Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.5.1

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2021 | 10:13 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sonyfever
Yeah, AA feels a little more unstable in establishing the connection here as well. I don't have the issue you mentioned, but had a few occasions that AA is not set up correctly even though the phone is connected. I have since disabled CP in my system once again (it got auto-enabled after 1.5.1) and will see if that changes anything.
Sorry, what's CP? I'll try flipping that setting too.
Old 01-25-2021 | 11:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Turtletop0
Sorry, what's CP? I'll try flipping that setting too.
Apple Car Play?
Old 01-25-2021 | 11:20 AM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Since I'm not seeing any consistent bug reports, I'll go ahead and try the update later today. The only real issue that I hope has been addressed -- but isn't called out in the change log -- is random USB "no data" errors when starting the car with USB audio active. This happens to me about 20% of the time. I can usually avoid this if I remember to switch to FM before shutting down. If the system doesn't recognize the USB drive on startup, I have to shutdown + open the door + restart. It has always recognized the drive on restart. (???) Hopefully they killed this bug. Anything else is gravy for me.
The following users liked this post:
Funz51 (01-25-2021)
Old 01-26-2021 | 09:35 AM
Suzuka Master

I had an issue with 1.5.1, Apple Car play would not connect. After car was restarted, it started to work. I think this is first time I had issue connecting car play,
could be 1.5.1 specific
Old 01-26-2021 | 05:45 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Completed the update. Process finished in <10min. However, I appear to have lost the song/station skip functionality using the left thumb wheel. I did a shutdown/restart to make sure the system was fully booted under 1.5.1 and it persists. Not a tragedy, but I use that function frequently and any function loss is annoying - - especially one that now makes me take my eyes off the road.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old 01-26-2021 | 05:58 PM
Retired Geezer

Originally Posted by DJA123
Completed the update. Process finished in <10min. However, I appear to have lost the song/station skip functionality using the left thumb wheel. I did a shutdown/restart to make sure the system was fully booted under 1.5.1 and it persists. Not a tragedy, but I use that function frequently and any function loss is annoying - - especially one that now makes me take my eyes off the road.

Anyone else seeing this?
Since the update, my left thumb wheel takes me to a random song selection in any of the other non selected albums I have on USB. Similar to you, a forced reboot has made no difference. For every two steps forward, there is one backward. At least the radio works correctly.
Old 01-26-2021 | 06:17 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dblwishbone
What iOS version is your phone on?
Mine is iOS 14.3. I found a way to get connected. Connect your Carplay cable and then click on Acuralink App. When the warning shows up, click "OK" then it'll connect right away.
Old 01-26-2021 | 06:33 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Originally Posted by 4th Acura
... At least the radio works correctly.
Does the thumb wheel toggle radio stations for you? I lost that too. The left/right toggle appears disabled related to the entertainment system. I don't yet know about things like menu navigation, phone calls, texts, etc.
Old 01-26-2021 | 06:41 PM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by 4th Acura
Since the update, my left thumb wheel takes me to a random song selection in any of the other non selected albums I have on USB. Similar to you, a forced reboot has made no difference. For every two steps forward, there is one backward. At least the radio works correctly.
have you guys got he latest gauge cluster installed?
Old 01-26-2021 | 06:44 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Originally Posted by Funz51
have you guys got he latest gauge cluster installed?
My system is OEM as of 1/20. Nothing was changed.
Old 01-26-2021 | 07:37 PM
Drifting

Mine did this just after the update, while testing in the garage. The next time I drove the car, it seemed not to work, right out of the garage...I received in incoming call, then I tried it 5 minutes later and it worked. Since then no issues. I just use it to switch between presets on XM.
Old 01-26-2021 | 08:33 PM
Skeptic

I lost the left thumbwheel once since the update and I've lost it on occasion in the past. 3-finger reboot or restart has always restored it. Usually, just bringing up the FM screen and selecting a station manually once restores the function.
Old 01-26-2021 | 08:48 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Mine did this just after the update, while testing in the garage. The next time I drove the car, it seemed not to work, right out of the garage...I received in incoming call, then I tried it 5 minutes later and it worked. Since then no issues. I just use it to switch between presets on XM.
We'll see if this is another short-term glitch. Perhaps the incoming call activated a dormant component of the install. (Just made that up)
JB in AZ (01-26-2021)
Old 01-26-2021 | 08:49 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
I lost the left thumbwheel once since the update and I've lost it on occasion in the past. 3-finger reboot or restart has always restored it. Usually, just bringing up the FM screen and selecting a station manually once restores the function.
Hmmm, will try that. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2021 | 02:36 PM
Retired Geezer

Does the thumb wheel toggle radio stations for you? I lost that too. The left/right toggle appears disabled related to the entertainment system. I don't yet know about things like menu navigation, phone calls, texts, etc.
Yes, the left thumb wheel changes radio stations.
Old 01-27-2021 | 06:35 PM
Drifting

I was out and about today making many stops. Every time I reentered the car, I tested the left thumb wheel. It worked every time to change the preset radio stations, and when pressing to the left ends an active phone call.
Old 01-27-2021 | 10:03 PM
Racer

I have noticed one thing, and I honestly can not be sure it has anything to do with the update. I use to be able to find a location in Google Maps and then "Share" it with the RDX. The past week or so I have not been able to get this function to work at all. It could be something else or it could have started before the update and I just didn't notice as I may not have tried this for awhile.
Old 01-28-2021 | 08:18 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by hans471
I have noticed one thing, and I honestly can not be sure it has anything to do with the update. I use to be able to find a location in Google Maps and then "Share" it with the RDX. The past week or so I have not been able to get this function to work at all. It could be something else or it could have started before the update and I just didn't notice as I may not have tried this for awhile.
Mine only did it from Apple Maps. It stopped working a while back and I haven’t tried since. I just started to use Car Play and found it better.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 01-28-2021 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-28-2021 | 09:11 AM
Advanced

Did the update, although I hadn’t noticed any problems with 1.2.1. Update took <10 minutes and seemed to worked fine - said the update was successful. And CarPlay worked fine. But the next time I started the car, the starburst stayed swirling for 6-7 minutes before the Home Screen came up. No info on what it was doing, now CarPlay works, and the thumb wheel skip song works, but... I’ve heard a high-pitched “beep” sound three or four times randomly while playing a song through CarPlay. Not any normal car beep or chime sound, and not a sound I’ve heard from my iPhone before. Almost like the old CONELRAD sound (look it up, youngsters), But short, maybe half a second. The small side of the screen also went black once, but came back on its own after about a minute, or it was a delayed reaction to a swipe / press of that part of the touchpad that didn’t seem to have any effect? I was only driving for about 20 minutes, so I don’t know if this is still an “update in progress” despite the successful update notice. I’ll be out later today to see if it’s still happening.
Old 01-28-2021 | 03:10 PM
10th Gear

Service dept said 1.2.1 was highest for my car

Had car in for service yesterday and I asked about updating software, was told 1.2.1 was highest for my car. Does this seem correct. I’ve seen comments on software level 1.5.1, 2020 rdx advance .

Thank you
Old 01-28-2021 | 03:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Roger Shaver
Had car in for service yesterday and I asked about updating software, was told 1.2.1 was highest for my car. Does this seem correct. I’ve seen comments on software level 1.5.1, 2020 rdx advance .

Thank you
No. They are wrong. 1.5.1 is the latest version. Connect your RDX to your home wireless network and it should automatically begin the update process.
Old 01-28-2021 | 04:31 PM
Instructor

I'm still waiting for the update to show on either the OTA or usb.acura.com systems; I'm imagining the update requests are spaced out. Last time the USB site didn't even show release notes until after I had gotten the OTA.
Old 01-28-2021 | 04:41 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

I was out and about today making many stops. Every time I reentered the car, I tested the left thumb wheel. It worked every time to change the preset radio stations, and when pressing to the left ends an active phone call.
Long drive today and a few observations:

As others have reported, the left thumb wheel - dead immediately after update - spontaneously began working as it did before the update. Curious, but no longer an issue.

The music sounded different, if not necessarily better. This may be because audio defaults were restored. I have actually forgotten, but I *believe* I tweaked bass/treble/balance immediately after delivery. Those settings are now centered.

The one issue I hoped would be resolved, is not. The third start with USB audio active gave me a familiar "no device connected" error. After a restart, the drive immediately resumed play. Oh well.

General navigation may be a tick faster, but that could be butt dyno error.

The system clearly does boot faster through the blue driver warning screen. This then may be the primary benefit for my use. I'll take it, since it doesn't look like I had to trade anything.

All in all, a workable maintenance update.
Old 01-28-2021 | 07:00 PM
Skeptic

General navigation may be a tick faster, but that could be butt dyno error.
The map seems to default to a more "sensible" scale. I usually find myself zooming out one or two steps. You would think that default would be the purview of the Navigation software. Either way, some things appears different i the Nav system, but i can't put my finger on them.
Old 01-28-2021 | 07:42 PM
Expanse me

The map seems to default to a more "sensible" scale. I usually find myself zooming out one or two steps. You would think that default would be the purview of the Navigation software. Either way, some things appears different i the Nav system, but i can't put my finger on them.
I find the map gives a better starting view and narrows down to the target better than before, kinda like google maps does.
Old 01-28-2021 | 11:42 PM
2020 RDX, Advance, AWD

I find the map gives a better starting view and narrows down to the target better than before, kinda like google maps does.
I used the nav for my 4hrs of travel today and felt the dynamic zoom and field of view were handled very well in most situations. These transitions did catch my attention, more so than previous uses. This was the first real use since the recent map update so I don't know if that is related. I have to admit that I'm generally pleased with this nav system. (As well as the overall infotainment system...much maligned as it is. I'm definitely not one of the haters)
The following 3 users liked this post by DJA123:
4th Acura (01-29-2021), amcobra (01-29-2021), JB in AZ (01-29-2021)
Old 01-29-2021 | 09:46 PM
'20 RDX Elite

Originally Posted by dblwishbone
I'm still waiting for the update to show on either the OTA or usb.acura.com systems; I'm imagining the update requests are spaced out. Last time the USB site didn't even show release notes until after I had gotten the OTA.
​​​​​​On the same boat. I even tried to factory reset, this did not help with anything other than wasting the time on it and having to redo the presets.
Old 01-30-2021 | 12:04 AM
Racer

Update on "Sharing" places from Google Maps to vehicle nav system:
I commented on problems I had with this earlier and couldn't positively relate it to the latest update. Today I tried something different and suddenly this function started working again...with a strange twist. I need to work more on this however as I need a bigger "sample size" before drawing any conclusions. I will start a new thread on this as I am not sure it really is related to the latest update to the vehicle.
ELIN (01-30-2021)
Old 01-30-2021 | 12:25 AM
Racer

Additional information after giving this some thought: This change in "sharing" may have been a result of an update to the Acura LInk app on the phone. I seem to recall that something change after one of the updates and the software just didn't seem to work as it use to. At the time I wasn't sure if it was a change in the subscription as my "free" ones were expiring or if it was due to an update on the phone app. Anyway, I am looking harder at this as I have gotten it to work now but need to try it different ways to make sure of the root cause. (in the other post I will update this).
Old 01-30-2021 | 10:29 AM
Drifting

I was able to “share” a google maps address. But when I got to the car, it wasn’t there.

Am trying an Apple Maps address. The app let me share it, but lets see if the car gets it.
Old 01-30-2021 | 10:31 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I was able to “share” a google maps address. But when I got to the car, it wasn’t there.

Am trying an Apple Maps address. The app let me share it, but lets see if the car gets it.
Even with improvements, I find the Apple Maps to only be slightly better than the Acura nav.
Old 01-30-2021 | 04:56 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ELIN
Even with improvements, I find the Apple Maps to only be slightly better than the Acura nav.
1. It didn’t work. It was not there when I got there.
2. I like Apple a whole lot better, because I like the traffic light notification since I usually go with no sound, and kowing to turn at a light is helpful, and I like that I can turn the sound on and off; I find Siri is more accurate in finding what I am looking for than is Acura.

I do like the way the Acura map looks, so when all I want is a scrolling map, I leave Acura up there.
Old 01-30-2021 | 05:35 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

I do like the way the Acura map looks, so when all I want is a scrolling map, I leave Acura up there.
I would also do this is it retained the zoom level upon restart. I want 1/4 mile not 500 feet! Ever other "factory" NAV system I have ever had retains the zoom level.
Old 01-30-2021 | 06:21 PM
Drifting

I would also do this is it retained the zoom level upon restart. I want 1/4 mile not 500 feet! Ever other "factory" NAV system I have ever had retains the zoom level.
one of my biggest gripes.

why, on heaven’s green earth, do I have to put the clock on the small screen, and 1/4 mile range on the nav screen manually? Each time I start?

How frickken hard would it have been to retain ALL the selections on shut down? If I left ‘the doofis channel’ playing on XM when I shut down, it plays when I start up.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 01-30-2021 at 06:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Madd Dog:
JB in AZ (01-30-2021), marcolou (02-05-2021)
Old 02-01-2021 | 07:57 AM
Racer

Well, it happened again. Thought this update would solve the issue. Had the pulsing of light and dark mode and the "Drive Mode Change unavailable" show up yesterday on initial startup of the car. Tried the three finger reboot, didn't fix it. Tried turning off car, opening driver door…no change. This went on for over and hour while on a drive, very distracting and concerning.
Old 02-01-2021 | 08:25 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by markm929
Well, it happened again. Thought this update would solve the issue. Had the pulsing of light and dark mode and the "Drive Mode Change unavailable" show up yesterday on initial startup of the car. Tried the three finger reboot, didn't fix it. Tried turning off car, opening driver door…no change. This went on for over and hour while on a drive, very distracting and concerning.
Hey Mark, did you have the gauge cluster replaced yet? That is a fix for this issue. Worked for me.
Old 02-01-2021 | 08:38 AM
Racer

Hey Mark, did you have the gauge cluster replaced yet? That is a fix for this issue. Worked for me.
I did not have the cluster swapped yet. I had the MOST connector fix (TSB-20-031) performed recently, but not the cluster. I didn't see a TSB for that, has there been one released that I can reference?
Old 02-01-2021 | 09:10 AM
Drifting

I did not have the cluster swapped yet. I had the MOST connector fix (TSB-20-031) performed recently, but not the cluster. I didn't see a TSB for that, has there been one released that I can reference?
TSB 20-001 - Center Display Unit Stays On with Ignition Turned to OFF and Door Open
Applies To: 2019 RDX - ALL - ALL

The tile is deceiving, but this is the one. TSB 20-001 Look at the technical service bulletins area here: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...letins-970256/
The following 2 users liked this post by JB in AZ:
Funz51 (02-01-2021), markm929 (02-01-2021)
Old 02-01-2021 | 09:45 AM
Racer

TSB 20-001 - Center Display Unit Stays On with Ignition Turned to OFF and Door Open
Applies To: 2019 RDX - ALL - ALL

The tile is deceiving, but this is the one. TSB 20-001 Look at the technical service bulletins area here: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...letins-970256/

Thanks guys. This is exactly what I am experiencing. Looks like another visit to the dealership to get the fix.
Old 02-01-2021 | 10:11 AM
Drifting

Thanks guys. This is exactly what I am experiencing. Looks like another visit to the dealership to get the fix.
Worked for me, and many others! Be sure to let us know.

Quick Reply: Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.5.1