Bluetooth Cutting in and Out

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024 | 05:50 AM
Advanced

Bluetooth Cutting in and Out

I really really tried to search (both because I don't want to be a pain and start a new thread but also because I can't believe this wasn't discussed previously) but I can't find relevant results. VERY often on a call connected via BT (not AA or Carplay), the BT to my Galaxy S23+ disconnects from my RDX, reconnects, disconnects, again and again. This is also happening with friends who have MDXs (some with Android and some with iPhones). I haven't pinpointed if it makes a difference whether I initiated the call or I was receiving an incoming call. I could have sworn I read about this before but I can't find it and I certainly don't remember a solution. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2024 | 10:37 PM
mvl
Pro

I've seen similar in two situations:
1) When connected to headsets on early firmware on my Zflip3. Saw it in a few websites that Samsungs (especially within 6 months of launch) have unreliable firmware. There was an app recommended online that triggered a bluetooth reconnect immediately upon disconnect, and it worked around the bug for 3 months or so until Samsung got new firmware. That's been a couple years ago, I waited 6 months after launch for my zflip4 and zflip5 so didn't have issues with those models.
2) When connected on earlier Acura firmware in loaner vehicles. I make a habit to check for latest firmware updates every time I get in a loaner to make sure I clean out the bugs.

If the issue doesn't occur with AA, then why don't you just use AA?
Old 05-05-2024 | 12:07 PM
Advanced

I am on the latest firmware's for everything. It happened again today when I made an outgoing call. But it also happens on incoming calls. I don't know if it has anything to do with my Galaxy watch or other external factors but it is SO frustrating. I am not such a fan of ongoing Android Auto unless it is for a long trip.
1) It takes time to connect. As a volunteer EMT going to emergencies, I need access to my phone immediately.
2) The car doesn't start up on Android Auto (like it does for maps). I have to select it each time.
3) When it comes on, the map (Google if that was the last I used) is too small. There are also tiles for the last thing I listened to on Spotify and/or Amazon Music.
4) Navigating AA with the Acura system is abysmal.

I am hoping others may have additional thoughts. Thanks for answering though.

PS - I "forgot" my phone and re-paired but it dind't help.