Read This BEFORE You Buy

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 02:54 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Do the instrument cluster brightness buttons only work at night when it's dark? I have a 2018 loaner and the adjustment buttons work all the time day or night. Sometimes during the day the red is washed out in sunlight or otherwise too bright. I never had a car where you can't adjust that.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:28 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Njbrandon
Do the instrument cluster brightness buttons only work at night when it's dark? I have a 2018 loaner and the adjustment buttons work all the time day or night. Sometimes during the day the red is washed out in sunlight or otherwise too bright. I never had a car where you can't adjust that.
As I have reported, there is something wrong with the "+/- Brightness" button's function and the backlighting of the main display cluster. Under certain lighting conditions the backlight of the main display is completely off making it impossible to read. I find this happens when the sun is low on the horizon. When this occurs the brightness buttons don't function at all. At other times the brightness buttons may function or not, I haven't figured out which conditions allow them to be active. It is VERY frustrating because in my opinion they should always function. I have had my car back to the dealer twice for this and they now claim it is fixed. Since the sun is rarely out in UNY this time of year I haven't been able to test it but I highly doubt that it is fixed. I think all they did was to set the backlight to maximum and they weren't able to test it out with sun low on the horizon either. The buttons still do not function under all conditions.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:29 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Cazman

I agree, this is exactly how it should work. Unfortunately it is not how it works with the RDX gen3. What I determined as the weather became colder in UNY is that when the outside temp is around 68 deg F or less the system works properly. If the outside temperature is about 70 deg F or higher the recirculate function NEVER turns off unless you manually turn it off. A software update could easily correct this along with many of the other annoyances I have listed.
I can’t re-test at the moment because it’s summer but I reviewed this “issue” previously when reading about it in another thread. I’m pretty positive the “recirculate” would turn off when I hit my desired temp during the summer; around 64 degrees-ish. It was in the 90’s outside consistently. I didn’t have to manually turn it off.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:33 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cazman- my nav screen also flickers back and forth from light to dark during dusk, like it can't decide which to pick. It's incredibly annoying along with the high beams flashing everytime I'm behind a white or silver vehicle at night. I had to turn the auto high beam feature off because I already had 2 cars pull aside and I dont need a road rage incident because the feature doesn't work right.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:34 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Audi2Acura

I can’t re-test at the moment because it’s summer but I reviewed this “issue” previously when reading about it in another thread. I’m pretty positive the “recirculate” would turn off when I hit my desired temp during the summer; around 64 degrees-ish. It was in the 90’s outside consistently. I didn’t have to manually turn it off.
I would be very interested to know if you can verify this operation. Thank you.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cazman
I would be very interested to know if you can verify this operation. Thank you.
meant to say “not summer”. I’ll try to restest the opposite with the heating as opposed to cooling. Won’t be able to do the cooking until next spring/summer. Not planning on taking a road trip to Florida any time soon.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Njbrandon
Cazman- my nav screen also flickers back and forth from light to dark during dusk, like it can't decide which to pick. It's incredibly annoying along with the high beams flashing everytime I'm behind a white or silver vehicle at night. I had to turn the auto high beam feature off because I already had 2 cars pull aside and I dont need a road rage incident because the feature doesn't work right.
Interesting. I’ve been applauding Acura’s flawless implementation of auto-high beams. It works perfectly for me, regardless of another car’s color.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts

Interesting. I’ve been applauding Acura’s flawless implementation of auto-high beams. It works perfectly for me, regardless of another car’s color.
Same here. I've not noticed any unusual functioning at all. I had one instance when the high beams were 'stuck' on but that turned out to be operator error because the nut behind the steering wheel had flipped the level forward while getting into the car.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by MI-RDX
Same here. I've not noticed any unusual functioning at all. I had one instance when the high beams were 'stuck' on but that turned out to be operator error because the nut behind the steering wheel had flipped the level forward while getting into the car.
That connection error between the seat and steering wheel. I know it well.. after 60 years, I still haven't found a repair shop that can fix it!
Old 11-28-2018, 07:24 AM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Well, I just experienced this earlier. It was a white car in front of me and I was driving down a 10 degree slope and the high beam came on automatically. I have driven down this slope almost daily and it was the fist time that the auto high beam came on.
On a flat road with a white car in front, the auto high beam does not go on. I am keeping an eye on this.