Blue tooth connection

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue tooth connection

Just purchased an iPhone 8. It does not stay connected to my bluetooth on 2014 MDX. When it does connect, the phone book and recent history is not downloaded. Never had a problem with my iPhone 6. I tried repairing it several times and once everything worked, but after a few minutes it dropped the connection. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
Old 10-31-2017, 10:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 207 Posts
Might be worth a phone call to see if Acura actually has tech support or just someone deflecting!

http://www.handsfreelink.com/Acura/e...sAndHelp/Index
Old 11-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by Nuisance issue
Just purchased an iPhone 8. It does not stay connected to my bluetooth on 2014 MDX. When it does connect, the phone book and recent history is not downloaded. Never had a problem with my iPhone 6. I tried repairing it several times and once everything worked, but after a few minutes it dropped the connection. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
Ever since iOS 11 beta versions, a number of us have been having all kinds of Bluetooth problems with our cars.

*Low volume on phone calls
*Static on phone calls
*Names no longer overwrite numbers on history
*Contacts do not replicate

iMessages is just about the only thing that we can get working right.

This showed up in the betas and was reported, but there were not enough of us for them to focus on fixing it.

Apple knows that it is their problem, not Honda/Acura's problem. Apple is what changed, not the infotainment system.

It also does not matter whether your iPhone is a Qualcomm version or an Intel version.

It's just not going to work right, and it is iOS 11. :-(

It stopped working with my Intel chip 7 Plus with iOS 11, and it did not work with an 8 Plus Qualcomm chip that I just sent back because it was not working right.

I have an iPhone X on the way, and because I was seen to be talking about it on the official Apple testing sites, an Apple employee called me and said to please try setting up the iPhone X as a NEW DEVICE instead of using a backup to set up the new iPhone.

He says this has worked for him and other employees, but warned that it has not worked for everybody.

Before you send back your 8 Plus, maybe you want to think about going through the trouble of setting up as new and repairing.
The following users liked this post:
pgeorg (11-07-2017)