Can't update 2021 RDX to software version D.1.5.1

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 01:55 PM
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Can't update 2021 RDX to software version D.1.5.1

Hi - I've been trying to update my 2021 RDX from version 1.4.3 to 1.5.1, but it doesn't detect the newest version and instead says the car is up to date and no updates are available. When I look in the system section it says the car is at 1.4.3.

I've tried updating the software using the over the air method with wifi and the USB method. I tried calling Acura support and they suggested a factory reset but that didn't change anything. Is the 1.5.1 update still available? Interestingly the support person I spoke with said she had no way of telling what the latest software version was and didn't seem to understand the process at all. Any other ideas on how to get this update?
Old 07-11-2021, 02:28 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Have the service department do the update next time you bring it in. They do it from a laptop, not OTA.

Unless they can't do it either. I was unable to do updates from the moment I got the car. Missed at least 2 updates until I brought it in. They couldn't do it either. They had the car for a week and flew an engineer out from California. They replaced the head unit and he had to do a complete ordered reload of all the software in the car. Like a factory install but he had to retain all the historical data like mileage and such. Since then, updates have gone flawlessly.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:01 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
It is just amazing how much Acura got wrong with this infotainment system. I don't know how the 22's are going to hold up, but the '19's are pretty bad in many cases. Thankfully there are places like Acurazine to guide people to a solution with the help and advice of so many people that post here. I mean...if you bought a G3 RDX and didn't read A-Z, you wouldn't even know there was a map update (4 so far?) if not from folks here. Acura has certainly never notified anyone. I asked our SIL how his new Ford Ranger updates maps, and he said he gets a notification on screen, and the update is done OTA....not a memory stick. It just seems like the vaunted Japanese have stumbled....being outpaced in important ways by American, European, and now Korean builders. Still a good driving car---just has issues.
The following users liked this post:
JB in AZ (12-16-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 05:57 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
It is just amazing how much Acura got wrong with this infotainment system. I don't know how the 22's are going to hold up, but the '19's are pretty bad in many cases. Thankfully there are places like Acurazine to guide people to a solution with the help and advice of so many people that post here. I mean...if you bought a G3 RDX and didn't read A-Z, you wouldn't even know there was a map update (4 so far?) if not from folks here. Acura has certainly never notified anyone. I asked our SIL how his new Ford Ranger updates maps, and he said he gets a notification on screen, and the update is done OTA....not a memory stick. It just seems like the vaunted Japanese have stumbled....being outpaced in important ways by American, European, and now Korean builders. Still a good driving car---just has issues.
You’re so right. Acura’s quality keeps going downhill. The dealership don’t have the proper training to apply software patches. Nowadays the car industry is more oriented in software and computers than metal parts. I have a 2021 RDX top of the line with 5000 miles and the end on my 48 months lease can’t come fast soon enough.

I wish I read all the issues on this forum prior signing my lease. I would’ve never got into it. This RDX gen is nothing but problems and rattles coming from everywhere. My software version is stuck at 1.5.1 and the dealership doesn’t even have a clue on how to fix this. Meanwhile I’m the one who has all the problems…sluggish system, CarPlay working on and off, random system crashes while driving, bunch of hard errors logged….