Consumer Reports Blasts RDX Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 11:31 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada
Wasn’t referring to you actually. Also, I am with you that the quality of Acura has gone south. You know, at least those Tesla fan boys admit that the build quality is to be desired but they still love the car. Further more the issue with RDX is actually worse than that of model Y or 3, which most of them suffer panel gaps and fitting issues. (Except for that one flying glass roof...)

Here? Hard press to get anyone to admit that Acura != Honda and it’s quality are not the same anymore. It’s like we are still in denial stage and Tesla forums has move to acceptance.... 😂
I personally don't have any previously owned Acuras to compare with. I am happy with my 19 RDX, Perhaps my expectations are not the same as some.

Since I bought a first year of a re-design, I knew I might have some issues, The biggest disappointment, IF I had to find one, is the infotainment system, I am used to the True Touchpad, (after a day or two) but would probably prefer a touch screen next time. A couple of TSBs resolved a few minor or rare (to me) issues. Initial brake pedal feel was softer than I prefer, but I knew this when I bought, it was (happily) addressed by a TSB, then improved again by a second TSB. "Drive Mode Unavailable" happened once, I believe, addressed by TSB.

I have no reason to read a Tesla forum...so I have no idea what they are saying, nor do I care. When it comes time to replace my RDX I will again compare all the options within my price range that fit my requirements/wants/needs, and make a decision. It may or nay not be an Acura. Hard to tell until I see what is available at the time. I don't blindly buy anything.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
I owned 2001 CLS, 2008 RDX, and now 2020 RDX for a year. I did not notice big change in quality.
With 2001 CLS, I had number of small annoyances taken care of by the dealer. The big one was when transmission was acting up outside the extended warranty after 7 years and 80K miles. I negotiated with them to pay only 3K (50%) for a transmission replacement.
I never thought that Acura was #1 in quality, in my mind Lexus was always better built and required less dealer visits. But as I said before, Lexus SUV/cross-over is not something that interests me.

Old 10-25-2020, 03:22 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 97 Posts
Wasn’t referring to you actually. Also, I am with you that the quality of Acura has gone south. You know, at least those Tesla fan boys admit that the build quality is to be desired but they still love the car. Further more the issue with RDX is actually worse than that of model Y or 3, which most of them suffer panel gaps and fitting issues. (Except for that one flying glass roof...)

Here? Hard press to get anyone to admit that Acura != Honda and it’s quality are not the same anymore. It’s like we are still in denial stage and Tesla forums has move to acceptance.... 😂
If you're going to ask owners to acknowledge Acura's quality shortages, then you should acknowledge that Honda is no better these days.

Honda quality has dropped hand-in-hand with Acura. In fact, their CEO in 2019 internally addressed the QC crisis. To see for yourself, go read the Passport or CRV forums, where they have a lot of lengthy threads on issues similar--and some worse--than the RDX. Infotainment problems, electrical gremlins, noisy transmission, interior rattles and popping sounds, warped rotors, short battery life, and of course the CRV's infamous oil dilution and weak cabin heat.

The truth is that aside from Lexus and Mazda, the Japanese brands are living off an outdated reputation.

Last edited by jmhumr; 10-25-2020 at 03:24 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by jmhumr:
acuraada (10-27-2020), Gear Head (10-29-2020), justnspace (10-27-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 09:13 PM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I have a 2020 RDX Advanced AWD. Bought it last June and now have 6k miles on it. It has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. The only issue is that it won't download the latest update. For the price (paid 47k otd...I know paid too much from what I'm reading..AZ has 9% sales tax) so it is 1000s less then a RX. It has the best combo of transmission and engine I've every driven. The biggest thrill is taking on an on-ramp and running it through the closed matched gears. Feels like a race car. Handling for the price is unmatched for such a big CUV. I've never heard of some many complaints about squeaks and rattles or anything else in my life. Worn rotors...brakes pads wearing? Give me a break. I'm gong to run it to 90 or 100k and sell it and buy another. I previously owned a gen 2. I hope other owners are happy with theirs as I am.
The following 5 users liked this post by comanche250:
amcobra (11-05-2020), birdonamission (10-29-2020), Ludepower (10-28-2020), NBPDC505 (11-06-2020), russianDude (10-28-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 05:47 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I had several issues with the 2019 RDX. Got rid of it after 2 years. Went with a GMC sierra truck. Amazing. Brakes don't squeak.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally Posted by Mikeg040
I had several issues with the 2019 RDX. Got rid of it after 2 years. Went with a GMC sierra truck. Amazing. Brakes don't squeak.
what are you still doing here, trying to justify your decision?
The following 5 users liked this post by russianDude:
amcobra (11-05-2020), Hidrosmen (10-31-2020), JacPac (11-10-2020), NBPDC505 (11-06-2020), preetjaswal6 (11-06-2020)
Old 11-04-2020, 05:33 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm of the opinion that Consumer Reports got this rating right, and may have been a bit generous. Even our MINI Countryman, which was not an easy car to own, had less problems than this Honda product. MINI deservedly received a better rating than Honda.

In the past month:

Tailgate went out of alignment again.

Speakers started to make popping sound, Infotainment froze,and then after restarting it wouldn't connect to any sources but powered up. It subsequently went completely dead and needed replacement.

Transmission has become very reluctant/slow to change from P to R and R to D after start up. Dealer said the new 10 speed is starting to show up with various problems, and to "let them know if it gets worse". When I was broadside in a road waiting for it to accept "D", I'll remember to make note of that.

MPG has still not topped 22 on highway only. Around town, now that temps are down is back down to 18.

Last edited by Gear Head; 11-04-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:13 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
I am sorry to hear of anyone having lots of problems with any car. But then, that is what Lemon Laws were made to protect us from.
We just got back from one of our 1,000+ mile runs in our '19 RDX as we ran up to the Outer Banks for a week. It was a great trip and several times during the drive I found myself telling the wife just how much I love my Advance and all its features. She enjoys it also so we are happy owners.
The fact our '19 works well and gives us great service doesn't mean someone else might have had issues. But, overall I can honestly say that I looked at a lot of cars in this "class" and found the RDX to be, for me, the best choice. After eighteen months of ownership and several long cross country trips through the mountains, deserts and winter storms I am still convinced that I made the right choice with this car. I would not hesitate to buy another.
I am sorry to read some had "many problems" and I know its no consolation to them from those who had great service from their RDX's. As for Consumer Reports feelings about the car: Its a free country and they can print whatever they want. But, you can think for yourself and make your own decisions.After decades in the auto industry reading countless publications I find CR to not be my best source of information on vehicles. YMMV however....
The following 3 users liked this post by hans471:
amcobra (11-05-2020), JB in AZ (11-05-2020), NBPDC505 (11-06-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 10:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by hans471
I am sorry to hear of anyone having lots of problems with any car. But then, that is what Lemon Laws were made to protect us from.
We just got back from one of our 1,000+ mile runs in our '19 RDX as we ran up to the Outer Banks for a week. It was a great trip and several times during the drive I found myself telling the wife just how much I love my Advance and all its features. She enjoys it also so we are happy owners.
The fact our '19 works well and gives us great service doesn't mean someone else might have had issues. But, overall I can honestly say that I looked at a lot of cars in this "class" and found the RDX to be, for me, the best choice. After eighteen months of ownership and several long cross country trips through the mountains, deserts and winter storms I am still convinced that I made the right choice with this car. I would not hesitate to buy another.
I am sorry to read some had "many problems" and I know its no consolation to them from those who had great service from their RDX's. As for Consumer Reports feelings about the car: Its a free country and they can print whatever they want. But, you can think for yourself and make your own decisions.After decades in the auto industry reading countless publications I find CR to not be my best source of information on vehicles. YMMV however....
Unfortunately, that's not how most lemon law works. In NY for example, the duty to repair is 4 times for the same problem and car is out of service cumulative of 30 days or more. However, the fine print is that the manufacturer is not required to provide a refund or replacement is the problem does not significantly reduce the value of the vehicle. Things like tailgate alignment or stereo popping sound is consider to to be "significantly reduce the value" This is totally up to interpretation. There are law practices especially for this so it's not as simple as you made it out to be.

If CR is not a good source when it comes to reliability report, what do you think is for rest of us who doesn't have automobile industry experience or connections?

Old 11-05-2020, 03:53 PM
Banned

Received 225 Likes on 161 Posts
If CR is not a good source when it comes to reliability report, what do you think is for rest of us who doesn't have automobile industry experience or connections?
I'd rely more on an automotive website or YouTube channel. Consumer Reports is a great company, but it still has to be viewed in its proper context. They're just general people dealing with a wide variety of things. They test everything from vacuum cleaners to televisions. Do you really think that they're going to be the best source for car reviews? There's no definitive place for automotive reviews, just find someone you like. "Reliability" is a very vague and silly topic and it's completely subjective, so it should almost entirely be ignored.

Last edited by DriverOne; 11-05-2020 at 04:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
amcobra (11-05-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 06:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by DriverOne
I'd rely more on an automotive website or YouTube channel. Consumer Reports is a great company, but it still has to be viewed in its proper context. They're just general people dealing with a wide variety of things. They test everything from vacuum cleaners to televisions. Do you really think that they're going to be the best source for car reviews? There's no definitive place for automotive reviews, just find someone you like. "Reliability" is a very vague and silly topic and it's completely subjective, so it should almost entirely be ignored.
Those where my sources, and I've learned my lesson, so I 'd rely on real owner experience as these forums provide which in my case includes dealership service manager and general manager feedback. When comparing that to consumer reports, there's alignment.

This car has been the shop 10 times in 6 months and still has issues. It hasn't yet hit the lemon law criteria but is on its way.

I understand others may have differing experiences or feel the need to defend their purchase. But to take an agressive position against someone sharing their experience or telling someone to go trade it in when it isn't your financial loss and massive, is ignorant.

Just Google class action lawsuits for Honda, that'll keep you occupied for a few days.

Caveat Emptor.

Last edited by Gear Head; 11-05-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:44 PM
Banned

A Canadian guy just class action sued Canada Dry because he claimed their ginger was processed and he wasn't getting the health benefits. So you can tell what I think of class action lawsuits and people who file them. They're retards.
NBPDC505 (11-06-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
A Canadian guy just class action sued Canada Dry because he claimed their ginger was processed and he wasn't getting the health benefits. So you can tell what I think of class action lawsuits and people who file them. They're retards.
then again, he did walk away with $200,000 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-dry-1.5782817
Old 11-05-2020, 08:26 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by flames9
then again, he did walk away with $200,000 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-dry-1.5782817
Not exactly. Canada Dry settled for $200,000 BUT the two lead plaintiffs received $1,500 each...the remainder of the money will be paid to class members by way of a donation to the B.C. Law Foundation.
NBPDC505 (11-06-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flames9
Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Not exactly. Canada Dry settled for $200,000 BUT the two lead plaintiffs received $1,500 each...the remainder of the money will be paid to class members by way of a donation to the B.C. Law Foundation.
Companies often settle lawsuits because it costs less than fighting it, which is what these plaintiffs and their lawyers bank on. And, like JB pointed out, the lawyers are the ones who make money. The retarded plaintiffs think they're going to hit the jackpot and they get nothing. Even worse are the people who they sue "on behalf of" who never even knew there was a lawsuit. You may receive a notice, which almost all people throw away as junk mail, notifying you that you won $3 in this random class action lawsuit. The lawsuits people describe against Acura on these forums are on that level, where it's just people filing idiotic lawsuits and hoping for money.
The following 2 users liked this post by DriverOne:
JB in AZ (11-05-2020), Ludepower (11-06-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 09:07 PM
Burning Brakes

The lawyers always wins
Old 11-05-2020, 11:00 PM
Advanced

The point isn't to discuss the validity of class action lawsuits, as some may be a stretch, but calling anyone a retard is inappropriate; there are better ways to get your point across.

However, the oil/gas problem with Honda 2.0 engines is a widespread problem. As are others where thousands of consumers didn't receive what they paid for, and if a manufacturer won't step up, legal action is appropriate.

My first Honda was a 76 Accord. I've had a lot of Honda's. My last one was 2012 TSX was stellar.

This car is from a different company. The quality problems are an abomination.

In my view CR is spot on.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:08 AM
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 67 Posts
This is my 5th Acura, and I love it the most out of all of then so far. Zero issues with my 2020 A-spec. Never a rattle, brake squeek, or radio issue.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:27 AM
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Gear Head

However, the oil/gas problem with Honda 2.0 engines is a widespread problem. As are others where thousands of consumers didn't receive what they paid for, and if a manufacturer won't step up, legal action is appropriate.
https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...approved.shtml

Let me help you with your class action lawsuits. Its the 1.5t engine thats getting complaints about the oil dilution. Nothing to so with the 2.0t found in the RDX and Accord.

Looks like you won't be receiving that $50 coupon.

Yes you're spot on.

Last edited by Ludepower; 11-06-2020 at 07:38 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ludepower:
Madd Dog (11-07-2020), NBPDC505 (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 09:25 AM
Burning Brakes

😂. Oh really? You sound like Ford/GM or even a Tesla fanboy
Old 11-06-2020, 09:54 AM
Drifting

The point isn't to discuss the validity of class action lawsuits, as some may be a stretch, but calling anyone a retard is inappropriate; there are better ways to get your point across.

My first Honda was a 76 Accord. I've had a lot of Honda's. My last one was 2012 TSX was stellar.

This car is from a different company. The quality problems are an abomination.

Three points:
1. I agree calling anyone a retard in not appropriate.
2.. EVEN the oil/gas issue with the 1.5 engine is now a thing of the past. The 2.0, only a few fear mongers have mentioned it.
3. You stated that your last Honda/Acura was a 2012, and you are discussing quality problems with a current vehicle that you apparently don't own?
NBPDC505 (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 10:26 AM
Advanced

So, I've had nine Honda/Acura cars - across much of the line as we grew into larger vehicles and then downsized.

The dealer service department has told me to watch my oil level on the 2.0 in the RDX for oil dilution. I thought it was only the 1.5 also. horses mouth?

My last was a 2012 TSX. It was a good car. Trouble-free but sloppy suspension and brakes. I OWN the 2020 RDX. I didn't lease it. That's is the problem. If I'd leased, I'd really just be counting the days until turn-in. But i'm stuck with this turd until I decide to sell it.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:22 AM
Drifting

So, I've had nine Honda/Acura cars - across much of the line as we grew into larger vehicles and then downsized.

The dealer service department has told me to watch my oil level on the 2.0 in the RDX for oil dilution. I thought it was only the 1.5 also. horses mouth?

My last was a 2012 TSX. It was a good car. Trouble-free but sloppy suspension and brakes. I OWN the 2020 RDX. I didn't lease it. That's is the problem. If I'd leased, I'd really just be counting the days until turn-in. But i'm stuck with this turd until I decide to sell it.
Sorry, I misunderstood your comment: "My last one was 2012 TSX..."
This is the first time I have read about an Acura dealership employee saying this...of course doesn't necessarily make it a reality...they just said watch it : "The dealer service department has told me to watch my oil level on the 2.0 in the RDX for oil dilution."

I have 24,000+ miles on my 2019, and no evidence of it. (shrug)
Old 11-06-2020, 11:31 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Sorry, I misunderstood your comment: "My last one was 2012 TSX..."
This is the first time I have read about an Acura dealership employee saying this...of course doesn't necessarily make it a reality...they just said watch it : "The dealer service department has told me to watch my oil level on the 2.0 in the RDX for oil dilution."

I have 24,000+ miles on my 2019, and no evidence of it. (shrug)
I've had a lot of first-time experiences with this vehicle in the service department at Acura. With each problem, only when I asked if they've seen it elsewhere, have they pointed to two or more cars in the work area.
Old 11-06-2020, 03:04 PM
Banned

I've had a lot of first-time experiences with this vehicle in the service department at Acura. With each problem, only when I asked if they've seen it elsewhere, have they pointed to two or more cars in the work area.
Wow, get out of here! Two other cars had a problem in the service department?!?! THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!! For example, every time I go to the service department of dealerships, all the other cars there have no problems at all!!!

You've convinced us all with you irrelevant anecdotes, you silver-tongued minstrel!
Old 11-06-2020, 06:00 PM
Advanced

Wow, get out of here! Two other cars had a problem in the service department?!?! THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!! For example, every time I go to the service department of dealerships, all the other cars there have no problems at all!!!

You've convinced us all with you irrelevant anecdotes, you silver-tongued minstrel!
Theres no point to your obnoxious response.

This is a discussion forum, no need for sarcasm, particularly if you don't have anything to contribute.

The following 2 users liked this post by Gear Head:
flames9 (11-06-2020), hand-filer (11-06-2020)
Old 11-07-2020, 07:47 AM
Banned

Theres no point to your obnoxious response.

This is a discussion forum, no need for sarcasm, particularly if you don't have anything to contribute.
Hey, no need to be mean. I'm sorry I demonstrated the gigantic flaw in your endless complaining. There, are we better now?
Old 11-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Advanced

Hey, no need to be mean. I'm sorry I demonstrated the gigantic flaw in your endless complaining. There, are we better now?
Wow, just wow.

Your obnoxious responses show who you are. Show respect for others or stay offline.

You're not clever and your pretzel logic didn't demonstrate any "gigantic flaw".

Last edited by Gear Head; 11-07-2020 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:08 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
We get it Driverone, you want to be the voice of reason or have a strong passion/hate towards Consumer reports/class action lawsuits. we totally get it.
your talking points have not been overlooked or overshadowed.
Let others have an opinion too!

- Justin
Old 11-07-2020, 10:31 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
I have no doubt that some A very small aaapeople might see OD in their cars. But, I can only draw on my own experience with our 1.5 (CR-V) and 2.0 (RDX) and our DI Fit as well as the others in my close family who also own 1.5 DI CR-V's. None, zero, of us have ever seen any change in oil level. Some would make it out to be that this condition occurs in ALL vehicles yet in our small random sample of seven Honda DI vehicles we have never, none of us, seen a problem with OD. We all drive differently. We all live in the Mid-West and see temps from the upper 90's down to single digits. Never a problem with this in any of our vehicles. I keep checking the oil in this car and have run it over 5,000 (following the M. M. recommendation between oil changes. None of us have seen it, Never seen gasoline in the oil.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by hans471
I have no doubt that some A very small aaapeople might see OD in their cars. But, I can only draw on my own experience with our 1.5 (CR-V) and 2.0 (RDX) and our DI Fit as well as the others in my close family who also own 1.5 DI CR-V's. None, zero, of us have ever seen any change in oil level. Some would make it out to be that this condition occurs in ALL vehicles yet in our small random sample of seven Honda DI vehicles we have never, none of us, seen a problem with OD. We all drive differently. We all live in the Mid-West and see temps from the upper 90's down to single digits. Never a problem with this in any of our vehicles. I keep checking the oil in this car and have run it over 5,000 (following the M. M. recommendation between oil changes. None of us have seen it, Never seen gasoline in the oil.
Glad you've not experienced it!
Old 10-09-2023, 03:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by tecwerks
No cigar unfortunately. Went on a road trip and infotainment issues persist with CarPlay as well as built in Navigation sucks. Unfortunately the more apps you have running simultaneously with Apple CarPlay such as Google Maps, Apple Music etc.......the more likely glitches will occur as happened to me.Too bad as I like the way the RDX handles the road and the power. Considering trading for either a Lexus RX or a 2020 Toyota Highlander now that Apple and Android are standard.
Trade in would be likely worth it if you go V6 since you get more power, timing chain (no timing belt service at 100k), and overall more stable infotainment. Just keep in mind the new Highlander models will no longer have V6 but rather resort to Hybrid 4Cyl if I recall correctly... So definitely an upgrade, since RDX is more RAV4 category to compare against
Old 10-09-2023, 03:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by tecwerks
No cigar unfortunately. Went on a road trip and infotainment issues persist with CarPlay as well as built in Navigation sucks. Unfortunately the more apps you have running simultaneously with Apple CarPlay such as Google Maps, Apple Music etc.......the more likely glitches will occur as happened to me.Too bad as I like the way the RDX handles the road and the power. Considering trading for either a Lexus RX or a 2020 Toyota Highlander now that Apple and Android are standard.
Trade in would be likely worth it if you go V6 since you get more power, timing chain (no timing belt service at 100k), and overall more stable infotainment. Just keep in mind the new Highlander models will no longer have V6 but rather resort to Hybrid 4Cyl if I recall correctly... So definitely an upgrade, since RDX is more RAV4 category to compare against
Old 10-15-2023, 02:34 PM
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 25 Posts
I like the highlander, but it is significantly bigger (10 inches I think). I wish they hadn't grown the highlander so much when they wanted to make it different from the RAV4
Old 10-15-2023, 06:26 PM
Drifting

Received 242 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by rlx015
Have you actually sat in or driven a Rav4 ? Not the same class as the RDX in drive or interior. CRV may be a better comparison.
As far as reliability, I have had 7 Acuras and 3 Hondas in my family...the only one that ever gave me any serious problems was my 2001 CL Type S (transmission).
The rest have all been routine maintenance. I don't expect anything different from my RDX.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:04 PM
Advanced

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverJ
Have you actually sat in or driven a Rav4 ? Not the same class as the RDX in drive or interior. CRV may be a better comparison.
As far as reliability, I have had 7 Acuras and 3 Hondas in my family...the only one that ever gave me any serious problems was my 2001 CL Type S (transmission).
The rest have all been routine maintenance. I don't expect anything different from my RDX.
I still have my '01 CL-S. It's such a fun underrated car. Such a shame that the transmission is made of glass because the J32A2 is a gem of an engine. I'm doing the AV6 swap early next year, as my 3rd transmission just blew @ 157k.

My RDX is great and obviously a better overall car, but I miss the VTEC high rpm high speed shenanigans of my CL-S.
Old 10-16-2023, 08:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 349 Likes on 257 Posts
My 21 RDX Aspec SHawd (built in 10/2020) is 3 years old, 21k miles - lots of road trips, weather from 110 degrees to -10 degrees and tons of snow - never one issue with mine. One of the most reliable vehicles I have owned. Hard, durable paint, tough/strong body panels and high quality materials used inside the cabin. May not have all the "digital" dash and gismos - but less to break in the years to come.

Just doing the dealer routine maintenance (oil, filter and diff oil) and DIY engine/cabin air filters every 8-10 months (as they are easy to change and less that $35 on amazon). Wiper blade OEM inserts from the dealer are far better than replacing the entire blade too. Switched to rear LED blinkers bulbs for brighter visibility - makes a big difference.

The more I read the stuff on the inter webs about anything, the more I believe the information is slanted to one side - and not unbiased.

Last edited by Texasrdx21; 10-16-2023 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-16-2023, 08:48 AM
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 25 Posts
I Agree the RAV4 is very utilitarian and not for me interior wise, but great reliability and mpg on hybrid. I probably woild have purchased the CRV instead of my RDX if they had 360 camera and better seats. Everything involves trade offs 😊
Old 10-16-2023, 09:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 349 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by MJ4RDX
I Agree the RAV4 is very utilitarian and not for me interior wise, but great reliability and mpg on hybrid. I probably woild have purchased the CRV instead of my RDX if they had 360 camera and better seats. Everything involves trade offs 😊
Trade-off, that sums it up. The RDX is a great blend, may not get the best MPG - but on other metrics hold its value and low cost of ownership over time. Price point for what you get IMO is very good.

Bet most EV owners who bought in the last 6-18 months - wished they look at more that "petrol savings", as those vehicles have dropped in value north of 50% in one year. Now there is an oversupply of them, and dealers/mfg's are cutting deals to move them off the lot. No different than the super expensive petrol/diesel Trucks and SUV's starting in the high $60k's - $90k.
Old 10-16-2023, 01:45 PM
Drifting

Received 242 Likes on 165 Posts
Wow, have they really dropped 50% ?
Even Hybrids ?

Quick Reply: Consumer Reports Blasts RDX Reliability