Navigation volume too low

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Navigation volume too low

I mostly use Apple Maps via CarPlay for nav. Somewhat frequently I will start the car and the system volume for navigation is too low and I can’t hear the directions (with or without music playing). I then have to go into the System settings and raise the volume (to about 1/3rd level). Does this happen to anybody else? Anybody know how to fix this permanently?
Old 01-26-2019, 05:23 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin Whooten
I mostly use Apple Maps via CarPlay for nav. Somewhat frequently I will start the car and the system volume for navigation is too low and I can’t hear the directions (with or without music playing). I then have to go into the System settings and raise the volume (to about 1/3rd level). Does this happen to anybody else? Anybody know how to fix this permanently?
i think you need to turn the volume up on your phone (as if you’re not connected to the car and would be using apple maps or google maps in its own). I’m guess the car lowers native Nav volume to match phone volume. As an example when my phone was muted, I couldn’t hear any directions via CarPlay when using google maps. When I unmuted my phone sound was back
Old 01-26-2019, 06:23 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin Whooten
It looks like you are using the second method described in the owners manual. Try the first method, which is adjusting the volume while the voice guidance is active. It worked this way for the 2 gen RDX's as well.

The following users liked this post:
Gee-vee (01-27-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 06:13 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, I’m glad I asked - this was the exact issue. I must have been trying to turn down music during nav instructions being read out, and actually turning down nav volume. All set now!
The following users liked this post:
Gee-vee (01-27-2019)