USB No Data -- then recovered - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

USB No Data -- then recovered

Old 11-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

Smile USB No Data -- then recovered

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has come across this? I have a 2019 Acura RDX. The USB stick with music worked fine until this morning. When I tried to play something it said NO DATA please check manual etc. So I left it. On my return trip home this evening I tried again and everything was back to where it was and working.

On the evening start the only thing I did was to put it into "Accessory Mode". It displayed the usual Disclaimer and boot screens then it proceeded to read in the USB Stick music catalogue. This reading in took a while, I would say almost 5 minutes or more.

Maybe someone can explain this behavior? My hunch is that in the morning I started the car right away and something was weird with the boot sequence and hence the Audio system and the USB stick got out of sync,. The Audio system does not reboot until the car is fully shutdown and restarted. I did try removing / re-inserting the USB stick but that did not work. So unlike a Apple Mac or Windows or Linux, the USB is not re-read until boot time if it thinks it has the same USB stick. Correct assumption?

Best, Mike.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

I rarely use my USB now because I am sick and tired of the buggy system. For me, I get those no data errors and the loud squelch during playback. Acura has no fix for it .. yet... I am very disappointed with that especially since I have hundreds of GBs worth of multichannel music on my USB drives.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hobbes88 View Post
Hi,

Not sure if anyone has come across this? I have a 2019 Acura RDX. The USB stick with music worked fine until this morning. When I tried to play something it said NO DATA please check manual etc. So I left it. On my return trip home this evening I tried again and everything was back to where it was and working.

On the evening start the only thing I did was to put it into "Accessory Mode". It displayed the usual Disclaimer and boot screens then it proceeded to read in the USB Stick music catalogue. This reading in took a while, I would say almost 5 minutes or more.

Maybe someone can explain this behavior? My hunch is that in the morning I started the car right away and something was weird with the boot sequence and hence the Audio system and the USB stick got out of sync,. The Audio system does not reboot until the car is fully shutdown and restarted. I did try removing / re-inserting the USB stick but that did not work. So unlike a Apple Mac or Windows or Linux, the USB is not re-read until boot time if it thinks it has the same USB stick. Correct assumption?

Best, Mike.
I am having better luck playing USB flash drives than I did earlier since I replaced the extension cable between the port on the car and the flash drive. The old one tended to lose continuity I suppose due to the normal vibrations from the car when in motion. Sometimes it caused a break in the music when the infotainment system re-initialized when I think it lost continuity. It still is a little quirky from time to time but better with the new cable. It is a cheap fix if that helps.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
I rarely use my USB now because I am sick and tired of the buggy system. For me, I get those no data errors and the loud squelch during playback. Acura has no fix for it .. yet... I am very disappointed with that especially since I have hundreds of GBs worth of multichannel music on my USB drives.
Ii find the USB drive is less buggy the longer the car has been driven. Hopefully this is addressed with the update coming😬
Old 12-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Registered Member

When I first tried music on the USB drive sometimes it would work and sometimes it would hang with some error. I switched drives and the new drive does not cause errors. However when the car is turned off and back on some time later the song that was playing starts again but as soon as it's over it switches to another USB folder and starts playing another song. Then I have to go back to music library back to the USB drive then back to the folder I was playing before then back to the song. Quite a pain. I've now learned that when the car starts up and the old song starts to play I hit the rewind to return it to the beginning of the song and then it continues on the the next song in the list. That explanation is probably as clear as mud but it works for me.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

There is a software coming for the head unit this week. I strongly suggest that everyone holds off on additional complaining until we see what the update fixes as it may impact several issues associated with the radio and NAV set-up.