My New RDX A-Spec Advance...the first 2000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 02:34 PM
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Jordster
Great review! You think about the same things I do and I have come to most of the same conclusions.

I hope the new models are not subject to the limp mode problem. I had my 2020 RDX go limp on a rainy day when, after 45 minutes of sedate rural driving I tried to pass someone with wide-open-throttle. The transmission downshifted, then the engine just ... did nothing. I had plenty of space and pulled over safely, but I can imagine 100 situations where that could have cost me my life! It should be a recall! Anyway...

I wonder why they changed the drive mode names? Sport+ sounded cooler ... I spend most of the time in comfort anyway. I guess they want the "normal" mode to make the car seem more sporty.
Limp mode is not a issue anymore, thank god. I survived limp mode a few times on my 2019 ASPEC until Acura figured it out and dealer fixed it per TSB in early 2021.
Old 04-01-2022, 03:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 323 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio2.0
Not designed to work that way? So when I'm putting it at the lowest possible temperature setting and after driving 1hr to the Hamptons in the afternoon and never thinking "dang, it's too cold, let me turn the A/C down a little" as I have with every other car I've driven, there isn't a problem with the car cooling? The primary benefits of the "Auto" function are to save gas and not needing to fiddle with the system to get it at a temperature you like. Seeing as I'm still not entirely comfortable on the 'Lo' setting, setting it on Auto won't remedy the issue. I'll still be sweating after the gym on my 20min ride home in the summer in the RDX. The same trip in my 2005 GTO as well as my brother's 2012 X5 (that I also use like it's a 1975 Chevette [despite it having an Auto function as well]) when he visits will have me turning the A/C down midway thru.

But sure, I'll appease you and test it out this summer.
I second that. I thought the same in my 2021 RDX Aspec when I was driving in the spring in Texas. The AC never got cold, cool on auto but was super frustrating in 80 degree temps. The dealer said "that's normal", which is crazy. Its the calibration they loaded into the "auto setting", as if the air outside or in the cabin is similar, you'll never get ice cold meat freezer temps. Several new Lexus and Infiniti's I drove are like meat lockers on auto in the same conditions. Super frustrating.

Similarly, I turn the "auto" function off - and turn it down to the lowest setting, That helps a lot - but defeats having a "auto" mode. Plus the system appears to be undersized for the volume inside the RDX. That's why it is critical to get all the windows tinted with ceramic tint - as it reduces the solar and heat gain in the cabin. Tinting the front windshield helps a lot too.
The following 2 users liked this post by Texasrdx21:
leomio2.0 (04-02-2022), tecwerks (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 04:10 PM
Touring

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasrdx21
I second that. I thought the same in my 2021 RDX Aspec when I was driving in the spring in Texas. The AC never got cold, cool on auto but was super frustrating in 80 degree temps. The dealer said "that's normal", which is crazy. Its the calibration they loaded into the "auto setting", as if the air outside or in the cabin is similar, you'll never get ice cold meat freezer temps. Several new Lexus and Infiniti's I drove are like meat lockers on auto in the same conditions. Super frustrating.

Similarly, I turn the "auto" function off - and turn it down to the lowest setting, That helps a lot - but defeats having a "auto" mode. Plus the system appears to be undersized for the volume inside the RDX. That's why it is critical to get all the windows tinted with ceramic tint - as it reduces the solar and heat gain in the cabin. Tinting the front windshield helps a lot too.
I don't seem to be having these issues with my '21 Advance. AC outlet temperatures are a good 20° cooler than ambient. It doesn't take long for the interior to cool down. That's with tint added to the front door windows. I did have the system stick on full heat a couple of months ago, which seemed to fix itself before the dealer could take a look at it.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:07 AM
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Unobtanium
Luxury is very subject to interpretation. I have chosen to use mainstream categorization to define "luxury". If you find it under "Luxury" in Consumer Reports or Car and Driver or Motortrend, then that's what I'll consider it.
For example...is a base GLC300 "luxury" even though it lacks many features? Or is it simply the name-plate that "makes it luxury"? Is the BMW i3 then "a luxury vehicle"? Or maybe it is cost that you are looking at...does this make the higher trim F150's at $90,000 "luxury" despite being "Ford trucks"? See where this goes? We can play games with terms and definitions all day on "luxury" cars, so I simply go with the low hanging fruit of "what is it generally considered by automotive press"? In this case, Acura is "Luxury".

This Lexus dealer (I didn't choose an Acura dealer, for obvious reasons), considers Acura luxury. Perhaps the best definition, is that your competitors give you?
https://www.enslexus.ca/acura-saskatoon/
Likewise, you consider MB luxury...and MB dealers consider Acura a Luxury competitor.
https://www.mbofhenderson.com/mercedes-benz-vs-acura/
Sorry.....I didn't mean to offend you. I suppose an individual can label any vehicle a luxury vehicle if they choose to do so but, that does not make it so.
The interior in my new Mazda CX-5 is of better materials, fit and finish than my RDX but, one would hardly consider a Mazda a luxury vehicle. Do you understand what I'm saying?
It's like you can put lipstick on a pig but, it's still a pig. (not that an Acura is a pig. It's still a very nice premium vehicle) If it feels like a luxury vehicle to you, that is all that matters.
The following users liked this post:
hand-filer (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 01:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Legend2TL
A neighbor has a 2020 and she's very pleased with her 2020 RDX (not sure which trim package), the only complaint she's had is the infotainment system with connecting with her iPhone. No RDX reviews have mentioned anything about ineffective cooling so I think it's not a systematic issue.

My daughter's 2016 Civic had A/C issues but that was related to a condenser that had manufacturing problems. There was a Honda TSB that replaced the condensor/dryer and recharged the system. Fully covered out of warranty.

Also nice writeup on the OP review, covered all the pro/con's very well.
I have a 2020 rdx. The ac does suck. Same issue with my 7th gen Honda Accord. Honda/Acura ACs suck. Tons of people (here and fb) complain about weak the AC in their Acuras (I’ve seen quite a few posts in the new MDX forum and fb group regarding the weak AC). Unlikely to be picked up by a car reviewer as opposed to those who use the vehicles as their daily drivers.
Texasrdx21 (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 02:38 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by Acurafangrl
I have a 2020 rdx. The ac does suck. Same issue with my 7th gen Honda Accord. Honda/Acura ACs suck. Tons of people (here and fb) complain about weak the AC in their Acuras (I’ve seen quite a few posts in the new MDX forum and fb group regarding the weak AC). Unlikely to be picked up by a car reviewer as opposed to those who use the vehicles as their daily drivers.
Ditto on the A/C, at least in our 2019. Took it to dealer, said it is within normal parameters and nothing to be done. Compared to our 2003 Accord and 2006 LR3 it is quite a bit weaker,
Old 04-03-2022, 04:14 PM
Racer

I've a 2021 RDX Advance and my A/C cools and blows just fine. The A/C in my two 2021 Passports which I recently sold also worked just fine. Perhaps they corrected the problem in the 2021 models.
When you say the A/C in your 2020 RDX "does suck", what does that mean?
Old 04-03-2022, 05:38 PM
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Texasrdx21

I have always tinted every glass surface leading to the interior with ceramic tint. Some cars have lame "auto" algorithms, but that mitigates the most of it.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ColoRDX
Sorry.....I didn't mean to offend you. I suppose an individual can label any vehicle a luxury vehicle if they choose to do so but, that does not make it so.
The interior in my new Mazda CX-5 is of better materials, fit and finish than my RDX but, one would hardly consider a Mazda a luxury vehicle. Do you understand what I'm saying?
It's like you can put lipstick on a pig but, it's still a pig. (not that an Acura is a pig. It's still a very nice premium vehicle) If it feels like a luxury vehicle to you, that is all that matters.
It's not that I care what the car is labelled, it's that the market has decided. Acura is a "luxury brand". Having owned a CX5 Grand Touring Reserve, myself, I will agree with you that the interior fit/finish are impeccable, but I do not feel the materials in the CX5 are as high quality as the RDX. Where does the CX5 come up short?

-The AWD system
-The lack of a pano roof (although I don't like them, personally).
-The suspension (It's not adaptive/adjustable)
-The sound system (8 speakers? That's it? And it was pretty muddy. Probably the worst "premium" sound system I've heard. It's a Bose.)
-Where is the wireless AA/ACP? It's 2022...
-6-speed auto? Who even does that, anymore?

In short, the CX5 is a premium vehicle from an auto-maker pushing to become Premium...who is still putting torsion beam suspensions in new products...
Old 04-03-2022, 07:16 PM
Racer

It's not that I care what the car is labelled, it's that the market has decided. Acura is a "luxury brand". Having owned a CX5 Grand Touring Reserve, myself, I will agree with you that the interior fit/finish are impeccable, but I do not feel the materials in the CX5 are as high quality as the RDX. Where does the CX5 come up short?

-The AWD system
-The lack of a pano roof (although I don't like them, personally).
-The suspension (It's not adaptive/adjustable)
-The sound system (8 speakers? That's it? And it was pretty muddy. Probably the worst "premium" sound system I've heard. It's a Bose.)
-Where is the wireless AA/ACP? It's 2022...
-6-speed auto? Who even does that, anymore?

In short, the CX5 is a premium vehicle from an auto-maker pushing to become Premium...who is still putting torsion beam suspensions in new products...
Whoaaaa! All I said was the interior materials as well as the fit and finish in the CX-5 are superior to the RDX. I wasn't comparing the entirety of the two vehicles. The CX-5 is just a main stream compact crossover that competes rather well with a premium class (not luxury) RDX and is quicker 0-60 than the RDX. I like them both. I have one of each sitting in my garage next to each other and can do instant hands on comparisons. A Mazda is a Mazda and doesn't share components like Acura does with Honda, as do other premium class (not luxury) vehicles like Lexus does with Toyota and Infiniti does with Nissan. Again.....if you think your RDX is a performance luxury crossover, good for you.!
Old 04-03-2022, 07:41 PM
Racer

Whoaaaa! All I said was the interior materials as well as the fit and finish in the CX-5 are superior to the RDX. I wasn't comparing the entirety of the two vehicles. The CX-5 is just a main stream compact crossover that competes rather well with a premium class (not luxury) RDX and is quicker 0-60 than the RDX. I like them both. I have one of each sitting in my garage next to each other and can do instant hands on comparisons. A Mazda is a Mazda and doesn't share components like Acura does with Honda, as do other premium class (not luxury) vehicles like Lexus does with Toyota and Infiniti does with Nissan. Again.....if you think your RDX is a performance luxury crossover, good for you.!
My turbo cx5 was markedly slower than my RDX, and the materials on the interior are nicer on rdx. Metal finished items are actual metal, etc. And the seats...nothing about the cx5 seats are luxury, save the napa hide.

I consider them vehicles. It is the market that defines them, and the RDX is a luxury vehicle while the cx5 is not, per any publication you wish to quote.

Last edited by Unobtanium; 04-03-2022 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2022, 07:59 PM
Racer

My turbo cx5 was markedly slower than my RDX, and the materials on the interior are nicer on rdx. Metal finished items are actual metal, etc. And the seats...nothing about the cx5 seats are luxury, save the napa hide.

I consider them vehicles. It is the market that defines them, and the RDX is a luxury vehicle while the cx5 is not, per any publication you wish to quote.
Hey, check out the 0-60 times bible www.zeroto60times.com and you'll see our premium RDX performance crossover is in fact slower in acceleration than the CX-5 Turbo.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:42 PM
Racer

Hey, check out the 0-60 times bible www.zeroto60times.com and you'll see our premium RDX performance crossover is in fact slower in acceleration than the CX-5 Turbo.
I've owned and timed both. I don't need some 3rd party website to inform me of it. The CX5 and RDX are neck and neck until about 50mph, when the RDX begins to just walk off. This is without me brake torqueing the vehicles, though. had I brake torqued them, likely the CX5 would have jumped off the line a bit harder due to the very aggressive boost management in 1st and 2nd with the RDX. Still, I'd prefer the vehicle that is faster from a roll, and faster without abusive driving habits such as brake torquing. As to handling, there is no comparison.

Here is my RDX:
Here is my CX5:

Redline Reviews timed the RDX as faster than the CX5 turbo, as well.

Last edited by Unobtanium; 04-04-2022 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:40 AM
Racer

Slide the cursor in both videos to RIGHT WHEN it changes to 3 seconds. Look at it. Identical indicated speeds...now slide it to EXACTLY 4...now 5....now 6...and guess what? By 6 seconds, the RDX somehow is going several mph quicker than the CX5...Yeah mate, she faster. Owned both. That said, I will have dragy numbers on the RDX later this week, sorry none on the CX5.
Old 04-05-2022, 08:52 AM
Racer

I've owned and timed both. I don't need some 3rd party website to inform me of it. The CX5 and RDX are neck and neck until about 50mph, when the RDX begins to just walk off. This is without me brake torqueing the vehicles, though. had I brake torqued them, likely the CX5 would have jumped off the line a bit harder due to the very aggressive boost management in 1st and 2nd with the RDX. Still, I'd prefer the vehicle that is faster from a roll, and faster without abusive driving habits such as brake torquing. As to handling, there is no comparison.

Here is my RDX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kruVWsnrodY
Here is my CX5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEsTKKJO1CA

Redline Reviews timed the RDX as faster than the CX5 turbo, as well.
Zeroto60times.com is a reliable source that compiles 0-60 times from reliable sources such as Car and Driver and Motortrend.
Both Car and Driver and Motortrend clock the CX-5 turbo at a faster 0-60 time than the RDX. (check them out)
Your personal numbers and Youtube videos are nothing more than an individual's opinion.
The following 2 users liked this post by ColoRDX:
hand-filer (04-05-2022), JustMe... (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 09:56 AM
Racer

Zeroto60times.com is a reliable source that compiles 0-60 times from reliable sources such as Car and Driver and Motortrend.
Both Car and Driver and Motortrend clock the CX-5 turbo at a faster 0-60 time than the RDX. (check them out)
Your personal numbers and Youtube videos are nothing more than an individual's opinion.
Ill have dragy data later this week. If Motortrend and C&D are so awesome, why are they posting such different times for the same cars all the time? My cars. My data. Means more to me.

That said, my videos of my cars show the rdx acceleration is superior. Clearly shows neck and neck 0-40, then, A slow pull by rdx.

Ahy dont you go line your rdx and cx5 up and let us know?
Old 04-05-2022, 04:14 PM
Racer

"line your rdx and cx5 up and let us know?" Know what?

We're going no where with this conversation. Let's move on to something else.
Old 04-05-2022, 04:18 PM
Touring

"line your rdx and cx5 up and let us know?" Know what?

We're going no where with this conversation. Let's move on to something else.
That's be my vote. This has nothing to do with the first 2000 miles.
flames9 (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jcross1231
That's be my vote. This has nothing to do with the first 2000 miles.
Thank you.
I also just rolled over 2k miles.
The RDX is a decent bang for the buck compact crossover. It does handle well but it's more bark than bite when it comes to powertrain performance.
It's a nice peppy, spunky, good looking compact with a nice interior.
The following 3 users liked this post by ColoRDX:
jcross1231 (04-05-2022), Lumify (04-11-2022), rbbcpa (05-10-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 05:21 PM
Racer

Thank you.
I also just rolled over 2k miles.
The RDX is a decent bang for the buck compact crossover. It does handle well but it's more bark than bite when it comes to powertrain performance.
It's a nice peppy, spunky, good looking compact with a nice interior.
I agree that its more bark. The piped in engine noise is to credit, as well as the 10 speed and the number of shifts creating the illusion that its faster than it is. My point was, my cx5 turbo and my rdx on the clock, rdx won. The rdx is the fastest CUV I found that was not german, and not electrified, and was awd. The edge ST is probably quicker, but some YT reviews show it doing worse than Ive done with my rdx.

I believe acceleration is important for the review, as Acura has branded itself as performance oriented.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
I agree that its more bark. The piped in engine noise is to credit, as well as the 10 speed and the number of shifts creating the illusion that its faster than it is. My point was, my cx5 turbo and my rdx on the clock, rdx won. The rdx is the fastest CUV I found that was not german, and not electrified, and was awd. The edge ST is probably quicker, but some YT reviews show it doing worse than Ive done with my rdx.

I believe acceleration is important for the review, as Acura has branded itself as performance oriented.
The Edge ST will walk all over your RDX. You might want to avoid the 2.0 Ecoboost Escape as well

Old 04-05-2022, 09:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by hand-filer
The Edge ST will walk all over your RDX. You might want to avoid the 2.0 Ecoboost Escape as well

Im waiting for my draggy. Will see what it really does. I know reviews span 5.7 to 6.4+ for the RDX. Only one reviewer has tested a 2022 like mine. It did 5.7 first run, and 6.08 the second.
Old 04-05-2022, 09:43 PM
Touring

And we're off topic again.
rbbcpa (04-15-2022)
Old 04-05-2022, 09:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts
It might have heat soaked. Hard to say without knowing the test parameters.
Old 04-05-2022, 11:26 PM
Racer

It might have heat soaked. Hard to say without knowing the test parameters.
It depends on how you launch the vehicle, as well. I do NOT to brake torque launches. If a vehicle comes with a launch mode, I use it. If not, then I do not consider it relevant to heat up the tq converter, etc. This makes a huge difference in some cases. The Stelvio is one such case. Without a brake torque launch, they run 6.6-6.8 0-60's. With a brake torque, 5.4-5.6 is the norm.

Again, this SUV is billed as a "performance" oriented model, so I do not feel that acceleration is outside of the scope of this review.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:17 AM
Racer

And we're off topic again.
So.......give us some input on your first 2,000 miles.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:42 AM
Racer

A new thing has come to light with my RDX. There was a sticker on the back hatch, which said to move one's foot in a kicking motion, twice, to activate the lift gate. I always had hell with it. Turns out, the correct action is ONCE, and ONCE MORE to close it. This explains why it often would not open, or would open and stop after 1-2" of travel, and often only worked when I kicked 3x. Now, I waggle the foot once, and it does my bidding, open and closed. I do not know if this is unique to 2022's and the stickers are outdated, or I just read it wrong.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:23 AM
Racer

A new thing has come to light with my RDX. There was a sticker on the back hatch, which said to move one's foot in a kicking motion, twice, to activate the lift gate. I always had hell with it. Turns out, the correct action is ONCE, and ONCE MORE to close it. This explains why it often would not open, or would open and stop after 1-2" of travel, and often only worked when I kicked 3x. Now, I waggle the foot once, and it does my bidding, open and closed. I do not know if this is unique to 2022's and the stickers are outdated, or I just read it wrong.
I'm going with the last 3 words of your post.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:04 AM
Touring

So.......give us some input on your first 2,000 miles.
I'm at a around 8,800 miles already, largely thanks to driving from Wichita to Florida and back plus a couple more 1,000 mile round trips. My experience has been mostly the same as Unobtanium's with the exception of the build quality being just about perfect. All the panels fit, no rattles (other than the wife's sunglasses in the passenger's door bin). My only complaint is gas mileage, which is at least 2-3 mpg worse than the 2016 I traded in, and the fact that sticker on the hatch describing operation didn't come off easily. I had a problem with runaway heat for 200 miles of driving that cleared itself before the dealer could look at it. It's quiet, good performance and pretty solid.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:59 AM
Racer

I'm at a around 8,800 miles already, largely thanks to driving from Wichita to Florida and back plus a couple more 1,000 mile round trips. My experience has been mostly the same as Unobtanium's with the exception of the build quality being just about perfect. All the panels fit, no rattles (other than the wife's sunglasses in the passenger's door bin). My only complaint is gas mileage, which is at least 2-3 mpg worse than the 2016 I traded in, and the fact that sticker on the hatch describing operation didn't come off easily. I had a problem with runaway heat for 200 miles of driving that cleared itself before the dealer could look at it. It's quiet, good performance and pretty solid.
My hand calculated mpg is averaging 23.5-24.5 so far.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:05 AM
Touring

My hand calculated mpg is averaging 23.5-24.5 so far.
No wind at 80mph on the turnpike, I'm probably getting around 22. The 2016 would do about 24.5 under those same conditions. Under 70mph with the cylinder cutout thing, the '16 would consistently do over 30mpg - usually around 34mpg. Haven't tried the 2021 out under those conditions so far. Seems like we always have a 35mph wind these days. I'm not really all that worried about it - or the 0-60 times. It's plenty good enough and a real decent ride.
Unobtanium (04-07-2022)
Old 04-07-2022, 10:56 AM
Racer

No wind at 80mph on the turnpike, I'm probably getting around 22. The 2016 would do about 24.5 under those same conditions. Under 70mph with the cylinder cutout thing, the '16 would consistently do over 30mpg - usually around 34mpg. Haven't tried the 2021 out under those conditions so far. Seems like we always have a 35mph wind these days. I'm not really all that worried about it - or the 0-60 times. It's plenty good enough and a real decent ride.
I live at 5400' elevation in a Denver suburb and I'm getting 22-23 mpg in the city in my 2021 RDX. Although we do lose a bit of power at the higher elevations, we do experience better mpg's up here.
I really don't worry too much about the RDX 0-60 time. I knew it was no rocket before I bought it.
Unobtanium (04-07-2022)
Old 04-07-2022, 12:35 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,159 Likes on 2,583 Posts
Meh, I think it's you.

In last couple decades in my family and my parents there have been a 2003 Pilot, 2005 TL, 2007 Civic, 2012 Civic, 2016 Civic, 2016 CR-V and 2017 CR-V and the A/C's are fine in all of them when it's working on AUTO. The 2016 Civic had a condenser failure due to a design/manufacturing problem that was replaced by Honda for free after warranty expired. After the 2016 Civic was fixed last summer, I checked the cabin temp with digital thermometer when AUTO 70 s it came to that temp within ~15 minutes of driving. Reviewers would easily pick up on poor HVAC systems especially when many do extended long term testing.
Old 04-07-2022, 02:12 PM
Touring

I live at 5400' elevation in a Denver suburb and I'm getting 22-23 mpg in the city in my 2021 RDX. Although we do lose a bit of power at the higher elevations, we do experience better mpg's up here.
I really don't worry too much about the RDX 0-60 time. I knew it was no rocket before I bought it.
Less air resistance, for one thing. I'd think you'd have about the same amount of power since it's turbocharged, unless it's not normalized or something. I just got 36.1mpg on a 20 mile drive with a 35mph quartering tailwind. That seems a bit much. It's enough of a rocket that I'm happy with it. That's not the only reason for a purchase.
Old 04-08-2022, 02:05 AM
Racer

I'm going with the last 3 words of your post.
You're correct. Just watched a 2019 video and it's always been this way.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
I drove to the supermarket from the gym today in shorts and a very light fleece. 62*F temps shown on the car's thermostat. Put the car's climate control to 58, Auto & Sync. Halfway thru the trip (23 mins, 95% highway), lowered it one degree to 'Lo' and then turned the fan down to speed 3 (where it was before with it set to 58) and the car never got colder than "moderately comfortable". I stepped out and there was no discernible temperature difference. This on a 62 degree day is unacceptable. Any other car I've owned freezes me out on its lowest setting in similar situations. The air from the vents blows out cold, but it must just suck at circulating the air around the cabin. Whoever engineered that aspect of the HVAC shouldn't have a job.

I stand by my prior statement that the A/C's performance is terrible.
Old 04-08-2022, 06:14 PM
Touring

Originally Posted by leomio2.0
I drove to the supermarket from the gym today in shorts and a very light fleece. 62*F temps shown on the car's thermostat. Put the car's climate control to 58, Auto & Sync. Halfway thru the trip (23 mins, 95% highway), lowered it one degree to 'Lo' and then turned the fan down to speed 3 (where it was before with it set to 58) and the car never got colder than "moderately comfortable". I stepped out and there was no discernible temperature difference. This on a 62 degree day is unacceptable. Any other car I've owned freezes me out on its lowest setting in similar situations. The air from the vents blows out cold, but it must just suck at circulating the air around the cabin. Whoever engineered that aspect of the HVAC shouldn't have a job.

I stand by my prior statement that the A/C's performance is terrible.
It's probably a matter of there being something wrong with your AC system. What's the outlet temperature from the vents in the dash? It should be a good 20° colder than ambient.
Unobtanium (04-08-2022)
Old 04-09-2022, 08:53 AM
Racer

Heatsoaked from driving on the freeway a good bit. No brake torque launch, just punched it. 91 octane, about half a tank on the gauge. I dont think the Edge ST is "stomping" it, lol.

I would also like to point out that heatsoaked, the 0-60 on that with 1ft rollout removed, as is standard, was 6.28. The previous time I tested it (30 minutes prior), was 6.12. It probably would have run 14.5-14.6, were it not heatsoaked. Again, that's just mashing the throttle, and you can bet the magazine times that you are quoting involve brake torqued launches and 1/4 tanks of fuel, etc.

Last edited by Unobtanium; 04-09-2022 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-09-2022, 09:10 AM
Touring

I would also like to point out that heatsoaked, the 0-60 on that with 1ft rollout removed, as is standard, was 6.28. The previous time I tested it (30 minutes prior), was 6.12. It probably would have run 14.5-14.6, were it not heatsoaked. Again, that's just mashing the throttle, and you can bet the magazine times that you are quoting involve brake torqued launches and 1/4 tanks of fuel, etc.
And at the end of the day, you're not stuck with a Ford...I doubt many of us bought the RDX for the 0-60 time.
Unobtanium (04-09-2022)
Old 04-09-2022, 09:21 AM
Racer

And at the end of the day, you're not stuck with a Ford...I doubt many of us bought the RDX for the 0-60 time.
Exactly. I could care less about 0.2 seconds in the 0-60 or quarter. My point was that the RDX is a legitimate performance oriented entry level luxury SUV, and the Edge ST isnt going to "stomp" it.

6.14 with the 1ft rollout as per standard. Pretty impressive considering Inused YouTube to get it at 6.15/6.45, lol!

*I tried to edit the 6.12 to 6.14, but had timed out.
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2019-ford-edge-st-first-test-review/

Last edited by Unobtanium; 04-09-2022 at 09:28 AM.
jcross1231 (04-09-2022)

Quick Reply: My New RDX A-Spec Advance...the first 2000 miles