Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.1.4

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 01:10 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by T-BasZ
... Has anyone ever successfully used the voice command on the car? ...
I have, many times. To make phone calls, map a route to the nearest IHOP, etc.

Of course, when I do, I don't tawk like I'm from Noo Yawk.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:57 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
I have, many times. To make phone calls, map a route to the nearest IHOP, etc.

Of course, when I do, I don't tawk like I'm from Noo Yawk.
It is pretty bad IMHO. I conducted small experiment, since I still have Polish accent, repeating the same address to RDX Navigation and Google "Maps" on my Android phone. Phone recognized address in 4 of 5, while RDX in 1 of 5 attempts. When it cannot understand it waits (I don't know why) long time (up to 30sec.) locking it and making impossible to repeat or to enter address with touchpad.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:55 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JB in AZ
WOW! I guess you are upset. For you own good, please try to calm down. (I hope you are over-reacting in print)

I really know how frustrating these things can be, but in the overall scheme of things, yeah.....small. You mentioned Hurricanes, burning themselves alive. Really? Thousands of lives lost in hurricanes, and you are very upset over an infotainment system in a car?

Have you tried a factory reset? Many have done this and had good results.

I don't deny that Acura is behind the curve on this, both software and communication.

Please put this in the proper priority.
I apologize if my vent offended anyone. I mentioned hurricane because I did lose a car due to hurricane sandy when it was completely under water. I live across the street from the beach.

And no way I'm driving into a wall, I'll wait for the next update to think about that again. My imagination can run wild sometimes. It's just talk.

I'll Factory Reset soon which I was going to do earlier. But I guess I had to vent first.

-T
Old 09-11-2019, 02:55 PM
Drifting

Received 587 Likes on 432 Posts
I think Siri does better with speech recognition if you happen to be an Apple guy. She can "phone a friend" if she doesn't get it, and that friend is a ginormous computing server farm.

Probably the same for Google/Android, not to rub salt in an open wound...

But I have used the baked-in voice commands, with intermittent success if I use my best neutral midwest accent and talk right at the microphone in the front headliner.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
I actually didn't know what people meant until I had a loaner 2019 RDX, while my 2020 was at dealership for a day. Not sure if it is a model year issue, but the 2019 RDX loaner irritated me. The infotainment took forever to load, and it glitched out on me a few times. I want to say, I hope Acura does right by people affected by this. Either through recall, or quicker over the air updates. 500 miles and no issue so far with my 2020 Acura infotainment situation. When it works, it's beautiful! The 10 inch screen help sell me this car over the 7 inch Mazda CX-5. I don't mind the split display, since I find it useful to control music and navigation at the same time.

But, I will be upset also if my infotainment wasn't working.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:54 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
The only "upgrade" I noticed when installing D.1.1.4 is I lost one of my XM favorites, replacing it with some off the wall icon and channel. When I removed it, there is now a space that cannot be filled with a favorite. My wife is finding it impossible to simple operate the D*MN radio.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:58 PM
Skeptic

I still haven't been able to get the update over wifi. And the OTA option (whatever that is) is grayed out.

If I wanted to update via USB, where would I download the update? I would think it would be on the owner's site but they don't even allude to it at all. The "Get Software Update" button just brings up older generations of cars. Where did the release notes come from? The only place I can find them is the sticky thread here.

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...pdates-975600/
Old 09-14-2019, 01:02 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I apologize if someone else has mentioned this. However, I talked to my dealer today. They told me that this update D.1.1.4 is a recall. We should all begin to get letters in the mail telling us to take the car to the dealer for the update. The letter also says that owners will lose their radio presets. This is backassward. What the hell is wrong with AHC? They should have never made the update available to us before the letter was received. The letters are sent in waves so owners won't overload dealerships.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:03 AM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
T-BasZ - at least you're not as triggered as Norm T, who has made it his life's mission to bash the RDX in the comments section of every RDX related video on YouTube.
The following users liked this post:
GW208 (09-14-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 04:16 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D.1.1.4 did not fix my infotainment system problem.

Originally Posted by jayb082
I updated last night. (I dont have an SH-AWD model for those who thought it was only for those). Poked around for a bit but didn't see anything significant off the bat. I wasn't expecting Android Auto quite yet - next update should have that (this fall apparently dealerships were told recently).

Hopefully fixes some of the sporadic bugs and issues people have been having. Time will tell...
i am still having the same issue as before. When using CarPlay to play Apple Music, after some time I will hear a beep noise and their tire audio sound goes completely out. Not able to play any radio stations or XM Radio. When turning off the car engine and exit the car, the infotainment system screen still stays on. Back to square one. Don’t know when is the next software release after D.2.1.4.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:01 AM
Skeptic

USB Update

Even the USB method is telling me my vehicle is up to date. WTF? After a couple weeks of not being able to download the update OTA, I thought I'd try the USB. With no help from the sticky thread here, I finally found the link by googling it.

https://owners.acura.com/vehicles/in...stem-updates/2

I don't know why we don't put this in the sticky thread because it's not easy impossible to find from the owner site home page.

Last edited by NooYawkuh; 09-15-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:22 AM
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
I finally found the link by googling it.

https://owners.acura.com/vehicles/in...stem-updates/2

I don't know why we don't put this in the sticky thread because it's not easy impossible to find from the owner site home page.
After browsing this link I found that the items fixed (supposedly) by update D.1.1.4 are different for both the 2019 and 2020 models.

This LINK shows the items addressed for the 2020 models. All it covers is the clock being off by 1 hour, and graphic updates.

This LINK shows the items addressed for the 2019 models. This list is quite long.

I don't know if this is just an error in the documentation, or D.1.1.4 is really different between the model years.

I have a 2020 model and have not been able to access the update yet. Have any other 2020 owners received it yet?
Old 09-15-2019, 12:18 PM
Drifting

Have you verified the version currently installed?

Depending upon the permissions you have given the car, it may silently install the update. ( ? )

If you have allowed the trial AcuraLink subscriptions to expire, you may have to jump through hoops to get the update.

If all else fails, maybe pull into an Acura or Honda dealer so the thing can hop onto their network, which it does automatically.

Another member noticed that the long list for the D.1.1.4 update is inclusive of things addressed in previous updates D.1.1.2 and D.1.0.7. Only the top two items are unique, clock and graphic update.

Presumably, if the car is an early 2019 without any prior updates applied, the D.1.1.4 would make it current.

Some 2020's may have D.1.1.4 preinstalled.

Last edited by Wander; 09-15-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:02 PM
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander
I am currently at D.1.1.2

Depending upon the permissions you have given the car, it may silently install the update. ( ? )
If you have allowed the trial AcuraLink subscriptions to expire, you may have to jump through hoops to get the update.
If all else fails, maybe pull into an Acura or Honda dealer so the thing can hop onto their network, which it does automatically.
I check each day if an update is available, and confirm that it has not updated silently in the background. I may drive up to the local dealership and try that. I suppose that for repair purposes, those networks may install the update immediately, even though I have not received my personal "invitation" yet.

Another member noticed that the long list for the D.1.1.4 update is inclusive of things addressed in previous updates D.1.1.2 and D.1.0.7. Only the top two items are unique, clock and graphic update.
I had heard that reported as well, however there are many problems on that list that I still experience, and many new features that I have not experienced. So I guess to confirm that, I would have to find the list of items covered by D.1.1.2

Some 2020's may have D.1.1.4 preinstalled.
The 2020's were released in Canada in the beginning of June 2019. I believe that they were released in the US almost a full month earlier. I ordered mine about a week after the Canadian release. Mine came with D.1.1.2, but perhaps later models may have come with a later version. I haven't heard of anyone with D.1.1.3
Old 09-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Skeptic

Yes, I have 1.1.2.

If I go to a Honda or Acura dealer, can I just pull into the parking lot and connect or is there authentication?
Old 09-15-2019, 08:52 PM
Advanced

Canadians got the 1.1.4 update last week. Was hoping they would fix the HUD navigation arrow not showing the correct turn direction. Hopefully next update.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:41 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 RDX A-Spec in Toronto and still can't get the 1.1.1.4 update... I keep clicking on SYSTEM UPDATE and it tells me that there is no update..

For anyone else in Canada, were you on 1.1.1.2 before updating? I don't understand why I am not getting the update pushed to my vehicle
Old 09-16-2019, 10:38 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D 1.1.4 update

I updated over the air change on my 2019 RDX. Didn't notice anything different. Had significant problems with infotainment system not shutting off. Dealer did a hard update. Called after I received software update. He did not know if it will improve infotainment system. However, I have not had any problems since dealer fix.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:23 PM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by konyo1
2020 RDX A-Spec in Toronto and still can't get the 1.1.1.4 update... I keep clicking on SYSTEM UPDATE and it tells me that there is no update..

For anyone else in Canada, were you on 1.1.1.2 before updating? I don't understand why I am not getting the update pushed to my vehicle
Yes, I received it last week (I have a 2019). Interestingly, if you have the AcuraLink app, a little notification popped up the other day for me informing me of a recall notice regarding the clock being incorrect and to schedule an appointment with my dealer for a fix. This is the same issue that D1.1.4 is supposed to fix, so if you don't receive the update within the next week, I would suggest contacting your dealership as they might have a copy of the update in-house.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:38 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I got my rdx in march and it had 1.1.2 already on it.
Make sure you have a wireless connection setup on the vehicle either via phone or wifi. I have the connection setup so that it downloads the update through my phone. All i had to do was click install and wait 5 minutes (while driving) for the system to reboot/install. Easy peasy.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:04 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I've had my RDX Advanced model for 14 months now and was pretty disappointed in the infotainment system performance or lack of it but the most current updaty has actually fixed 95% of the issues I had. Now I don't use Apple Carplay, which still seems to create issues with the infotainment system but the navigation works very well, voice recognition is almost perfect where it rarely ever worked before this update, the various radio bands work perfectly as well as music on my USB drive, which loads and starts playing before I get out of the garage. I have NO complaints with the infotainment system. The only remaining problem is the clock being off 1 hour, which the dealer can take care of on my next service visit. One other pleasant change is the artificial engine noise is much more subdued after the update. Everyone who rides in the car has noticed it. It's a great car and I enjoy driving it every day.
GW208 (09-17-2019)
Old 09-17-2019, 12:41 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by mrblase
One other pleasant change is the artificial engine noise is much more subdued after the update. Everyone who rides in the car has noticed it. It's a great car and I enjoy driving it every day.
I was going to wait another cycle or two, but on this news.....
Old 09-17-2019, 11:41 PM
Drifting

Yes, I have 1.1.2.

If I go to a Honda or Acura dealer, can I just pull into the parking lot and connect or is there authentication?
I don't think there is authentication. I read about this somewhere, but I'm too senile to remember where.
NooYawkuh (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 06:36 AM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
I don't think there is authentication. I read about this somewhere, but I'm too senile to remember where.
I’m guessing it was on the internet.

And it is not called ‘senile’, it is called ‘blessed with a short memory’. All the greats have one.

Wander (09-18-2019)
Old 09-20-2019, 11:45 PM
Advanced

My car came with D1.1.2. I updated to D1.1.4 after seeing the System Update notification last week.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:01 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
Just did the update to D.1.1.1.4 yesterday. This morning as I was reversing the rear cross traffic alert popped on.....and stayed on. I drove around for 20 minutes with the alert screen frozen on the front display. It finally sorted itself the next time I had the occasion to back up. Never had this problem before the update.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:19 PM
Drifting

As for Honda/Acura dealer WiFi, no password to gain access to the service ( updates only ).

System Updates > Menu ( upper right corner ) > Auto Download

Known WiFi sources will be listed. AHMOTA, CHOTA, and OTA are enabled by default, and AFAIK they can't be disabled by the user.

AHMOTA is American Honda Motors OTA

CHOTA is Canadian Honda OTA ( ? )

OTA is via AcuraLink ( ? )
Old 09-21-2019, 06:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Burger Steak & Eggs
Just did the update to D.1.1.1.4 yesterday. This morning as I was reversing the rear cross traffic alert popped on.....and stayed on. I drove around for 20 minutes with the alert screen frozen on the front display. It finally sorted itself the next time I had the occasion to back up. Never had this problem before the update.
FYI I have experienced something similar with D1.1.2, but it was the alert screen from parking sensor got stuck.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:23 AM
Skeptic

As for Honda/Acura dealer WiFi, no password to gain access to the service ( updates only ).

System Updates > Menu ( upper right corner ) > Auto Download

Known WiFi sources will be listed. AHMOTA, CHOTA, and OTA are enabled by default, and AFAIK they can't be disabled by the user.

AHMOTA is American Honda Motors OTA

CHOTA is Canadian Honda OTA ( ? )

OTA is via AcuraLink ( ? )
AHMOTA and OTA are always faded on my car. I assume I have to be in range for AHMOTA (wifi) but OTA uses the 4G network, I think. No?

I'm gonna stop by an Acura dealer this morning to see if I can connect. See what happens.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:20 PM
Skeptic

Weak signal at the dealer on AHMOTA but I was able to connect. Same result, so still waiting. Maybe the dealer has a way to force the update. I have my first maintenance coming up in a couple weeks.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:48 PM
Drifting

Weak signal at the dealer on AHMOTA but I was able to connect. Same result, so still waiting. Maybe the dealer has a way to force the update. I have my first maintenance coming up in a couple weeks.
And you're sure you're not already at D.1.1.4 due to a silent update?

This is so weird. But given all the other bugs ( sorry, "features" ) of the system, maybe we shouldn't be surprised.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:37 PM
Skeptic

And you're sure you're not already at D.1.1.4 due to a silent update?

This is so weird. But given all the other bugs ( sorry, "features" ) of the system, maybe we shouldn't be surprised.
Nope. 1.1.2

At least that's what it tells me. But it also tells me my system is up to date. So, it's lying somewhere.