How do you take care of ASPEC seats???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 06:43 PM
Red 2019 RDX ASPEC

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
How do you take care of ASPEC seats???

I am still trying to decide between ASPEC or Tech. Either way, SH-AWD, but with the Tech I'm considering the 20" wheel upgrade and maybe the lower bumper trims on the front and back.
I like cleaning my car myself. But even taking it to a car wash (as they are plentiful in California) presents a challenge. As far as taking care of the interior, the Tech seats are pretty straight forward since you can use the same leather cleaner and conditioner all over the seats. But with the ASPEC, how do you take care of the seats, especially where the leather meets the UltraSuede???
Old 10-05-2018, 06:58 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Same question here. I'm choosing between a tech and an aspec....epresso vs red.

Love the espresso, but not sure about the red; is the red "too red"? Will the velvet end up looking dirty/old in a few years?
The following users liked this post:
MCBfly (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
From the looks of it, ultrasuede seems quite easy to maintain:

Care Instructions | SUPPORT | Ultrasuede® | TORAY

However, I would keep the leather cleaners/conditioners away from it since the oils in the cleaner/conditionmay effect the look of the ultrasuede.

Leather seats are leather seats, there are quite a few tutorials online that tell you how to take of them. When stains (like denim) are really bad, I've even steam cleaned them with a household steamer (on my previous vehicle), and then cleaned and conditioned them back to new.

I have the front lower bumper trim installed on my Platinum Elite (Canadian equivalent to the US Advanced model) and I tried to have the lower rear bumper trim installed, but the dealer said that installing it would interfere with the hands-free tailgate (kick) feature. And according to the RDX Installation Times document, they're right.

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BFR09212.PDF
The following users liked this post:
MCBfly (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Red 2019 RDX ASPEC

Originally Posted by bluntman72
From the looks of it, ultrasuede seems quite easy to maintain:

Care Instructions | SUPPORT | Ultrasuede® | TORAY

However, I would keep the leather cleaners/conditioners away from it since the oils in the cleaner/conditionmay effect the look of the ultrasuede.

Leather seats are leather seats, there are quite a few tutorials online that tell you how to take of them. When stains (like denim) are really bad, I've even steam cleaned them with a household steamer (on my previous vehicle), and then cleaned and conditioned them back to new.

I have the front lower bumper trim installed on my Platinum Elite (Canadian equivalent to the US Advanced model) and I tried to have the lower rear bumper trim installed, but the dealer said that installing it would interfere with the hands-free tailgate (kick) feature. And according to the RDX Installation Times document, they're right.

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BFR09212.PDF
I guess I just have to be very careful at the edges of the inserts if I go with an ASPEC. And not take it to the car wash - those guys are not careful. Sounds kind of a PITA since I like to be quick.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:50 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I went with the black interior (white exterior). The RED back seats were overwhelming - now if it just had the red suede inserts in the black seats, I think that would be cool. And I liked the red stitching better that thee white around the interior.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:13 PM
Red 2019 RDX ASPEC

Originally Posted by jperdoch
I went with the black interior (white exterior). The RED back seats were overwhelming - now if it just had the red suede inserts in the black seats, I think that would be cool. And I liked the red stitching better that thee white around the interior.
Agree. If the suede inserts an piping were red I probably would have gone with that color scheme. I went with the red ASPEC with the black interior. I have no regrets getting the red - so far the other RDXs I see driving around are either white, silver, or black so I stand out just a little bit. The piping in my car is actually a light gray than a white. You sure it's not light gray in yours?
Old 02-25-2019, 04:16 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MCBfly
Agree. If the suede inserts an piping were red I probably would have gone with that color scheme. I went with the red ASPEC with the black interior. I have no regrets getting the red - so far the other RDXs I see driving around are either white, silver, or black so I stand out just a little bit. The piping in my car is actually a light gray than a white. You sure it's not light gray in yours?
Yep, light grey.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:48 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Actually, you need to be very careful with the ultrasuede! I would recommend a mild fabric cleaner like Chemical Guys LightningFast. This is what I use on my carpeting/floor mats. Basically don't want to overwet it and you don't want to over agitate it either. The nice thing about LF is that is also has some protectant properties. Check out AMMONYC...Larry has one good video out there about how to clean Alcantara which is basically how you should clean UltraSuede.