleshoot before I start replacing parts? Hoping this isn’t going to cost me a ton!

thank you all!!!