How much discount to shoot for on a 2023 Tech/A-Spec?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 09:39 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much discount to shoot for on a 2023 Tech/A-Spec?

I see members on the board have recently negotiated between $2500 - $5000 off MSRP on A-Spec Advance models, was wondering how much I could expect to get off on a Technology/A-Spec model

Technology Package $47,200 MSRP
A-Spec Package $50,200 MSRP

I am looking for a Liquid Carbon Metallic Technology Package or potentially A-Spec package. Inventory for this color/package in a 50 mile radius from my zip code is showing as 70+ on Acura's website. With so many available cars, I am hoping for a solid discount off MSRP. Called my local dealer this morning and was told they are running a 72 hour sale but must come in person and meet with a manager. Based on dealer's aggressiveness and high inventory, would $5000 off MSRP be realistic or would such a large discount only be possible on the higher trim Advance model?

Old 06-28-2023, 07:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 323 Likes on 236 Posts
End of the month you'll get the best deals. Ever area and dealer is different. I still see some dealer with "market adjustments", which I would never pay in a recession economy and high interest rates. Those dumb FOMO pano days are well behind us. With 15k-20k repos a day - not a lot of people looking for a new vehicle - so don't believe the MSM. If its in the parking lot - that a huge advantage. You are going to have to haggle and do the dance to get the best deal. It's just part of the dealer process, best attitude to have is you don't need it and the "walk away" is powerful. When I bought mine, I got best ballpark prices from several dealers and then went in to hammer a deal. I enjoy the haggling process - as the odd are on your side - as you have the $$$ and there are dealers who have to move inventory.
The following users liked this post:
leomio2.0 (06-28-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 09:51 AM
1st Gear

New to the forum here, as I just made a deal on an allocation earlier this week on a 23 RDX A-Spec Advanced in Liquid Carbon on Black that will be built sometime in July. I asked for $2K off MSRP and they didn't even blink. Frankly, I probably left money on the table and I should have asked for another $500-$750. But I'm good with it at this point.
Old 07-06-2023, 09:53 PM
Intermediate

Got notified today our dealer was able to order trade for a '23 RDX that should get built next week..
Figured to just get all the crap I want up front at purchase including the 8 year/120K/$0 AcuraCare and the roof box.
Not an insane discount, but I'm good with what I'm paying, they originally quoted $67K..
  • 2023 RDX A-Spec Advance
  • Apex Blue Pearl
  • Ebony Interior
  • All-Season Floor Mats
  • Cargo Tray
  • Splash Guard Set
  • Cargo Proctor
  • Rear Seat Covers
  • Wheel Locks
  • Running Boards
  • Welcome Light
  • Roof Rails
  • Crossbars
  • Midsize Roof Box

Old 07-07-2023, 08:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 323 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by khaoohs
Got notified today our dealer was able to order trade for a '23 RDX that should get built next week..
Figured to just get all the crap I want up front at purchase including the 8 year/120K/$0 AcuraCare and the roof box.
Not an insane discount, but I'm good with what I'm paying, they originally quoted $67K..
  • Apex Blue Pearl
  • Ebony Interior
  • All-Season Floor Mats
  • Cargo Tray
  • Splash Guard Set
  • Cargo Proctor
  • Rear Seat Covers
  • Wheel Locks
  • Running Boards
  • Welcome Light
  • Roof Rails
  • Crossbars
  • Midsize Roof Box

That's a big number for a RDX. $5,508.94 for that dealer equipment?

Service contract for $2,187 (what does that cover)? Your warranty is 4 year 50K miles. Oil + filter changes are about $100 every 8-9K miles. Filters (Engine air filter and air cabin filters - less than $40 on Amazon - simple to install). 1st rear differential fluid change is at 15K ($100), tires rotated every 6k (free at discount tire) and brake fluid flush at 15K ($140). I've had mine for 20 months/ 20k miles and only spent $500 on maintenance.

You can get a new Tesla Model Y Performance for a lot less than that as a comparison. Performance is just breath taking. Plus if you qualify for the tax rebate credit ($7500) and have any state EV incentives toadd - that big money savings in my book. Minimal for service maintenance too - as you only have to change air cabin filters and maybe flush the brake fluid (besides consumables al vehicles have - tires and brake pads).

Don't get me wrong, I like my Acura RDX Aspec SHawd, but for that $$$$ in today market with rising petrol prices - there are other options too.

Last edited by Texasrdx21; 07-07-2023 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-07-2023, 11:41 PM
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by khaoohs
  • Apex Blue Pearl
  • Ebony Interior
  • All-Season Floor Mats
  • Cargo Tray
  • Splash Guard Set
  • Cargo Proctor
  • Rear Seat Covers
  • Wheel Locks
  • Running Boards
  • Welcome Light
  • Roof Rails
  • Crossbars
  • Midsize Roof Box

Ouch, they got you bad. But hey, if you have the money to burn it just helps the regular folks get better deals. Just got my '23 A- Spec Advance for $47k in the exact color combo I wanted. Never had to step foot in a dealer until it was time to sign and pick up the car. Shopped around by phone. Its really easy these days.

Originally Posted by Texasrdx21
That's a big number for a RDX. $5,508.94 for that dealer equipment?

Service contract for $2,187 (what does that cover)? Your warranty is 4 year 50K miles. Oil + filter changes are about $100 every 8-9K miles. Filters (Engine air filter and air cabin filters - less than $40 on Amazon - simple to install). 1st rear differential fluid change is at 15K ($100), tires rotated every 6k (free at discount tire) and brake fluid flush at 15K ($140). I've had mine for 20 months/ 20k miles and only spent $500 on maintenance.

You can get a new Tesla Model Y Performance for a lot less than that as a comparison. Performance is just breath taking. Plus if you qualify for the tax rebate credit ($7500) and have any state EV incentives toadd - that big money savings in my book. Minimal for service maintenance too - as you only have to change air cabin filters and maybe flush the brake fluid (besides consumables al vehicles have - tires and brake pads).

Don't get me wrong, I like my Acura RDX Aspec SHawd, but for that $$$$ in today market with rising petrol prices - there are other options too.
The 2023's get free maintenance for the first 2 years now. I'm assuming the "service contract" is an extended warranty. At least I hope so. Some dealers really take advantage.

Last edited by D-RDX; 07-07-2023 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2023, 06:13 AM
Intermediate

Sounds like I should have asked the group here before committing. I'm good with the price either way.
It's the 8yr/120K/$0 deductible extended Acura warranty.