Everything Went Dark...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:04 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Everything Went Dark...

Hi Guys,

So I've had my '19 RDX Advance FWD since last summer. It seems the longer I've owned it the more problems occur. However, today was by far unnerving.
I've had plenty of issues with the Infotainment, but today while driving to work the entire vehicle went dark.
I was driving on the interstate and all the dials / Infotainment / heat / etc it all turned off. However, obviously the Engine was still going and I was still able to drive.
A few moments later, the dials flashed and it came back on. I was so afraid it would stall out in the middle of the interstate but luckily I got to work safely. I did notice after the electronics came back on it was blinking a bit, it would go bright then dim as if it was having some type of issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have approximately 4500 miles on my SUV.

Thank you for reading this.

Eva
Old 01-17-2019, 04:10 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by EvaB
Hi Guys,

So I've had my '19 RDX Advance FWD since last summer. It seems the longer I've owned it the more problems occur. However, today was by far unnerving.
I've had plenty of issues with the Infotainment, but today while driving to work the entire vehicle went dark.
I was driving on the interstate and all the dials / Infotainment / heat / etc it all turned off. However, obviously the Engine was still going and I was still able to drive.
A few moments later, the dials flashed and it came back on. I was so afraid it would stall out in the middle of the interstate but luckily I got to work safely. I did notice after the electronics came back on it was blinking a bit, it would go bright then dim as if it was having some type of issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have approximately 4500 miles on my SUV.

Thank you for reading this.

Eva
Yes.. It has happened to me on two occasions and still no answers as to why.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:16 PM
Cruisin'

Thank you for responding.
I took it to the dealership but they didn't have any answers for me.
They did say a fix was coming for the issue where the Infotainment stays on after exiting the vehicle. They just don't know when.
Today was just freaky since I couldn't even tell how fast I was going.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:03 PM
Racer

Thank you for responding.
I took it to the dealership but they didn't have any answers for me.
They did say a fix was coming for the issue where the Infotainment stays on after exiting the vehicle. They just don't know when.
Today was just freaky since I couldn't even tell how fast I was going.
There is an OTA air update already available, Search in your settings for the update. You have to connect to your Internet at home or at the dealer. It takes about 20-30 minutes depending on connection. It will fix the staying on after exiting issue.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:43 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by nick04tl
There is an OTA air update already available, Search in your settings for the update. You have to connect to your Internet at home or at the dealer. It takes about 20-30 minutes depending on connection. It will fix the staying on after exiting issue.
I checked this morning for an update and unfortunately it said that none were available. I'll check again tomorrow.
Thank you for the update.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:20 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
The update just brings some early production vehicles up to the same software revision as later production vehicles. If yours is later production, there is nothing for you.

There's a big long thread on this: D.1.0.7 update
Old 01-18-2019, 12:56 PM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Me and at least another member experienced the screen flashing issue. For me, this just happened one time and that was after the software update to new 1.0.7. I stopped the car, exited, and came back about 15 minutes, restarted and the issue was gone (turning off the car, open the door and restart it within a couple of minutes did not fix it) The local dealer looked at this by connecting a diagnostic machine, but found no issue. I would report this to the dealer and at least to put it on the record.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:36 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I checked this morning for an update and unfortunately it said that none were available. I'll check again tomorrow.
Thank you for the update.
You might not see it if you are in Canada.