SiriusXM Trial $ Subscription

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2020 | 02:09 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
I always generate a virtual credit card with my Citi account, with a max $ amount of about $5 over what they quote me and about 2 months expiration date after my phone call/online renewal. That way they are not able to automatically charge my CC at renewal time.
The one time I tried to use a virtual credit card number from citi, it didn’t work. I thought they could tell it was a one-time only number. Maybe I will try it again.
Old 04-14-2020 | 06:48 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
The one time I tried to use a virtual credit card number from citi, it didn’t work. I thought they could tell it was a one-time only number. Maybe I will try it again.
Yeah, I have to laugh....When I do it, (basically twice a year on two vehicles), I give them the virtual card # and they ask for the expiration date, and it is ALWAYS just two to three months in the future, but WAY less than the one year when the SiriusXM plan will renew. I figure they assume I will get a new card with a further out exp date. It always works for me.
Old 04-15-2020 | 08:48 AM
Burning Brakes

I just cut them a check. Same song and dance every 6 months. "I want to cancel unless you can give me the 6 months for $30". They always say yes, and then I also renew my wife's car for the same. Did that for at least 10 years, and then finally cancelled for good. When they started adding DJs who talked instead of playing music I was done with them. There are too many better options for free or less money for what I listen too. I never gave them a credit card. I know people though that still pay like $15/month for each car, but I would be surprised if the company is still in business in two years.
Old 04-15-2020 | 10:33 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by russianDude
just be aware that its difficult to cancel out from them, they like to keep billing your card no matter what, hope you paid by check. Thats a reason I dont want to have anything to do with Sirus, good luck.
they already credited my Acct for unused portion so I am not worried about that. They got it right. I just wish they’d realize how they are raping subscribers. It should be no more than $10/car/year considering that you can get Apple radio for that, and pandora or Spotify for half as much. It’s a joke.
Old 04-15-2020 | 12:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Dizzyg12
they already credited my Acct for unused portion so I am not worried about that. They got it right. I just wish they’d realize how they are raping subscribers. It should be no more than $10/car/year considering that you can get Apple radio for that, and pandora or Spotify for half as much. It’s a joke.
yeah, I rather pay for apple or amazon music streaming. Sound quality of XM is bad.
Old 04-15-2020 | 12:25 PM
Drifting

I don't mind paying $5 a month. I enjoy a couple of the disc jockeys they have. One is phlash Phelps ...he's on in the morning on the 60s channel. He always has interesting info about his road trips...etc...The other one I enjoy listening to is American Top 40 on the weekends... brings me back to what I seem to remember as a happier time. Personal choice. I also have a flash drive in my car with over 3,000 of my favorite tunes.
Old 04-15-2020 | 07:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
I don't mind paying $5 a month. I enjoy a couple of the disc jockeys they have. One is phlash Phelps ...he's on in the morning on the 60s channel. He always has interesting info about his road trips...etc...The other one I enjoy listening to is American Top 40 on the weekends... brings me back to what I seem to remember as a happier time. Personal choice. I also have a flash drive in my car with over 3,000 of my favorite tunes.
my fair price of their services would be about $5 a year, before considering
Old 04-24-2020 | 08:12 PM
Racer

Thank You!!!

Originally Posted by GW208
I saw it mentioned on another forum that it's easy to get the 12 months for $60. deal right now. If you log onto your account, there is a section that says "I want to". Click on that and then select "cancel subscription", from there you are given 3 different renewal options to select from. I haven't personally tried it but my sister and BIL did Sunday and they said it was very easy to do and only took a minute and they received a credit back for the unused portion of their current plan. It was much easier than dealing with customer service on the phone.
This was fast and easy to renew my 3 radios!! Appreciate the posting!!!
Old 01-16-2021 | 11:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GW208
I saw it mentioned on another forum that it's easy to get the 12 months for $60. deal right now. If you log onto your account, there is a section that says "I want to". Click on that and then select "cancel subscription", from there you are given 3 different renewal options to select from. I haven't personally tried it but my sister and BIL did Sunday and they said it was very easy to do and only took a minute and they received a credit back for the unused portion of their current plan. It was much easier than dealing with customer service on the phone.
Well shoot, this doesn't seem to work now.
Our subscription expired earlier this week and I was unable to renew it for this rate online. I was still able to get it by calling though without too much trouble.
The following users liked this post:
JB in AZ (01-17-2021)