MOST BUS redux

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2021 | 08:01 AM
Pro

MOST BUS redux

My dealers service department are idiots. I have had CarPlay and all the other Infotainment quirks since purchasing my vehicle in 2018. I have an appointment later today to bring in my vehicle to have the MOST Bus Connectors replaced. I get a call this morning and am told that first they need to check if my vehicle is covered for the fix under the extended warranty, huh? Then I am told that they have to see if the error codes in the system show a problem before it can be fixed.. What a circle jerk. Has anyone had Infotainment issues and subsequently had the MOST Bus fix done? Does it seem to fix the Infotainment system hiccups? Hopefully all of them.
Old 05-12-2021 | 05:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by tecwerks
My dealers service department are idiots. I have had CarPlay and all the other Infotainment quirks since purchasing my vehicle in 2018. I have an appointment later today to bring in my vehicle to have the MOST Bus Connectors replaced. I get a call this morning and am told that first they need to check if my vehicle is covered for the fix under the extended warranty, huh? Then I am told that they have to see if the error codes in the system show a problem before it can be fixed.. What a circle jerk. Has anyone had Infotainment issues and subsequently had the MOST Bus fix done? Does it seem to fix the Infotainment system hiccups? Hopefully all of them.
It helped me, and my dealer never was able to see any codes. I would complain to corporate, the MOST connector issue rarely (if ever) will throw any codes for them to look at. They just have to do it
Old 05-12-2021 | 07:28 AM
Pro

@russianDude So, when you say it "helped me" are you saying the MOST fix takes care of the infotainment issues? I have a 2021 Advance as a loaner right now and it seems to have the same weird crap with the infotainment at startup, beeps, audio dropouts etc.......it may not have the MOST fix though, build date on the Advance is 10/20.
Old 05-12-2021 | 07:57 AM
Suzuka Master

@russianDude So, when you say it "helped me" are you saying the MOST fix takes care of the infotainment issues? I have a 2021 Advance as a loaner right now and it seems to have the same weird crap with the infotainment at startup, beeps, audio dropouts etc.......it may not have the MOST fix though, build date on the Advance is 10/20.
I used to have ocasional blue screen “comm lost”, system will reboot. In that period of time I applied TSB, and it got much better, but still once in a while it would still crash. Finally, when I got 1.5.x version of software it got resolved.

Old 05-12-2021 | 01:27 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by russianDude
I used to have ocasional blue screen “comm lost”, system will reboot. In that period of time I applied TSB, and it got much better, but still once in a while it would still crash. Finally, when I got 1.5.x version of software it got resolved.
Thats great, 1.5.x did not help me.
Old 05-12-2021 | 03:20 PM
Skeptic

I never had any major infotainment issues. I don't use CarPlay. I had the crackling and dropouts in the audio when I go over bumps. They did the MOST connectors and it got better but not completely. It still happens occasionally.

I'll have them do it again during my next scheduled service. I'm pretty sure I'm covered by the extended warranty because they sent me a letter saying so.
Old 05-13-2021 | 06:17 AM
Advanced

I’ve had many issues with our 2020 RDX infotainment system. We complained to dealer multiple times and never got anywhere. I’m scheduling service for this fix based on the letter I received from Acura last week. Hopefully, this actually works. Maybe Acura could update the crap software while they are at it. Back to Lexus for us as soon as this lease is up.
The following users liked this post:
tecwerks (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021 | 06:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by motif88
I’ve had many issues with our 2020 RDX infotainment system. We complained to dealer multiple times and never got anywhere. I’m scheduling service for this fix based on the letter I received from Acura last week. Hopefully, this actually works. Maybe Acura could update the crap software while they are at it. Back to Lexus for us as soon as this lease is up.
you never updated to latest version? I think MOST TSB is must if you have blue screen reboots
Old 05-13-2021 | 07:07 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by motif88
Just had the MOST TSB done and meh, just like I figured, did not help. As soon as I left the dealer I had occasional beeping for about 5 minutes, audio dropouts and am now waiting for the entire system to have a panic attack. No new software as mine was up to date. I like Lexus too but it would need to be a RX350 and I just do not like the body style of the RX. My lease is up in Sept and I am for sure not buying another Acura product.
Old 05-13-2021 | 09:48 AM
Drifting

Just had the MOST TSB done and meh, just like I figured, did not help. As soon as I left the dealer I had occasional beeping for about 5 minutes, audio dropouts and am now waiting for the entire system to have a panic attack. No new software as mine was up to date. I like Lexus too but it would need to be a RX350 and I just do not like the body style of the RX. My lease is up in Sept and I am for sure not buying another Acura product.
Just for kicks, drop in to a Lincoln dealer and have a test drive in the Corsair Reserve.
The following 2 users liked this post by JB in AZ:
Ih8honda (05-16-2021), tecwerks (05-13-2021)
Old 05-13-2021 | 01:03 PM
Pro

Hey JB - Im LOL as just last night I was looking at Lincolns but thought the Corsair might be too small interior wise. And OMG, I thought I would never consider a Ford product but hey, it's a new day and congrats. Tell me more like 2.0 or 2.3 motor etc......Thanks

Last edited by tecwerks; 05-13-2021 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2021 | 10:50 AM
Drifting

Hey JB - Im LOL as just last night I was looking at Lincolns but thought the Corsair might be too small interior wise. And OMG, I thought I would never consider a Ford product but hey, it's a new day and congrats. Tell me more like 2.0 or 2.3 motor etc......Thanks
Heh! I have had great results with our prior two Ford Escapes, so it wasn't a big leap of faith for me. Same warranty as RDX, Honesty, I had my RDX at the dealer more times in the two years I owned it than the combined years we owned the Ford Escapes.

I am not a speed freak, rarely used the capacity of the RDX's 2.0T. The Lincoln 2,0 vs 2.3 issue has been mentioned in many online reviews as "why bother with the 2.3 for a difference of a tenth of a second in 0-60 times." However, I have FWD and it seems to me that the AWD models are all 2.3T ???? I could be wrong.

We should take this to a PM if you want to discuss it more, as we are off topic here! LOL
Old 05-14-2021 | 11:34 AM
Burning Brakes

The Nautilus might also be worth a look. It's about 4 " longer and wider than the RDX. The 2.7 twin turbo is smooth and powerful and real world fuel economy is better than the RDX. I've been very happy with mine. 2 years and no warranty issues or recalls so far.
The following 2 users liked this post by hand-filer:
Ih8honda (05-16-2021), JB in AZ (05-14-2021)