How to remove Wind Deflector?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020 | 05:29 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Question How to remove Wind Deflector?

So I finally tracked down the rattle from the god-fosaken panoramic sunroof. It's actually not the sunroof itself, but the plastic wind deflector. Honda's awful NVH engineering allows it to vibrate and rattle about, even with the guides from the sunroof holding it down. There's too much slack and it allows it to bounce around and cause a rattle. After whack-a-moling the area, I finally honed in on it and found the culprit. While driving around, I even shoved my fingers past the gasket and was able to feel it bouncing around. I was also able to hold it down with my fingers and the rattling completely vanished. So, culprit found. I bought a couple sheets of foam paper from a craft sore and put them on the metal guides of the sunroof thinking it was the plastic on metal contact point making the noise. No dice. I suppose I could put enough sheets on until it presses the deflector down further and doesn't give it room to move, but that may mess with the seal of the sunroof leading to issues down the road.

Since I never use the damn thing, I have no quarrels with taking the wind deflector off completely. Looking at it, it's not integral to the sealing of the sunroof itself. The joints are held in place by plastic and I don't really see how it comes off. I believe there's at least one Acura tech on here. Is there a way to take this off without simply going ape and ripping it off? I figured it couldn't hurt to ask before irreparably breaking stuff.
Old 06-25-2020 | 06:34 PM

Disregard, got it. It's actually not hard after looking at it again. Just need a couple of flathead screwdrivers (one small, one medium) and 10mins.
Old 06-25-2020 | 07:56 PM

Actually, scratch even that ... no tools required and even less time. Just push the plastic windguard down to release tension and push the metal wire down to unseat it out of each respective clip (this is what holds the cloth piece in place). Once they're all out, you can rotate the whole assembly up and that allows it to slide out of the two plastic clips that hold the rear part of the windguard down. Crazy easy. Wish you could edit posts