90+ year old woman hit my car!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,692 Likes on 6,706 Posts
Originally Posted by woropallo
Nice language!
Maj has a good heart and a gold tongue

when he wants to
Old 05-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Nice language!
Fuck off
Old 05-21-2015, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid
It is ok to be irritated though. I don't blame the old woman per se'. It is her family that should have made sure that she could not drive if her abilities were reduced. Age and biological degradation limit one's physical attributes and thus a legitimate reason to turn in one's license.

I'm not saying that all old people should not drive, but someone who was clearly as confused and disoriented as this woman was means that although I am irritated this happened, I'm not angry at her. It is sad. I have a soft spot for the elderly as they have lived more than we have, experienced life more than we have, and can teach us from life experience that we might not know for decades to come.

They are to be respected, not shunned. They are kind, not crude. They don't look for trouble. They want to be surrounded by their families and enjoy the people who are most important in their lives for however many days they have left. This woman did not bump into my car intentionally, nor did she drive off to attempt to get away with something.

I am sure she did not know she did anything at all, nor did she likely realize that she ran over the curb on the way out of the parking lot. I just hope she does not cause an accident where people and property are lost because nobody explained to her that she should not be behind the wheel anymore.
I had to break this shit up.. was like..

Agreed 100%.. well said.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:22 AM

Whenever someone is driving super slow or weaving a bit on the freeway.. I pass (usually on the right because they're hogging the left lane), and look over to see if they look as dumb as they drive.

Usually it's some dumb twat texting on their phone.. but once in a while it's an old couple and I'm like.. Drive safe!!
Old 05-21-2015, 10:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
Dr. Bob, if this new person to this thread is going to continue to mouth off the way he is, can he be blocked from participating? I don't want to get into a fencing match with him. He is being rude to others and don't appreciate it much. It isn't necessary. Thank you.
The following 2 users liked this post by RLX-Sport Hybrid:
2011TL (05-21-2015), Malibu Flyer (05-21-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 10:34 AM

Need to break you guys in..
Old 05-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Majofo

Need to break you guys in..
No thank you.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
When you have a selfish society like america, old ppl need to drive. You can't count on family to drive you around. Getting hit by old drivers is just a consequence of said laziness and selfishness.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:42 AM

You sure, I'll add in foreplay before going straight for it next time.

I don't need to apologize to you guys for my language, it's the internet. I didn't mean to come off as abrasive, that's just my style. I work in an environment where bullshit is called out and open door meetings are strewn with expletives. I'm not any different anywhere else on this forum, and while I'm no OG here, I've been around and have contributed quite a bit. So you newbs should calm your tits. Peace.
The following users liked this post:
thoiboi (05-21-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by brian6speed
When you have a selfish society like america, old ppl need to drive. You can't count on family to drive you around. Getting hit by old drivers is just a consequence of said laziness and selfishness.
And.. we've come full circle. For most elderly, it's about their independence. They don't want to give up driving, even though they should.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Dr. Bob, if this new person to this thread is going to continue to mouth off the way he is, can he be blocked from participating? I don't want to get into a fencing match with him. He is being rude to others and don't appreciate it much. It isn't necessary. Thank you.
He really didn't mouth off. It's the internet. He was telling you all about an incident that happened.

Sit back, pop some meds with your tea and milk. Don't get all worked up.
thoiboi (05-21-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 10:48 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
Dr.Bob has interacted with majofo for many many years and knows the way he speaks.

after all they are CTS-V buddies.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

You sure, I'll add in foreplay before going straight for it next time.

I don't need to apologize to you guys for my language, it's the internet. I didn't mean to come off as abrasive, that's just my style. I work in an environment where bullshit is called out and open door meetings are strewn with expletives. I'm not any different anywhere else on this forum, and while I'm no OG here, I've been around and have contributed quite a bit. So you newbs should calm your tits. Peace.
If you want to lurk that is fine with us. You sound on the younger side and we older guys are a bit more polished in our language choices. If you want to contribute to the conversation here, please maintain some level of decorum. We can all curse like a sailor, and we all know this is the internet, but I hope we don't have to jump back to high school to share our experiences and ask questions of each other on this forum. If this is how things are going to be moving forward, I would respectfully ask that this thread be closed.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
The RLX site is about repsect toward other posters, an unwritten rule in my "Welcome to the Site..." rules of engagement.
hondamore (05-21-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Team Owner

He dropped a couple of F bombs. Seriously, you probably hear it more on TV.

If you don't like his posts you can put him on your ignore list. It's nothing to lose sleep over.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:03 AM

I did cut out all of my expletives in my last post.
Anyways, hope the damage isn't too much, I'm sure much of it will buff out. Pop in a new deflector and you should be good.

You guys aren't that old, and if you are, we're going to need to see some ID.. don't want you bumping into people in the parking lot.

Originally Posted by justnspace
Dr.Bob has interacted with majofo for many many years and knows the way he speaks.

after all they are CTS-V buddies.
Bob's the man! Love his Vagon.. Justn and I are butt buddies. :gheylaugh:
Old 05-21-2015, 11:04 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
You guys aren't that old, and if you are, we're going to need to see some ID.. don't want you bumping into people in the parking lot.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by miner
The RLX site is about respsect toward other posters, an unwritten rule in my "Welcome to the Site..." rules of engagement.
I'm with you.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:22 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Sheesh... Boy, are the RLX guys ever sensitive. Wait, is my comment permitted?

OP, glad to hear your car can be sorted out without much effort. I'm guessing a power polish of the area would likely clean up the blemish, unless the paint was taken right off.

You should post some photos of the damage
Old 05-21-2015, 11:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
You're a fucking toolbag.
So im the tool bag for calling 911 and explaining what i damn well saw when someone just committed a hit and run while you can yell at a lady infront of her family and a simple "Im sorry" covers it? Please. What a joke. Have fun yelling at other people's mothers ya douche canoe.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:32 AM
Team Owner

Agreed, I was debating whether to do this privately or in the forum, but I believe it needs to be say. Apparently, Majofo has no class and is ignorant. If you need to use vulgary to express yourself on an open forum and respond back in that way you validated by statement.
You've much to learn, young grasshopper.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by usdmJON
So im the tool bag for calling 911 and explaining what i damn well saw when someone just committed a hit and run while you can yell at a lady infront of her family and a simple "Im sorry" covers it? Please. What a joke. Have fun yelling at other people's mothers ya douche canoe.
Not only are you a toolbag, you're dumb as a bag of rocks. USDUMBJon. You don't fucking call 911 for minor traffic incidents, and you don't fucking chase down 90 year old ladies and lie to the cops.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:35 AM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
Fuck off
I was debating whether to do this privately or in the forum, but I believe it needs to be say. Apparently, you have no class and are ignorant. If you need to use vulgary to express yourself on an open forum and respond back in that way you validated by statement.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:38 AM
Team Owner

The sad reality is, I'm guessing your RLX is a daily driven vehicle. If so, keeping a daily driven vehicle in flawless condition is nothing short of being a part time job. It's difficult and expensive.

Damage is caused by weather or by other people or just random incidents. It's impossible to avoid. It's even more expensive to repair. People who have a "fun" car or "weekend driver" rarely let their toys park out anywhere. It gets driven and put way once done. Leaving it out in a public parking lot is opening yourself to problems.

Part of the problem is some people are jealous. Others just don't value cars and don't care about dinging doors, scratching, etc. I've even noticed that parking as far away as possible and as isolated as possible generally leads to vandalism or people parking like asshats next to you, on purpose. They can't have it, why should you?

You're in for an uphill battle if you want to keep that car flawless.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:40 AM

I was debating whether to do this privately or in the forum, but I believe it needs to be say. Apparently, you have no class and are ignorant. If you need to use vulgary to express yourself on an open forum and respond back in that way you validated by statement.
My retort was tongue-in-cheek..

Old 05-21-2015, 11:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Not only are you a toolbag, you're dumb as a bag of rocks. USDUMBJon. You don't fucking call 911 for minor traffic incidents, and you don't fucking chase down 90 year old ladies and lie to the cops.
Okay op doesn't have time to look up his local sheriffs office number. You call 911. Explain your incident and they will connect you to your local sheriff. Done.

The point of following her is to get her plate number since op said he missed it so you can provide it to the officer or operator you speak with them. I never said pull her over. That is dangerous.

And no one ever lied to the cops. Are you even reading the posts you respond to? You talk a load of it for being so uninformed on the situation. Op said she jumped the curb. No one lied by telling the officers that.

I do love how the rlx crowd understands you already mofo.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:41 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Flipster23
He really didn't mouth off. It's the internet. He was telling you all about an incident that happened.

Sit back, pop some meds with your tea and milk. Don't get all worked up.
I have to take exception with your statement, If someone in person told me FO to my face that would be fighting words, Are you saying if the same was done to you , you would just brush it off. This guy does not know me to talk that personally to me. I don't see how it any different when a person responds that way on a social media.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:43 AM

please fuck off.. better?
Old 05-21-2015, 11:44 AM
Team Owner

Okay op doesn't have time to look up his local sheriffs office number. You call 911. Explain your incident and they will connect you to your local sheriff. Done.

The point of following her is to get her plate number since op said he missed it so you can provide it to the officer or operator you speak with them. I never said pull her over. That is dangerous.

And no one ever lied to the cops. Are you even reading the posts you respond to? You talk a load of it for being so uninformed on the situation. Op said she jumped the curb. No one lied by telling the officers that.

But if everyone calls 911 (if they don't have their local police number) explain the situation going on, and have the 911 dispatcher transfer the call over, do you know how much of a mess that would be?

It was a good thing when my Accord was hit, someone was sitting in their car and got description of the driver and license plate number.

FYI, Justn is looking for you.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Please close this thread down

We have jumped off the ledge here and gone into a dark area I do not want to participate in. If you fellas want to banter back and forth somewhere else, I and the rest of us RLX-betas would appreciate it. This is not the place for this. If you have to use curse words in your verbal or written language as often as you would use a verb or an adjective, please excuse yourself from this side of the forum. I can say fuck, shit, asshole, etc... as much as the next guy, but telling someone to fuck off who did not instigate that kind of exchange is rude and totally uncalled for. There is no need to attack people or be nasty. I did not sign up for that. Hopefully when I look at this thread later today all of this crap will go away. As the OP I am asking for the thread to be closed as a result.
The following 3 users liked this post by RLX-Sport Hybrid:
2011TL (05-21-2015), Malibu Flyer (05-21-2015), woropallo (05-21-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 11:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TacoBello
You've much to learn, young grasshopper.
At 63 I an too old to change my ways and put up with young whipper snappers!
Old 05-21-2015, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator

I have to take exception with your statement, If someone in person told me FO to my face that would be fighting words, Are you saying if the same was done to you , you would just brush it off. This guy does not know me to talk that personally to me. I don't see how it any different when a person responds that way on a social media.
You have a lot to learn about the Internet grandpa...

It's this magical place where people can say many things (sometimes like he said tongue-in-cheek) and you can choose to ignore it or you can become combative. Ultimately it's all in the interpretation and that job lies with the interpreter.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:48 AM

In many states / cities.. 311 is used for non-emergencies. Your post said to tell the cops that she hit and run, hopped the curb fleeing. OP clearly stated he doesn't believe she even notice hitting him.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Flipster23
But if everyone calls 911 (if they don't have their local police number) explain the situation going on, and have the 911 dispatcher transfer the call over, do you know how much of a mess that would be?

It was a good thing when my Accord was hit, someone was sitting in their car and got description of the driver and license plate number.

FYI, Justn is looking for you.
For an "emergency" where timing is important, just call 911.

If you have time then of course google search you sheriffs office.

In thay situation i would have not taken the time to locate the number for my local sheriff. I would habe called 911 and said "someome just hit my car and is fleeing. I need my local sheriff." Done.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Racer

please fuck off.. better?
What an idiot you are!!!, This is my last post on this topic. Now that I have read I can block certain posters on this forum I guess I know what to do. Good luck with expanding your vocabulary.

Too the rest of the people on this post, I apologize, I did not mean to move the posting off track.

Last edited by woropallo; 05-21-2015 at 11:59 AM.
2011TL (05-21-2015)
Senior Moderator

I did not sign up for that. Hopefully when I look at this thread later today all of this crap will go away. As the OP I am asking for the thread to be closed as a result.

woropallo.. I apologize. I deal with characters like USDMJon on a daily basis here. Sincerely, ignoramus.

What an idiot you are!!!
Old 05-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Team Owner

I never said change your ways. I said you have much to learn... With how the internet operates. It's a mean and evil place to be

This thread is going sideways... OP, thread is not yet closed as the issue is not yet resolved. I ask again, post pics of damage. You may not even have to spend $200 to have it fixed and we can offer you insight on how to proceed.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
There is this wonderful tool in settings for the site called "Add to ignore list." This site has become much more useful to me since I began using that feature.
The following 2 users liked this post by JM2010 SH-AWD:
2011TL (05-21-2015), woropallo (05-21-2015)

Quick Reply: 90+ year old woman hit my car!!!!!!!!!!!