Acura Link App missing info

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 01:35 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Acura Link App missing info

I have the app running on android and have connected to the car but under status all it ever updates is tire pressure. Nothing ever updated under fuel, oil, range or odometer. Anyone else experience this or do I need to change a setting in the car to receive the additional info?

I tested the app to flash the lights and that worked fine.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:39 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 97ws6
I have the app running on android and have connected to the car but under status all it ever updates is tire pressure. Nothing ever updated under fuel, oil, range or odometer. Anyone else experience this or do I need to change a setting in the car to receive the additional info?

I tested the app to flash the lights and that worked fine.
I had this issue first time when I used the app. So I just started the car, sat inside, looked up the status in the app and it showed everything. Since then it is working fine even when the car is turned off.
The following users liked this post:
97ws6 (11-04-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 10:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Same problem here. It updates the top part with the pressure, lock status, and headlight status, but nothing below.
I've tried to update it inside the car and it didn't do anything different. But i guess i'll try it again per JustAnotherOne's suggestion.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:46 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Same here.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
There is an issue with Acura's servers that was discussed in another thread. Happened to me too. I called Acura...they assigned it a case number and in 2 days I was back up and running. This is THE only way to get this resolved and Acura is aware of the situation.
The following users liked this post:
97ws6 (11-09-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by securityguy
There is an issue with Acura's servers that was discussed in another thread. Happened to me too. I called Acura...they assigned it a case number and in 2 days I was back up and running. This is THE only way to get this resolved and Acura is aware of the situation.
Do you mean I have to call in order to activate my car and app reference? Based on your good point I can see how server doesn’t propagate my address postings to the car nav. It ends at server with no connection. Thanks!

Old 11-08-2018, 07:11 AM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by securityguy
Which number did you use to call Acura? Was it their general customer service line? Client Relations? AcuraLink?

My AcuraLink trial isn't working at all and not a single person from AcuraLink has been helpful. I've wasted too much time trying to resolve it the last couple days and passed a message along to my dealer to assist.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustachio
Which number did you use to call Acura? Was it their general customer service line? Client Relations? AcuraLink?

My AcuraLink trial isn't working at all and not a single person from AcuraLink has been helpful. I've wasted too much time trying to resolve it the last couple days and passed a message along to my dealer to assist.
I called the number in the AcuraLink app under support/contact us. I opened a ticket as securityguy suggested after first attempting to sit in the car while it was running waiting for the app to update fuel and oil usage. It did not update.

They will first tell you to uninstall/reinstall the app. You eventually get logged back in and they'll tell you to log out from AcuraLink and log back in hoping that your issue has resolved itself. When all of that fails they will open a ticket.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:35 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had same problem
Old 12-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also had this problem. My dealer finally had Acura assign an engineer to my case and the system began working properly in less than a week.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:04 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
The easiest and most secure / foolproof way to communicate with AcuraLink reps is to push the Acuralink button on the headliner of your RDX. I tried it by phone in another Acura, and we had a verbal communication error that took months to get resolved. If you're in the car they can read data directly from the car's telematics unit.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wander:
securityguy (12-12-2018), TheLevelOne (12-12-2018)