Infotainment + USB Music Support

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 07:13 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infotainment + USB Music Support

Hi All,

I was reading some of the other posts but have two questions first being about the Infotainment system. Why does the Infotainment system go nuts when it is very warm in the cabin? The screen brightness goes from dark to light in a loop and driving mode is disabled. The funny thing is that when it is working like this at first it stops the USB music from playing. However while it is still stuck in a light dark loop the USB drive can be reinserted and music will start playing again. Is this a screen protection heat problem like many cell phones have when charging when it is hot and the screen is on?

The second question being about USB Music. I have a 128GB drive that has a read speed of 150MB/s. It is a microSD plugged into a USBA adapter loaded to the top with MP3 and FLAC Files.
Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon
This combination works good but took some time to load at first (something like 4-5 short/medium car trips) but I'm looking to expand to a larger drive. Is there a max drive size? I read that a 400MB/s drive would load much quicker.

Do any of you think that the Infotainment problem that I am experiencing might be caused by the USB drive even though the USB music can be reset while the system is misbehaving even though it continues to misbehave until the car is restarted? Or do I just need to figure out how to put a bigger heat sink on the screen?

Old 06-08-2021, 08:20 AM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by MICHELIDE
Hi All,

I was reading some of the other posts but have two questions first being about the Infotainment system. Why does the Infotainment system go nuts when it is very warm in the cabin? The screen brightness goes from dark to light in a loop and driving mode is disabled. The funny thing is that when it is working like this at first it stops the USB music from playing. However while it is still stuck in a light dark loop the USB drive can be reinserted and music will start playing again. Is this a screen protection heat problem like many cell phones have when charging when it is hot and the screen is on?

The second question being about USB Music. I have a 128GB drive that has a read speed of 150MB/s. It is a microSD plugged into a USBA adapter loaded to the top with MP3 and FLAC Files.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This combination works good but took some time to load at first (something like 4-5 short/medium car trips) but I'm looking to expand to a larger drive. Is there a max drive size? I read that a 400MB/s drive would load much quicker.

Do any of you think that the Infotainment problem that I am experiencing might be caused by the USB drive even though the USB music can be reset while the system is misbehaving even though it continues to misbehave until the car is restarted? Or do I just need to figure out how to put a bigger heat sink on the screen?
This is a known issue, with the day/night switching of the screen, and lack of drive modes. Contact your dealer. There was a TSB (technical service bulletin) that address these issues. I don't remember any others mentioning USB music being involved....
Old 06-08-2021, 03:47 PM
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
The system expects you to use the FAT32 disk format; any volume or file size limitations relate to that.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:51 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dblwishbone
The system expects you to use the FAT32 disk format; any volume or file size limitations relate to that.
Yep I have a FAT32 formatted drive.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:52 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
This is a known issue, with the day/night switching of the screen, and lack of drive modes. Contact your dealer. There was a TSB (technical service bulletin) that address these issues. I don't remember any others mentioning USB music being involved....
Ok thank you.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:17 PM
Expanse me

Received 299 Likes on 226 Posts
Originally Posted by MICHELIDE
Hi All,

There is a TSB that the dealer can take care of. They replace the gauge cluster, the whole thing in front of you. The s/w in that cannot be updated, must be replaced , and there was a bad load of s/w in allot of them. I had mine done last year and it fixed it.
the USB is not related. Just make sure you have robust, short extension usb line. I use a 256g thumb drive and it loads fine for three or four car restarts, then reloads the whole thing again. Don’t know of any reason why. Always trying to find a way maybe to start the car a certain way and alleviate that issue. But, alas, that is the ‘first year’ syndrome we are caught in. Love the car and won’t sell it for now. 5.1 is awesome on it, shawd is awesome, engine great, and the tech on it, …and you will be paying much more for same anywhere else.