90+ year old woman hit my car!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
In many states / cities.. 311 is used for non-emergencies. Your post said to tell the cops that she hit and run, hopped the curb fleeing. OP clearly stated he doesn't believe she even notice hitting him.
Awesome. That 311 info is not known by everyone. I typed in SCV 311 on google an nothing came up to inform me I could call 311 for my local sheriff. I'll have to ask my cop neighbor about that. I did find this:
Reporting Potholes | LACBC
So it seems 311 is good to call if you find a pot hole... doesn't seem like Id want to call the pothole inspector when someone hits my car.
Seriously though I'll have to look into the 311 thing.

OP clearly stated he BELIEVES she had no idea. That would be OP telling the officers something he ASSUMED while telling them the old lady hopped the curb is by all means fact. Sure, leave out the "I think she was fleeing" part because that holds about as much fact as saying you think she didnt even notice. In fact, there is no evidence to show she has no idea, but hopping a curb is evidence to show someone was in a hurry and fleeing is reason to be in a hurry.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I can't wait to call the police on your grandma one day. Hope they lock her up and throw away the key too, while they're at it. Give it a break. Just stop. No need. We heard you.

OP isn't calling the cops. No one is. On to the next one...
Old 05-21-2015, 12:03 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Old 05-21-2015, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by usdmJON
Awesome. That 311 info is not known by everyone. I typed in SCV 311 on google an nothing came up to inform me I could call 311 for my local sheriff. I'll have to ask my cop neighbor about that. I did find this:
Reporting Potholes | LACBC
So it seems 311 is good to call if you find a pot hole... doesn't seem like Id want to call the pothole inspector when someone hits my car.
Seriously though I'll have to look into the 311 thing.

OP clearly stated he BELIEVES she had no idea. That would be OP telling the officers something he ASSUMED while telling them the old lady hopped the curb is by all means fact. Sure, leave out the "I think she was fleeing" part because that holds about as much fact as saying you think she didnt even notice. In fact, there is no evidence to show she has no idea, but hopping a curb is evidence to show someone was in a hurry and fleeing is reason to be in a hurry.
I'll leave you alone but you sounded like such a douche.. she's old.. she's probably legally blind too (POP, hold it down). She could have run over a crowd of people, parked her car, climbed over the bodies and still have been unaware.

Anyways, yep, you can even report street lights that are out, water leaks, etc. Street lights should have a number on them which will let them know which one. Of course.. CA is strapped for cash, so I wouldn't bank of them fixing anything in any reasonable amount of time.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
I never said change your ways. I said you have much to learn... With how the internet operates. It's a mean and evil place to be

This thread is going sideways... OP, thread is not yet closed as the issue is not yet resolved. I ask again, post pics of damage. You may not even have to spend $200 to have it fixed and we can offer you insight on how to proceed.
I could care less how much it cost to repair. I'm not going to crawl under the car to repair it and I am not taking the bumper cover off. I would prefer to have an expert in a body shop handle it for me. The damage is minor and I am grateful for that. Regarding the daily drive: yes it is and I know eventually marks and chips will happen. But I can try to keep it looking great for as long as possible. Nothing is wrong with that.

Since finding and joining this forum I have not experienced any of this "evil" over on this side of the Zine. I would prefer for things to go back to where they were 24 hours ago. Is it really necessary to attack people and say nasty things to contribute to a conversation? I'm defending others here as I have not been personally directed to fuck off for my comments (that is NOT an invitation to do so). I want none of this and I don't want the rest of us over here to be subjected to this "evil" any more. I hope it will stop. Please.
The following 2 users liked this post by RLX-Sport Hybrid:
2011TL (05-21-2015), woropallo (05-21-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 12:08 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,237 Likes on 1,024 Posts
Not sure if this thread is or or both..............
Old 05-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Suzuka Master

I can't wait to call the police on your grandma one day. Hope they lock her up and throw away the key too, while they're at it. Give it a break. Just stop. No need. We heard you.

OP isn't calling the cops. No one is. On to the next one...
I was simply responding to Majofo dude. He tried poking holes in my post so I explained my position further.
If my grandmas hits your damn car and tries to take off then call the damn cops on her. Gammy knows she needs to look over her shoulder; I told her that both times she hit the neighbor kids.

Hit and run is illegal regardless. Age does not weigh in on the legality of damaging someones property and not taking the proper course of action to fix or replace it.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Guys, tone down the language. This isn't Ramblings or 3G TL, please have respect for others

- The Management
The following 7 users liked this post by Ken1997TL:
2011TL (05-21-2015), hondamore (05-21-2015), Malibu Flyer (05-21-2015), pgeorg (05-21-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (05-21-2015), TSX69 (05-22-2015), woropallo (05-21-2015) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-21-2015, 12:14 PM
Suzuka Master

I'll leave you alone but you sounded like such a douche.. she's old.. she's probably legally blind too (POP, hold it down). She could have run over a crowd of people, parked her car, climbed over the bodies and still have been unaware.

Anyways, yep, you can even report street lights that are out, water leaks, etc. Street lights should have a number on them which will let them know which one. Of course.. CA is strapped for cash, so I wouldn't bank of them fixing anything in any reasonable amount of time.
Believe me dude, "douche" is the least of what you come off as in these forums. I think I can handle you calling me a douche.

You are assuming a lot about an old lady. None of which should protect her from being charged if she damages someone elses property. If she is LEGALLY BLIND then it would be illegal for her to even be driving. That would be even worse. Just stop Majofo. She hit someone's property and took off. There is no reason to NOT own up to that mistake. Age has nothing to do with it except further push that she shouldnt be driving.

Lets assume real quick she had no idea she hit the car. Then she falls into the category of the old lady you hear in the news that dragged a jogger for 50feet before someone pounded on their window at a stop light. YES she got charged, NO age does not matter. The law is the law.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,237 Likes on 1,024 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
This isn't Ramblings or 3G TL, please have respect for others.
I was going to post something like this and/or mention the RLX subforum isn't typically like this. But from a Mod, it carries much more clout. Not sure even the 3G is generally like this. Ramblings is a completely different story though...........
Old 05-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid
I could care less how much it cost to repair. I'm not going to crawl under the car to repair it and I am not taking the bumper cover off. I would prefer to have an expert in a body shop handle it for me.
Man, I wish I was royalty too

Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid
Since finding and joining this forum I have not experienced any of this "evil" over on this side of the Zine. I would prefer for things to go back to where they were 24 hours ago. Is it really necessary to attack people and say nasty things to contribute to a conversation? I'm defending others here as I have not been personally directed to fuck off for my comments (that is NOT an invitation to do so). I want none of this and I don't want the rest of us over here to be subjected to this "evil" any more. I hope it will stop. Please.
So you've scoured exactly 0.000000000000000000001% of the internet and have not come across sarcasm, ball busting, rudeness, one being put in his place, or otherwise. The anonymity behind ones computer screen allows for harsher judgement. It's just the way it is.

You also do not get to decide what others say, if they're responding to your comments. Others will respond as they see fit, which hopefully is in a positive manner, however, your actions will guide others reactions. USDMJon is known around these parts for having questionable actions. As such, he gets questionable reactions. You don't get to invite or not invite someone for calling you out- but I assume by your track record, you are a positive and contributing member, hence why you likely have not seen any rudeness towards yourself.

There are no walls surrounding the RLX community. It is open to all, and as such, things like this will occur from time to time. All you can do is keep on keeping on.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:24 PM
Team Owner

Believe me dude, "douche" is the least of what you come off as in these forums. I think I can handle you calling me a douche.

You are assuming a lot about an old lady. None of which should protect her from being charged if she damages someone elses property. If she is LEGALLY BLIND then it would be illegal for her to even be driving. That would be even worse. Just stop Majofo. She hit someone's property and took off. There is no reason to NOT own up to that mistake. Age has nothing to do with it except further push that she shouldnt be driving.

Lets assume real quick she had no idea she hit the car. Then she falls into the category of the old lady you hear in the news that dragged a jogger for 50feet before someone pounded on their window at a stop light. YES she got charged, NO age does not matter. The law is the law.
Drop it already! The issue at hand is the vehicle damage, not the other driver. No one is concerned about the other driver at this point, besides you. What's done is done.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Knock it off. Temp bans will be handed out. Have respect for others please.
The following users liked this post:
RLX-Sport Hybrid (05-21-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 12:28 PM

Old 05-21-2015, 12:30 PM

I warned them not to visit here Ken.. if anyone should be banned it should be Justn.. for leaving the gate open, thoiboi for sending them here, and TacoBello, for being Canadien.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
Folks,
All this discussion about internet protocol is diverting the subject at hand, which has to do with the thread of a 90 yr hitting one of our fellow members car. I am sorry if I contributed to all this side discussion and respectfully request that we focus on the original thread's topic. If we want to have a discussion on internet language, maybe someone should open a new tread so we can stay focus on this tread.
The following 2 users liked this post by woropallo:
Majofo (05-21-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (05-21-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by woropallo
Folks,
All this discussion about internet protocol is diverting the subject at hand, which has to do with the thread of a 90 yr hitting one of our fellow members car. I am sorry if I contributed to all this side discussion and respectfully request that we focus on the original thread's topic. If we want to have a discussion on internet language, maybe someone should open a new tread so we can stay focus on this tread.
Right... So for the third time... How about some photos of said damage...
Old 05-21-2015, 12:37 PM

Old 05-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Drop it already! The issue at hand is the vehicle damage, not the other driver. No one is concerned about the other driver at this point, besides you. What's done is done.
Dude. Are you kidding me right now? The issue is about a "90+ year old woman".

1. I am not talking to you. Kindly mind your own business.
2. The person I am talking to responded to me so I sure as hell am going to respond. Dont pick a side and tell one of us to shut up. Get off Majo's lap.
3. I am being far more respectful than the person I am speaking to. So try setting your sights on the people name calling... better yet. You're not a mod. Don't set your sights on anyone.

Now, if we want to stay on topic that if fine. Try not name calling me for simply saying what I would have done in the situation and we'll stay on topic. I was on topic. Calling me a toolbag was where things went off path.

OP. As Taco said, post some pics of the damage and we'll give advice. Though I am sure the point of this thread was more to let off steam. Taco needs a direction so lets give it to him.

Last edited by usdmJON; 05-21-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Senior Moderator

All of you drop it. You're off topic. Take it to Ramblings if you must.

Dunce-caps and temp bans will be handed out
Old 05-21-2015, 12:51 PM

Dude. Are you kidding me right now? The issue is about a "90+ year old woman". You drop it.

1. I am not talking to you. Kindly mind your own business.

2. The person I am talking to responded to me so I sure as hell am going to respond. Dont pick a side and tell one of us to shut up. Get off Majo's lap.

3. I am being far more respectful than the person I am speaking to. So try setting your sights on the people name calling... better yet. You're not a mod. Don't set your sights on anyone.

4. Both you and majofo care enough about the other drive if you'll argue with me about it and make a comment about calling the cops on my grandma in hopes that that would change my tune. Stop trying to handle the situation. Stop trying to be a mod. I am not the one derailing the thread here. That would be the users the mod just told to shut up, as well the users the RLX guys are not used to dealing with
Just quoting for posterity. Ken already gave a warning.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I want to see pics of the damage.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Flipster23
I want to see pics of the damage.
Like I said, it is minor but irritating.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Team Owner

I see the chrome piece is cracked... I don't see the paint blemish. Yes, very irritating, but not all that bad, luckily.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:51 PM
Team Owner

Some minor scuffing on the very top of the chrome piece also...
Old 05-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Suzuka Master

I can see some slight scuffing on the right side over the reflection of what could be a truck...
Old 05-21-2015, 03:47 PM

I didn't realize RLX had hideous chromed out deflectors on the rear bumper cover. I guess it's to keep you from noticing that there are no exhaust tips. Freaking Acura.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:51 PM

The bumper and scuffs should buff out. That chrome piece needs to be replaced. It's not currently widely available. I'd just leave it alone until you can pull one, otherwise it'll be pricey.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Did we ever get pics of the damage? Anyone else curious about the damage and want to see the pictures?
Old 05-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Racer

Nevermind pictures were put in today. Looks like I missed a lot people going crazy in here. I went straight to the bottom to post this and didn't even look at the top part.

Last edited by krava; 05-21-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:18 AM
Racer

Side topic how old is the youngest RLX owner here? Am I it? I am getting up there myself. I need to get a time machine and go back to when I was 18 and correct a lot of things. I have a mouth on me like you won't believe if I am in private and I let it go off. Most of the time I watch it and especially on the forums. I know I was probably one of the youngest when I got a NSX, I was 26 at the time if I am correct. 24/25 when I got the vette. 23 when I got my first car and was driving (very late start).

Last edited by krava; 05-22-2015 at 03:20 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:34 AM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by krava
Side topic how old is the youngest RLX owner here? Am I it? I am getting up there myself. I need to get a time machine and go back to when I was 18 and correct a lot of things. I have a mouth on me like you won't believe if I am in private and I let it go off. Most of the time I watch it and especially on the forums. I know I was probably one of the youngest when I got a NSX, I was 26 at the time if I am correct. 24/25 when I got the vette. 23 when I got my first car and was driving (very late start).
I would recommend for this question to open a new thread, you might get more responses that way.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:38 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Man, I wish I was royalty too
Royalty are almost notoriously thrifty about their expenses.

They're either paid by the Crown Estate and responsible to the ultimate authority for their expenses, or they have to fund themselves privately, so they're generally very careful.

The people who throw money around (in my stupid old man's opinion) the most are the third and fourth generation after the industrialist who made the money.

People like Barron Hilton and Paris Hilton are much worse money-throwers than "royalty" who are generally responsible to their peoples and their sovereign for what they do and what they spend.

:-)
The following 2 users liked this post by George Knighton:
pgeorg (05-22-2015), RLX-Sport Hybrid (05-22-2015)
Old 05-22-2015, 07:41 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Side topic how old is the youngest RLX owner here?
I've met a couple of thirty-somethings at the dealer, but other than they I have only met people in their 40's and up.

I have a mouth on me like you won't believe....
We've known you for a while now. I think we'd believe it.

:hit and run:

Old 05-22-2015, 08:20 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Glad to see it was only minor damage. I was thinking it was worse, like the bumper cover caved in and a light cracked.

The annoying adventures of car ownership
Old 05-22-2015, 08:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
Glad to see it was only minor damage. I was thinking it was worse, like the bumper cover caved in and a light cracked.

The annoying adventures of car ownership
I said all along it was minor but irritating.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by George Knighton
Royalty are almost notoriously thrifty about their expenses.

They're either paid by the Crown Estate and responsible to the ultimate authority for their expenses, or they have to fund themselves privately, so they're generally very careful.

The people who throw money around (in my stupid old man's opinion) the most are the third and fourth generation after the industrialist who made the money.

People like Barron Hilton and Paris Hilton are much worse money-throwers than "royalty" who are generally responsible to their peoples and their sovereign for what they do and what they spend.

Does your father know you're using his computer?
Old 05-22-2015, 10:30 AM

pics of NSX, Vette, RLX, two sticks of butter, stack of waffles and a plate of bacon required
Old 05-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Does your father know you're using his computer?
Really? Do you have to go there? You seem to be looking for trouble. Please stop it. He is just making a comment. Do you need to see a picture for proof? If he says he had those cars, I hope he enjoyed them. Leave it at that. Don't be a trouble maker.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:38 AM

I just want to see his rides..

Quick Reply: 90+ year old woman hit my car!!!!!!!!!!!