Crazy issue with rlx

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024 | 11:40 AM
10th Gear

Crazy issue with rlx

Hi all. First post here but I’ve been lurking around for a while. So i have a 2014 rlx navigation trim with 23000 miles. Yes, 23000 miles. The issue that I am having is when I go to adjust the side mirrors they will start moving automatically to the endpoint and just start clicking. It’s very difficult for me to control it back to where I need them. I did notice that the button will push down which does make it a little easier to control, but still not perfect. The only way to get the mirror to stop once I have it where I want it is to slide the switch to the middle of left and right, otherwise it will keep moving. Note that I am using fob 2 and have not tried with fob 1 as I need to replace the battery. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated as it’s driving me nuts!!!! Thanks for all of your help!!!!
Old 02-14-2024 | 12:14 PM
mrgold35

I had a similar issue with my 08 RDX and 11 MDX passenger side mirrors. I narrowed it down to dried up lubrication or gunked up lube behind the mirror. I just moved the mirror selector in the middle to limit mirror movement in reverse. I just adjusted as needed manually if the memory seat side mirror setting didn't work 100%. There are YouTube vids on how to pop out the mirror and re-lube. I was too worried about cracking the glass to give it a try.
The following users liked this post:
hondamore (02-14-2024)
Old 02-14-2024 | 02:01 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by mrgold35
I had a similar issue with my 08 RDX and 11 MDX passenger side mirrors. I narrowed it down to dried up lubrication or gunked up lube behind the mirror. I just moved the mirror selector in the middle to limit mirror movement in reverse. I just adjusted as needed manually if the memory seat side mirror setting didn't work 100%. There are YouTube vids on how to pop out the mirror and re-lube. I was too worried about cracking the glass to give it a try.
thanks for the reply! Do you think dry lube would allow them to move by themselves? It seems like if the lube was dry, they wouldn’t move as well? Just common sense, but I could be wrong.
Old 02-14-2024 | 02:13 PM
mrgold35

Sounds like what my mirror were doing when I had the mirror adjust switch selected to the right passenger mirror. It was trying to adjust and clicking like crazy to my memory seat position when I open the door (if my wife was the last driver), then into the down position when I place the AT in reverse, and then back to my memory seat position when I placed it into drive. It just ended up making loud clicking/clunking noise the entire time and eventually stopped moving with the mirror set in the wrong position.
Old 02-14-2024 | 03:48 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by mrgold35
Sounds like what my mirror were doing when I had the mirror adjust switch selected to the right passenger mirror. It was trying to adjust and clicking like crazy to my memory seat position when I open the door (if my wife was the last driver), then into the down position when I place the AT in reverse, and then back to my memory seat position when I placed it into drive. It just ended up making loud clicking/clunking noise the entire time and eventually stopped moving with the mirror set in the wrong position.
so frustrating, especially with the price of these vehicles!!