questions about the trip computer and android auto

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts
questions about the trip computer and android auto

With the trip computer is there anyway to show elapsed time? My '18 tlx aspec has this.

My tlx has the dual screen. While I realize that there's a lot of hate for the dual screen I actually prefer it to the single bigger screen with side screen. For example, on the tlx I could keep the map up on one screen while fiddling with the audio on the other screen. Here you can flip back and forth with but with Waze you lose the full display when you change XM stations so you lose the red light camera and police locations.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:07 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by UNCMo96
With the trip computer is there anyway to show elapsed time? My '18 tlx aspec has this.

My tlx has the dual screen. While I realize that there's a lot of hate for the dual screen I actually prefer it to the single bigger screen with side screen. For example, on the tlx I could keep the map up on one screen while fiddling with the audio on the other screen. Here you can flip back and forth with but with Waze you lose the full display when you change XM stations so you lose the red light camera and police locations.
I just cycle through my XM presets using the left thumbwheel on the steering wheel, no need to flip back and forth when a nav app is in the main display.
The following users liked this post:
JB in AZ (02-08-2021)
Old 02-08-2021, 10:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DrWoo
I just cycle through my XM presets using the left thumbwheel on the steering wheel, no need to flip back and forth when a nav app is in the main display.
I know you can do this. It would be nice to do more than just flip through the favorites.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:20 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
I know you can do this. It would be nice to do more than just flip through the favorites.
Voice controls work well. "Change to SiriusXM 70s on 7"
Old 02-08-2021, 06:28 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
...My tlx has the dual screen. While I realize that there's a lot of hate for the dual screen I actually prefer it to the single bigger screen with side screen. For example, on the tlx I could keep the map up on one screen while fiddling with the audio on the other screen. Here you can flip back and forth with but with Waze you lose the full display when you change XM stations so you lose the red light camera and police locations.
I was just responding to your issue where you specifically mentioned changing XM stations (bolded above). If you were interested in doing more than changing the station, you should have specified that. Most people only listen to about 6 stations. As mentioned above, you can always use voice controls to select any XM station. But what else would you want to do on XM while driving and still be safe?
Old 02-08-2021, 07:41 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
I was just responding to your issue where you specifically mentioned changing XM stations (bolded above). If you were interested in doing more than changing the station, you should have specified that. Most people only listen to about 6 stations. As mentioned above, you can always use voice controls to select any XM station. But what else would you want to do on XM while driving and still be safe?
Perhaps they want to scan the channels? The old radios used to be able to do this...well, not OLD old. haha