Dawn/dusk nav screen

Old 10-31-2018, 08:41 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dawn/dusk nav screen

With the nav screen in the main display, there is an option to update the display for day and night automatically. I noticed that at dawn/dusk that the screen flips back and forth pretty frequently, probably because the light level is at the threshold for switching. When this happens I get an error that says I cant switch drive modes, which isnt true because I still can. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. Seems like the code needs some better hysterisis when switching from day to night mode.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Like you I've noticed the switching between day/night mode when right at the light level threshold. Unlike you, I have not experienced anything else at the same time - at least that I noticed.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:19 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m having a sinilar problem, my nav screen only switches between day and night mode during the day but at night it doesn’t work even with the auto option. It is so frustrating and have noticed the the headunit has a lot of glitches with many features not working properly all the time. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?
Old 11-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Main Display Blackout

Originally Posted by Carlos Avila
I’m having a sinilar problem, my nav screen only switches between day and night mode during the day but at night it doesn’t work even with the auto option. It is so frustrating and have noticed the the headunit has a lot of glitches with many features not working properly all the time. Anyone else experiencing the same issues?
When the sun is low at dawn or dusk my main display becomes so dark that information is not visable. In this mode the brightness buttons don’t function. It is very frustrating especially since the dealer just blows me off by saying that is the way all of them work. He also refuses to set up a meeting with the Acura regional manager by telling me that it is the dealers responsibility to fix problems. This would be OK if he actually fixed the multiple problems I have with the vehicle. Acura is reminding me of the old days when USA manufacturers didn’t value their customers and only gave lip service. My Acura experience leads me to this being my first and last Acura.
The following users liked this post:
Leaf 68 (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 09:09 PM
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Carlos Avila
Mine has the exact same issue and told my dealer about it a few months ago. Annoying for sure, but would still buy my A-Spec all over again.