2019 RDX Advanced

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 04:36 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2019 RDX Advanced

OK, I know have a little over 3000 miles on my new vehicle, and it is in the shop again for random failures, mostly all electrically related:

So far, the following things have happened,

First week,
Infotainment system locks up twice.
GPS arrow spinning in circles.
After gassing up the vehicle, I press the start button and dash lights up and then everything goes completely blank, no dash lights, no interior lights, not electrical activity of any kind. I opened the hood and started checking to see if all the relays were seated, attempt to start again and still nothing happens. Wait an additional 10 minutes and the car starts and behaves normally.

After this first trip to the dealer -

The report was that there was a bad ground to the battery, so the removed the ground, cleaned and re-seated.

Drove for several more weeks, sometimes the GPS/Infotainment system would forget where it was and reset, sometimes taking several minutes to boot.

The the GPS will lock up when navigating, the pointer is following the car on the street, but the time to destination and turn by turn has stopped working.

After this event, when I restarted the car it took about 5 minutes to get to the map on the screen. Just the spinning circle thing.

Then as I'm leaving for work, I start the car and and the following happens:
Yellow Light in the dash @! Auto Idle Stop System Problem, See your Dealer was on and the AC Blower is running at full speed, but no light on the A/C controls, the air is hot (is was 90 degrees outside) and none of the buttons on the A/C controls have any effect.
I turn it off and restart and the same things happens.
I drive for a mile, less than 20 mph, stop the vehicle, turn it off and let it sit for a moment.
I restart and the same things happen.
I drove the rest of the way home and it seemed as if the car was running in limp mode, little power and that the transmission was running in performance mode since it was waiting to shift till about 3500 rpm.

Parked it at home that evening.

Started the next day and everything is working again. I drive directly to the dealer and left the car with them. It's been there 3 days with no report on whats up with the car.

At this point I am extremely unhappy. It looks like the electrical gremlins have infected the car.

It really doesn't matter if it's really nice when it works. If I wanted that I could have bought an old Italian car, fun when they work.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
I was waiting for the "anti troll" squad to show up and start questioning your authenticity and intent until I saw the pix. Sorry to hear about your problems, you are not alone.

Best to keep videos of problems happening,
Make a call to Acura consumer service (and let the dealer that you did)
Ask when Acura Rep visiting the dealership and to speak to him/her
Keep harassing the dealers until they address your issue!
Old 11-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Angry Welcome to the Club

Good luck with the dealer and Acura "experience", ha ha. All a lot of lip service. There are many problems with the 2019 RDX, you are not alone. My dealer won't even set up a meeting with the factory rep to address the multiple problems that I have. Typical attitude is "they are ALL that way". One of the worst experiences I have had with a car and that includes a LOT of vehicles.
The following users liked this post:
SandwichViking (11-08-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 08:37 AM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Contact the National Better Business Bureau's Automobile Department.....seriously....I bought a 2013 Nissan Altima (a newly redesigned model) and had several issues that the dealer(s) could not or would not resolve. I spent 3 months dealing with Nissan of North America with no luck. Someone suggested I contact the National BBB Auto Dept, which I did. Within days, they had opened a case on my behalf and low and behold things started to happen! Within weeks, I was contacted by my dealer telling me that a special factory tech rep wanted to schedule my car to be brought in for correcting the issues. That took place and I was taken care of FINALLY!

Just a suggestion but it could work for you just like it worked for me. BTW a large number of owners, at that time, all had the exact same issues as I had so my issues were "known issues".