The Clock on the right

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 03:07 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
The Clock on the right

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to set up the infotainment system so that when you start up the car the default is to display the clock in the ~ 3"x3" square on the far right of the screen?

Right now it usually, if not always, ends up displaying a navigation map which is too small to be of much use and not wanted at all. I know where I'm going for most of my trips and most of all want to know how much time I have to get to where I'm going. There is a clock that shows above the 3"x3" section it but it is fairly small and not obvious or entirely readable in my peripheral vision.

The following users liked this post:
robuckj (09-16-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 03:30 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts
I would also like to have this. My wife would like the clock to display on the HUD.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:16 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
I could be wrong but I think the system remembers your last view. I’ll test it but I think my info screen and the mid remembers the last setting it was on. Not to be confused with driver 1/2 settings. Just wherever you had it last.
Old 09-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Advanced

It doesn't seem to work on the last view parameter. I've now shut down the car a few more times and I cannot really see a pattern a yet - there is no guarantee it comes back in clock mode. Tried saving to Driver #1 memory - did not work.

Sometimes it seems to switch to Bluetooth Audio based on what I'm doing in the main part of the screen. As in I've put BT Audio on the main screen when playing music streaming from my phone and flicked the clock mode in the right hand screen. Then I do something on the main screen like play with sound settings and a bit later I notice that BT Audio is now displayed in the right hand screen.

Other times I'll look up and see the map there and I'll be wondering why. Did I try to flick to clock mode and miss it and not notice?

I would like a "sticky" clock mode.

robuckj (09-16-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The right side of the touch pad will swicht from the little screen (clock) to the big screen when depressed, I also just discovered that you can swipe througt at least 3 different displays for the little screen for me these are the options; Nav, Clock and phone.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:40 AM
Advanced

Have been on a bit of a road trip - 3 to 5 hour stints between fill-ups over multiple days. Lots of time to observe what is happening. Frankly, the integration between my Android phone and the infotainment system is driving me crazy. Something is messing up Android Assistant when I connect my phone to the car. Works perfectly away from the car. But that's different thread to post in.

The clock.... the clock..... how to make the clock the default screen for the system to revert to when the infotainment system has a brain fart. And it has lots of them. A couple of times it has had the "Radio is not available" message. The AUX conenction is finicky. So many times the main screen gets changed and the side screen changes as well and it goes to the Nav screen. A 3x3 nav screen is practically useless. Why bother even having it as an option. But to have it switched to this when nothing else related to navigation was in use is mind boggling. For example - I could be using one of the music options - Bluetooth Audio, AUX, FM Radio, or Sirius is on the main screen and something happens (changing from Sirius to Bluetooth Audio might have been one) and the side screen changes as well. Not to one of the music functions that was just discarded.... to the Nav Screen. Why? Why the Nav screen? It is useless for viewing to figure out where you are. You can barely read the streets on it let alone get a sense of where you are going. Why not the clock?

First world problems.....
robuckj (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Thanks, I’ve been wondering about this for 3 months.

Reviewing the Owner’s Manual, here is what I’ve found that is pertinent to the issues mentioned. I am convinced that we cannot set the clock as a default display, unless they add that feature via a software update.

- Pages 144-145, “Clock,” only covers setting date & time, not display.

- Page 252-253 tells how to cycle through the secondary display options, nothing offered on setting one as a “permanent” default display.

- On why the secondary area changes by itself— Page 252: “The card in the secondary information area will change depending on the screen displayed in the primary information area.” Why? Does not say.

-
Old 10-07-2018, 12:28 AM
Advanced

Here's another example:

Start up and before leaving the driveway get everything set up the way I want to see it. Not using Maps so the right hand screen is set to CLOCK. I'm listening to Bluetooth audio or FM Radio so the main screen is on that.

A bit down the road a SMS text comes through and of course I get the super loud SHRIEK alert that a message has come in and after I'm done wincing and doing what I can to stay in my lane I finally look over at the infotainment screen. I see the last remnants of something (maybe to do with a Message Alert) vanish and then the smaller right hand screen changes to MAPS. <<< this is pure programming incompetence!!!

It should return to CLOCK.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Advanced

and another:

Infotainment screens are all set to how I prefer. Clock on the right and music on the larger left area.

Call comes in to my cell. Right screen changes to something (I think to do with the cell phone being in use and options I have). Call ends and the right screen changes to the.... map. Arggggh!!

Old 12-04-2018, 06:32 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Has anyone noticed the car’s clock is always one minute faster than the clock in Apple CarPlay?
Old 12-04-2018, 07:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Has anyone noticed the car’s clock is always one minute faster than the clock in Apple CarPlay?
Or maybe Apple CarPlay is one minute slower than the car?
Old 12-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will check that out