Pedal Commander on my 2019

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 11:38 AM
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pedal Commander on my 2019

I know it's a bit costly but I wanted to pass along how great
this product works. took 10 minutes to install, and all the pedal lag is gone.

I like the City +2 setting, my wife likes the City -2 setting.

no its not more HP, but it now leaps off the line, with no pedal lag.
LP

Old 10-17-2022, 12:00 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,961 Likes on 14,481 Posts
People really underestimate how much the pedal feel influences whether or not you enjoy driving a car.
So barely touching the pedal and the car taking off easier translates into your brain feeling like the car is lighter and faster.
Very cool, thanks for sharing.
Old 10-19-2022, 11:32 AM
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my wife was almost hit 2x, pulling out from a side street, due to the OEM lag.
she now has the confidence to make those quick responses, as the car will now respond,
no cost is too high to fix that.
Old 10-22-2022, 04:14 PM
Expanse me

Received 302 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by mr2u
my wife was almost hit 2x, pulling out from a side street, due to the OEM lag.
she now has the confidence to make those quick responses, as the car will now respond,
no cost is too high to fix that.
i have been reading about it but don't see specifics on how it works. You got any links on that?
Old 10-25-2022, 11:45 AM

with drive by wire, it's a voltage thing...all this does is bump the voltage up on the TPS so you barely have to press the physical pedal for x amount of throttle input.
You can achieve the same by pressing your foot harder BUT it makes you feel like it's slow and cumbersome.
The following users liked this post:
KSeriesTuner (10-26-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 12:50 PM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by rockstar143
with drive by wire, it's a voltage thing...all this does is bump the voltage up on the TPS so you barely have to press the physical pedal for x amount of throttle input.
You can achieve the same by pressing your foot harder BUT it makes you feel like it's slow and cumbersome.
right, so its still analog at the tps, like the old days with the tps attached to the intake plates- thinking late 80s here.
then it gets sampled at a sensor close to the ecu i imagine. I wonder if a slight adjustment in the pedal angle will do the same. right now i get around it by either 1) tipping in on the pedal just a little before hitting the throttle, or 2) flipping the right paddle, which apparently gives it a little bump so the delay is minimal if at all.
Old 10-25-2022, 01:14 PM

if you still have a set of platform shoes (goldfish optional) you can also net the same result.
KSeriesTuner (10-26-2022)
Old 10-25-2022, 07:45 PM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by rockstar143
if you still have a set of platform shoes (goldfish optional) you can also net the same result.
Thats funny, even funnier, that tps circuit really hasn't changed since then.
rockstar143 (10-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 08:13 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
There are similar complaints in the diesel world (3/4, one ton). Huge delays in pedal response are designed to mitigate emissions but they end up making the vehicle dangerous to drive.
Those pedal amplifiers help but only up to about half throttle. They can't apply more than 100% throttle when you floor it.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:35 PM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I recently picked up a Ktuner v2 on ebay and did the flash to stage 1. The car is noticeably faster. Prior to the tune, I did a transmission reset/relearn, so first to second gear transition was much nicer. Is the pedal commander along with the tune going to be overkill?
Old 05-27-2024, 10:02 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by alphaqup
I recently picked up a Ktuner v2 on ebay and did the flash to stage 1. The car is noticeably faster. Prior to the tune, I did a transmission reset/relearn, so first to second gear transition was much nicer. Is the pedal commander along with the tune going to be overkill?
dont have an answer to that. my suggestion, pull the right right paddle before hitting the throttle, or put the brake stop on,. works well.
what was your reset procedure?
Old 05-27-2024, 10:14 AM
6th Gear

Got this instruction for the MDX, but it worked for the RDX as well. I believe this is mentioned on TLX threads as well. I believe there's a youtube video on this as well, but the instructions below are accurate. It basically resets the learning of the transmission, and starts it fresh again.

You can reset yourself.
  • Put car in accessory mode (starter button twice but no gas pedal). Bunch of lights should be on in the instrument cluster.
  • step on accelerator and hold until check engine light shuts off. Release accelerator.
  • press on/off button to turn everything off.
  • start car normally.
  • tranny ECU is reset.
MA73 (05-28-2024)
Old 05-27-2024, 04:43 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
I've been considering KTuner for awhile and flashing to stage 2. In your opinion, is it worth it and how much more enjoyable is your RDX now?
Old 05-27-2024, 08:48 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by SpaceBot
I've been considering KTuner for awhile and flashing to stage 2. In your opinion, is it worth it and how much more enjoyable is your RDX now?
It's definitely worth it, even with just stage 1 right now. I have full intent of going to stage 2 soon, I'm still on first tank of gas with the stage 1. When I put 93 in it, I'm going to stage 2. So... my wife, my daughter and I all drive the car. I definitely feel it pull at lower gears and gets to 60 much faster. My wife and daughter can only describe it as noticeably faster. My wife is the daily driver of it, and I'm always surprised if she notices anything, but she does. However, we recently got a loaner 2024 rdx AWD for my MDX, so I've been able to do direct comparisons between a stock and tuned. For reference, I have a 2019 tech AWD, and the loaner is the same, but 2024. I initially thought that the stage 1 tune made comfort/sport mode feel like sport +, but that's definitely not accurate. I drive the 2024 loaner on sport+ mode, and it's most definitely slower than then tuned RDX. Stock RDXes are definitely boring and slow in comparison.

I happened to pick up a used Ktuner v2 on ebay (unlocked) for 400 after tax, so I'm really happy with the price/performance on this. I've done some bolt-on's for previous cars before, and can tell you the ease/price to performance of this mod is much better than all previous bolt-ons combined. I'm loving it. With my minimal experiences in bolt-on's that encompass CAI and short rams, this HP gain on these is much more than those on my previous vehicles. If I had to guess, 0-60 is likely 2 seconds or more faster using daily drive acceleration (not flooring it) My warranty is coming up on my RDX, but after experiencing the tune, makes me wonder why I waited so long. I'm curious how the mpg is going to be with the tune too, but it's too early to tell right now. I'm looking to spend another $100 or so on a PRL intake hose, and drop in my KN filter, and call it a day with the level 2 tune. If I were less budget conscience, I would've picked up the stage 3 phearable tune for sure.
SpaceBot (05-27-2024)
Old 05-28-2024, 08:02 AM
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts
It's definitely worth it, even with just stage 1 right now. I have full intent of going to stage 2 soon, I'm still on first tank of gas with the stage 1. When I put 93 in it, I'm going to stage 2. So... my wife, my daughter and I all drive the car. I definitely feel it pull at lower gears and gets to 60 much faster. My wife and daughter can only describe it as noticeably faster. My wife is the daily driver of it, and I'm always surprised if she notices anything, but she does. However, we recently got a loaner 2024 rdx AWD for my MDX, so I've been able to do direct comparisons between a stock and tuned. For reference, I have a 2019 tech AWD, and the loaner is the same, but 2024. I initially thought that the stage 1 tune made comfort/sport mode feel like sport +, but that's definitely not accurate. I drive the 2024 loaner on sport+ mode, and it's most definitely slower than then tuned RDX. Stock RDXes are definitely boring and slow in comparison.

I happened to pick up a used Ktuner v2 on ebay (unlocked) for 400 after tax, so I'm really happy with the price/performance on this. I've done some bolt-on's for previous cars before, and can tell you the ease/price to performance of this mod is much better than all previous bolt-ons combined. I'm loving it. With my minimal experiences in bolt-on's that encompass CAI and short rams, this HP gain on these is much more than those on my previous vehicles. If I had to guess, 0-60 is likely 2 seconds or more faster using daily drive acceleration (not flooring it) My warranty is coming up on my RDX, but after experiencing the tune, makes me wonder why I waited so long. I'm curious how the mpg is going to be with the tune too, but it's too early to tell right now. I'm looking to spend another $100 or so on a PRL intake hose, and drop in my KN filter, and call it a day with the level 2 tune. If I were less budget conscience, I would've picked up the stage 3 phearable tune for sure.
Definitely get the K&N (or another high flow filter) and the PRL intake tube! I did that before a tune and the throttle response and sound was so much better. Im curious, what is your IAT (intake air temp 1) with the stock filter and intake setup? With my KN+PRL I am seeing around 10-15 degrees above ambient which is pretty darn good for not having a "cold air intake." Also, only use 93, the RDX is noticeably more sluggish with anything less.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:30 PM
6th Gear

You're in luck. I happened to have a picture of it shortly after a drive, and idling in the driveway for about 1 minute. Before the pic in my garage, The IAT was 95F as well. The idling temp in my driveway was also 95F. I believe it was 80F outside/ambient when I took the pic.

How's your MPG been after the tune? Pre-tune I've always been at 18.5-20 mpg. This is with 24 mile roundtrips, 30 minute one way. I was hoping to see another perk of this tune, higher mpg around 23, but maybe that's wishful thinking.
Old 05-29-2024, 07:22 AM
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts
I can report back the MPG in a few days, just topped off with quality 93 so I will see how this tank goes. I used to be around 19/20. I expect the same or worse to be honest.