How To Obtain a REAL 2019 RDX Owner's Manual/Nav Guide

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
How To Obtain a REAL 2019 RDX Owner's Manual/Nav Guide

First off, you'd think that by spending $45K+ on a vehicle the manufacturer would include an Owner's Manual. Apparently this is just too much of a burden for Acura. They feel that the customer is the one who should make the effort in obtaining a battery powered manual (i.e. electronic version) or, God forbid, an actual hardcopy which doesn't rely on electricity. It is an odd way of doing things as the Owner's Manual clearly states (page 4), "This owner’s manual should be considered a permanent part of the vehicle and should remain with the vehicle when it is sold." I guess this does not apply to the FIRST time it's sold.

So on to the point. Once you have the VIN for your manual-less $45k+ vehicle, hop on the interwebs and visit Acura Owners Site | Exclusive Knowledge, Service, & Benefits
After you provide your vehicle information you'll be able to navigate to "Manuals and Warranties".

Feel free to grab the battery powered versions (I have these on plenty of devices). BUT the REAL, PHYSICAL Owner's Manual and Nav Guide require scrolling to the bottom of the page, clicking the link and providing some mailing info.

They must print these books "to order" because it takes up to 5 WEEKS for you to obtain items that should have already been in the glovebox. First, no more Service Manuals, now no more Owner's Manuals. I expect to have to provide air for the tires if I purchase another new Acura down the road (Acura even quit providing shift levers!)
The following 3 users liked this post by danomatic:
Julie Mango (02-19-2019), knakane (02-14-2019), NooYawkuh (03-02-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 05:47 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my manuals upon purchase. Sounds like a dealer issue not an Acura issue.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
They provided me with the owners guide which is 70 pages long but I had to order the owners manual through the parts dept which is almost 700 pages long.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:31 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
I got a basic user manual with the car. The full 700 page manual was not given to me at purchase however I was called and completed a 5 minute survey and had one two days later.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:12 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The reality of today is that most end users don't read manuals. They'd be far happier to watch a quick youtube video on how to do what they want. Did your last computer come with a manual? Not likely. I prefer the searchable PDF files but did sign up and order my printed manual anyway in case I'm somewhere beyond the reach of the internet and want to look something up.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
One of the most enjoyable "rituals" for me when getting a new car is sitting in my garage or driveway for the first few days flipping through the manual and trying things out. It's not the same with my laptop and 5 weeks from now it'll be old. But thanks for the tip. I had ignored those links on the owner site, assuming they were just PDF downloads, which I already had weeks before I got the car.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:34 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
One of the most enjoyable "rituals" for me when getting a new car is sitting in my garage or driveway for the first few days flipping through the manual and trying things out. It's not the same with my laptop and 5 weeks from now it'll be old. But thanks for the tip. I had ignored those links on the owner site, assuming they were just PDF downloads, which I already had weeks before I got the car.
Anymore, with the complexity and diversity of the different infotainment systems in cars now, I either spend time in the car at the dealer pre-purchase to get familiar with it and make sure it will work for me or troll youtube videos with detailed walkthroughs. Other than the actual driving aspect, the infotainment system is the biggest interface with the vehicle so to me it's as important as the appearance and driveability.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:31 AM
Skeptic

Originally Posted by Snave72
Anymore, with the complexity and diversity of the different infotainment systems in cars now, I either spend time in the car at the dealer pre-purchase to get familiar with it and make sure it will work for me or troll youtube videos with detailed walkthroughs. Other than the actual driving aspect, the infotainment system is the biggest interface with the vehicle so to me it's as important as the appearance and driveability.
The salesman spent at least 20-30 minutes with us when we picked up the car. Maybe I retained 50% of what he said. I really need to spend time with some of the features, especially the ones I'm going to use on a regular basis. Some things I'll try once, just to verify they work, and never use them again.

Funny, even though it came with a full tank of gas, one of the first things I thought of when I got home was the gas door release. Looked around, and lo-and-behold, there is none. I didn't want to be like Clark W. Griswold the first time in a gas station. If I hadn't looked it up, I don't know how long it might taken me to figure it out.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
The salesman spent at least 20-30 minutes with us when we picked up the car. Maybe I retained 50% of what he said. I really need to spend time with some of the features, especially the ones I'm going to use on a regular basis. Some things I'll try once, just to verify they work, and never use them again.

Funny, even though it came with a full tank of gas, one of the first things I thought of when I got home was the gas door release. Looked around, and lo-and-behold, there is none. I didn't want to be like Clark W. Griswold the first time in a gas station. If I hadn't looked it up, I don't know how long it might taken me to figure it out.
LOL, we had a rental car on a vacation, a few years ago. We were headed back to the airport, needed to fill the tank, return the rental, and catch a flight. We had just about the right amount of time to do this. Get to the gas station, and I could not find the gas door release. No owners manual in glove box. Hmm..looking and looking. it wasn't the kind that the RDX has, it WAS latched, but I just couldn't find the release. Wife finally googled it and found the release. It was push button on the underside of the drivers door arm rest. I don't remember what brand it was, but possibly a VW Jetta, about 5 years ago? Once again, Google to the rescue!
The following users liked this post:
NooYawkuh (03-03-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 06:54 PM
Skeptic

.... I didn't want to be like Clark W. Griswold the first time in a gas station. ...
If you didn't get the reference.

The following 2 users liked this post by NooYawkuh:
dervi98 (03-13-2019), JB in AZ (03-03-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Skeptic

Mine came today. More like 3 weeks. Go get 'em. They're free from the owner site.

In cars past, I would have also purchased the service manual. I don't know if one is available for the RDX, but no matter. Those days are over for me.

Thanks again to the OP. I don't know if this is in a sticky thread but it should be.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:22 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Try acuraowners site to order one.. you may have to register first.. I ordered thro' the AcuraOwners site for FREE
Old 04-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
PDF better than Paper?

While I’m still debating ordering paper manual, I downloaded PDF Manual and Guide right after buying RDX.

The good:
+ easy to search for key words on iPad while sitting in car or where ever. Don’t have to go get Manual and flip through it.
+ I took screen shots of multi page screen menus and photostitched them into 1 pdf. Again loaded it onto iPad.

the bad
- it may be the pdf reader I am using, but many diagrams seem to be multi level pictures. I think the app has a problem with size of file and as a result, some pics don’t display correctly. Or it could be Acura’s problem with how they built pdf.

havent tried a differ t reader nor computer..YMMV.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:11 AM
9th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I ordered my Owners Manual / Navigation guide through the Acura website last week and it has already arrived! So it does not appear there is currently a long wait time for them anymore :-)