Contact Updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 01:01 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Contact Updates

I have a Galaxy S8, imported my contacts and have the PHONE setting on the RDX to auto update contacts. I recently updated an address in the contacts on my phone and that is NOT being reflected on the RDX contact. NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT ANDROID AUTO, IT IS THE NATIVE PHONE APP..

I do not see a way to make this happen (other than deleting the phone and re-adding it maybe).

Any ideas from the group ?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-07-2020, 05:04 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
First, is through Bluetooth, or cable connection....
Well I can tell you that I just last week replaced my S8. I was having Android Auto connection issues...I determined that the reason was a worn USB C port on the phone, not allowing full data transmission. The port on the new phone feels MUCH tighter when I plug in a cable. AND no more AA connection issues.

Just a thought.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:19 PM
Instructor

Nope

Everything in Android auto works fine and this is outside of Android auto it's strictly the Bluetooth connection to the native phone app
Old 12-07-2020, 08:18 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by jperdoch
Everything in Android auto works fine and this is outside of Android auto it's strictly the Bluetooth connection to the native phone app
Gotcha! Then I don't have any other ideas. Sorry
Old 12-07-2020, 08:47 PM
'20 RDX Elite

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by jperdoch
I have a Galaxy S8, imported my contacts and have the PHONE setting on the RDX to auto update contacts. I recently updated an address in the contacts on my phone and that is NOT being reflected on the RDX contact. NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT ANDROID AUTO, IT IS THE NATIVE PHONE APP..

I do not see a way to make this happen (other than deleting the phone and re-adding it maybe).

Any ideas from the group ?

Thanks in advance
You could try to disable 'contact sharing' by clicking on the 'HandsFreeLink' bluetooth device on the phone, then connect the phone to the RDX and enable the option again.
Ideally the RDX should sync the contacts every time your phone gets connected, but that might not work on all the phones.
I had a similar issue, I ended up deleting and pairing again.
Delete the 'HandsFreeLink' from the phone and the phone from the RDX, then repair them, that should do it.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 396 Likes on 277 Posts
Try changing the name of the contact to force syncing.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:02 AM
Instructor

K

Originally Posted by itsardx
You could try to disable 'contact sharing' by clicking on the 'HandsFreeLink' bluetooth device on the phone, then connect the phone to the RDX and enable the option again.
Ideally the RDX should sync the contacts every time your phone gets connected, but that might not work on all the phones.
Delete the 'HandsFreeLink' from the phone and the phone from the RDX, then repair them, that should do it.
Thanks I'll give it a try
Old 12-11-2020, 09:04 AM
Instructor

K

Originally Posted by itsardx
Thanks I'll give it a try