Infotainment Sceen Locked / Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 02:13 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Infotainment Sceen Locked / Dead Battery

My 2019 RDX Advance has an issue after starting it via AcuraLink app. The disclaimer on the infotainment screen is locked and it will not progress to navigation or radio.No matter if you shut off and start the vehicle, it stays on, even with the vehicle off. If left alone overnight it will drain the battery. After you jump start the car, it will reset and the screen comes on as normal. The dealership said Acura has not had any problems like this listed, yet I read numerous posts about the same issue with the locked disclaimer on the screen.

Has anyone had this or a similar issue with the locked screen and battery issue? Thanks in advance for any response.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
I had the screen lock up on the same disclaimer screen one time, I pulled the fuse to prevent the battery from draining. I took it to the dealer and they found nothing. As you mention, there have been other posts of people with this issue, as well as an alternate way to reset the system without pulling the fuse, by pressing 3 buttons on the touchpad interface. It’s been 5 months, and it hasn’t happened again.