First A1 service due, problems I have so far

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 03:04 PM
Red 2019 RDX ASPEC

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
First A1 service due, problems I have so far

My ASPEC SH-AWD finally has it's first A1 due. These are the issues I've been experiencing and will include when I make my appointment:
  • Squealing brakes on cooler, dryer days (I live in the Bay Area), but goes away after a few stops
  • Sometimes, when starting to drive after the car has been sitting overnight or all day at work, there is a slight vibration coming from the brakes for the first 2-3 stops then it goes away
  • Creaky suspension, front and back, when going over speed bumps - worse on cold, dry days
  • Right driver side window very noisy when going down, especially if I haven't rolled it down in a couple days
  • Rolling the same window up, I used to get a weird, dirty film covering the exterior of the window (not so much now), but still want to bring it up.
I've had a couple of minor glitches with the infotainment system, but nowhere near as problematic as some that I have been reading about. No real issues there. Other than the mechanical issues above, I'm very happy with my RDX. It's an awesome car, fun to drive, comfortable, beautiful inside and out, great AC, quiet cabin, and the sound system is amazing. Friends who have ridden in the back seat always comment on the comfort and roominess.

No regrets for me!
The following 2 users liked this post by MCBfly:
GW208 (05-10-2019), securityguy (05-11-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 03:47 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the exact same issues as you listed above. What year did you buy the RDX? It seems if you bought it December 2018 and newer, it seems to have not as many issues as others have had prior.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:35 PM
Red 2019 RDX ASPEC

Originally Posted by abrizzle
I have the exact same issues as you listed above. What year did you buy the RDX? It seems if you bought it December 2018 and newer, it seems to have not as many issues as others have had prior.
I bought mine in October 2018. I waited just a little bit to get mine because of all the issues I had read about with the infotainment system and I'm glad I did. I don't have all the major issues earlier purchasers have reported with it.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:10 PM
Red 2019 RDX ASPEC

Originally Posted by MCBfly
My ASPEC SH-AWD finally has it's first A1 due. These are the issues I've been experiencing and will include when I make my appointment:
  • Squealing brakes on cooler, dryer days (I live in the Bay Area), but goes away after a few stops
  • Sometimes, when starting to drive after the car has been sitting overnight or all day at work, there is a slight vibration coming from the brakes for the first 2-3 stops then it goes away
  • Creaky suspension, front and back, when going over speed bumps - worse on cold, dry days
  • Right driver side window very noisy when going down, especially if I haven't rolled it down in a couple days
  • Rolling the same window up, I used to get a weird, dirty film covering the exterior of the window (not so much now), but still want to bring it up.
I've had a couple of minor glitches with the infotainment system, but nowhere near as problematic as some that I have been reading about. No real issues there. Other than the mechanical issues above, I'm very happy with my RDX. It's an awesome car, fun to drive, comfortable, beautiful inside and out, great AC, quiet cabin, and the sound system is amazing. Friends who have ridden in the back seat always comment on the comfort and roominess.

No regrets for me!
Took my car in for service this morning. Here's what was said about the issues I brought up.

Squealing brakes: it will happen on cold days due to condensation. There is no fix unless Acura comes up with a new brake pad, which has happened before, so they made a note in my account to contact me to replace if there is a new brake pad available.

Slight vibration in brakes: comes from condensation.

Creaky suspension: nothing wrong, but they apply more lube and that has resolved the issue so far.

Driver side window noisy and coming back up with dirty film: they cleaned the window mechanism and lubed it up so that has been resolved

Got my first service free of charge. Paid $0 out the door.

The following users liked this post:
subin (05-23-2019)