RDX used values...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2024 | 12:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Texasrdx21
Thats a good trade in price for your 2023 RDX Advance SH-AWD. What was the catalyst to trade it in and what did you acquire?
Got a 24 CR-V Hybrid Sport Touring in Canyon River Blue.
There was much to like about the RDX but a few things I just did not want to live with. If I was only driving on trips and for fun on back roads I probably would have kept it, but seeing as most of my driving is in stop-n-go commuter to Boston, there were too many trade-offs.
What bothered me about RDX enough to make me trade it in:
  • 10 speed AT constantly hunting for gears (not smooth) when in heavy traffic (unfortunately much of my driving)
  • Poor gas mileage (I knew this going in, but struggled to get 23 mpg driving super easy) and added premium fuel cost (for no fun on commute)
  • The HVAC buttons all jammed together - not user friendly and ergonomically well-designed like all my past Hondas
  • The CarPlay interface with touchpad is challenging to say the least. For most things touchpad was fine, but trying to adjust things on bumpy road in traffic was distracting and much more difficult to do than I wanted to deal with long-term. Not hard to do while parked, but not easy to do on the go IMHO.
CRV Hybrid Sport Touring
  • Super smooth drivetrain (no shifting), good low-end torque
  • Better on-center feel when driving (RDX is "responsive" but for daily commuter it required constant steering correction)
  • "Better" ride - in that it is more compliant without being floaty. Steering feels like RDX Sport and soaks up road bumps better (downside is that is no where near as sporty as RDX
What I will miss:
  • Rear wiper washer
  • RDX seats - so nice, CRV seat are just fine.

Bottom line, if Acura came out with a hybrid RDX with infotainment touchscreen I would be tempted to come back. RDX was/is very attractive vehicle and CRV is more of a utilitarian vehicle, but overall I am happy with my new ride.

Last edited by MJ4RDX; 02-26-2024 at 12:10 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by MJ4RDX:
amcobra (02-26-2024), anoop (02-26-2024), ESHBG (02-28-2024), GW208 (02-26-2024), Techgirl (03-03-2024), Texasrdx21 (02-26-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-26-2024 | 12:13 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MJ4RDX
There was much to like about the RDX but a few things I just did not want to live with. If I was only driving on trips and for fun on back roads I probably would have kept it, but seeing as most of my driving is in stop-n-go commuter to Boston, there were too many trade-offs.
  • 10 speed AT constantly hunting for gears (not smooth) when in heavy traffic (unfortunately much of my driving)
  • Poor gas mileage (I knew this going in, but struggled to get 23 mpg driving super easy) and added premium fuel cost (for no fun on commute)
  • The HVAC buttons all jammed together - not user friendly and ergonomically well-designed like all my past Hondas
  • The CarPlay interface with touchpad is challenging to say the least. For most things touchpad was fine, but trying to adjust things on bumpy road in traffic was distracting and much more difficult to do than I wanted to deal with long-term. Not hard to do while parked, but not easy to do on the go IMHO.
CRV Hybrid Sport Touring
  • Better on-center feel when driving (RDX is "responsive" but for daily commuter it required constant steering correction)
  • "Better" ride - in that it is more compliant without being floaty. Steering feels like RDX Sport and soaks up road bumps better (downside is that is no where near as sporty as RDX
What I will miss:
  • Rear wiper washer

Bottom line, if Acura came out with a hybrid RDX with infotainment touchscreen I would be tempted to come back. RDX was/is very attractive vehicle and CRV is more of a utilitarian vehicle, but overall I am happy with my new ride.
Congrats on the hybrid! That's a big swing in fuel econ! Did you pay any ADM as I had trouble getting a hybrid over a year ago w/o paying ADM?

Has the CRV always lacked a rear wiper washer? I thought nearly every SUV had one!
Old 02-26-2024 | 12:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ELIN
Congrats on the hybrid! That's a big swing in fuel econ! Did you pay any ADM as I had trouble getting a hybrid over a year ago w/o paying ADM?

Has the CRV always lacked a rear wiper washer? I thought nearly every SUV had one!
Sorry, I meant No rear CAMERA washer - they all have wipers LOL

No ADM. When I bought my RDX I could not even get a Hybrid Sport Touring to test drive and they were going for $2-4k over MSRP at that time. I got my RDX for below sticker then, so didn't take too much of a hit (all depreciation I tell myself) whjen buying the CRV (just paid registration, title and doc fee). The fuel cost savings will be about $1,000 per year, so hopefully the CRV will be a keeper
The following 2 users liked this post by MJ4RDX:
ELIN (02-26-2024), Texasrdx21 (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024 | 01:32 PM
Drifting

I really wish there were more hybrid 3-row SUV options as that's where the most fuel savings will be! The Lexus TX is compelling but a new model and ADM means discounts won't be had!
Old 02-26-2024 | 06:19 PM
Burning Brakes

CRV Hybrid Sport Touring
What I will miss:
  • Rear wiper washer

Thanks for sharing. Honda has mastered that hybrid system, you’ll have years of reliable, fun motoring. Pros and cons to everything, sounds like for you - you got more pros with the new CRV Hybrid. Enjoy the new ride.

One of my good friends bought a 2023 CRV Hybrid Sport Touring too, she loves that vehicle. She rode in mine a lot and choose the CVR Hybrid for the mpg, newer styling and all the features. She is also averaging 36mpg in the hill country after 6 months.
The following 2 users liked this post by Texasrdx21:
ESHBG (02-28-2024), MJ4RDX (02-27-2024)
Old 02-26-2024 | 06:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

[*]RDX seats - so nice, CRV seat are just fine.
I will never get why car makers screwed up the excellent seats we had in literally every car in the 90's. They turned every seat into having a bench-like hardness. Now you have to get top luxury trims to get a decent seat. Tesla is the only carmaker that seems to give you a good seat in every car. Even some Lexus seats (especially in their F sport cars) are hard.
Old 02-28-2024 | 09:34 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by anoop
I will never get why car makers screwed up the excellent seats we had in literally every car in the 90's. They turned every seat into having a bench-like hardness. Now you have to get top luxury trims to get a decent seat. Tesla is the only carmaker that seems to give you a good seat in every car. Even some Lexus seats (especially in their F sport cars) are hard.
Agreed. It’s frustrating where companies have cut corners in order to cover the cost of unused modern features, like baked-in navigation systems.
Old 02-28-2024 | 11:43 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jmhumr
Agreed. It’s frustrating where companies have cut corners in order to cover the cost of unused modern features, like baked-in navigation systems.
Exactly. 99% of people have a smart phone who buy a vehicle today, outdate mfg navigation systems are worthless IMO.
Just Bake in Apple Car Play and Android Auto on every new build - as everyone uses google maps for directions. Saves a ton of money and simplifies the infotainment system.