Build date to dealer deliver time estimates?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018 | 07:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cgprelude
Went to dealership today and they seemed to have a decent inventory of 2019's in stock. Can someone explain why they are ordering and waiting for shipment? Also what price do you pay when you go this route, is it essentially the same as MSRP?
We wanted a MSM Advanced w/SH-AWD and Ebony seats. Didn't seem to be common around here, so we placed an order.

Billy
Old 07-27-2018 | 05:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by billyt1963
Tm55417,

I was watching my dealer's site pretty closely and "my" RDX showed up. When I talked to my salesman he said that was my car, VIN and all. On the Acura web site the car still shows "in transit" and my salesman told me he would call as soon as the car hits the lot. My build date was 7/15 and I saw the VIN on 24th.

Sorry I was outside your window, but maybe it will help.

Billy
what do you mean by watching your dealer’s site pretty closely? And what Acura website did you use to check on status? Thanks.
Old 07-27-2018 | 07:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by romer

what do you mean by watching your dealer’s site pretty closely? And what Acura website did you use to check on status? Thanks.
Romer,

When I go to www.garyforceacura.com and click on new, it shows what cars they have available. It evens breaks it down by 2018/2019.

if you go to Acura.com and “build” your car you can actually just skip to near the bottom of the page and click inventory. If you have location turned on, it picks the closest dealer. You can click on change the dealer and input your dealer name. Then you can see the inventory from Acura’s standpoint. This view actually says “in transit”.

Kind of fun to watch, but also maddening 🤪.

Billy
Old 07-27-2018 | 12:35 PM
Advanced

Smile

Romer,

When I go to www.garyforceacura.com and click on new, it shows what cars they have available. It evens breaks it down by 2018/2019.

if you go to Acura.com and “build” your car you can actually just skip to near the bottom of the page and click inventory. If you have location turned on, it picks the closest dealer. You can click on change the dealer and input your dealer name. Then you can see the inventory from Acura’s standpoint. This view actually says “in transit”.

Kind of fun to watch, but also maddening 🤪.

Billy
wow I did not know you can do that. I actually see my car in transit.
Old 07-27-2018 | 02:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tm55417
Finally got some information from my dealer. My build date got pushed out 7/23 -7/27. Hopefully, we will see some movement tomorrow...
Same thing happened to me. Dealer originally said a build schedule of 7/15-19 but I got an e-mail from him yesterday saying it was now scheduled for today.
Old 07-27-2018 | 03:11 PM
Pro

I sympathize with all of you who are waiting.
I've been waiting 4 weeks to get mine back from the body shop and it's making me anxious.
Acura corporate has actually stepped in to help get my car back as soon as possible.

Hang in there....
The following users liked this post:
billyt1963 (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018 | 03:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by catbert430
I sympathize with all of you who are waiting.
I've been waiting 4 weeks to get mine back from the body shop and it's making me anxious.
Acura corporate has actually stepped in to help get my car back as soon as possible.

Hang in there....
i am almost glad I have never had the car in the first place. To have had it and then it go away awhile would be painful!

i am sure your’s be will be good as new when it comes home.

Billy
Old 07-27-2018 | 04:19 PM
Racer

I bought a 2019 RDX SH-AWD with Advance trim on June 7 off the lot. Once I test drove one and thought about it overnight, putting my configuration features together, I went in the next day with my trim and drive train choice plus a priority list of 5 exterior/interior color combinations and they had 3 out of the 5 on my list in stock including my #1 with my trim and drive train choice. So I bought it and took it home. I guess that is not a typical lead time from decision to taking it home (1 day), but my dealer is only a 45 minute drive or so from East Liberty, OH where it was assembled. For those waiting for their vehicle, hang in there, in my opinion it is well worth the wait.
Old 07-27-2018 | 07:12 PM
Pro

I test drove on June 5th. Went to my regular dealer to match the deal that the first offered and bought it off the lot. It was exactly the one I was looking for and both dealers had one in stock.
My decision making process may be flawed but, it sure is quick.
Lucky to find it in stock twice on the same day.
Old 07-27-2018 | 07:23 PM
7th Gear

Hi All, been following the forum for sometime now, first time posting.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the "in transit". I put a deposit on a Gunmetal Gray w/ Ebony - Advance about three week ago when my dealership's said "in Transit". Got a VIN number with deposit. Was supposed to pickup at dealership tomorrow.
Was informed this afternoon its stuck in somewhere. The sales rep has a call in to see what going on. Hopefully hear something on Monday. Apparently there is some train traffic jam and things are moving slowly. He said were about 5-6 RDX's that were supposed to arrive at same time, none have.

Looking now on the Acura website for this dealership it says "2 on Lot" for the exact mode I'm getting. I don't think he would lie to me?
Old 07-27-2018 | 08:00 PM
Racer

For_fun206,

i am am pretty sure you are right. Mine was in KY on Tuesday and when I talked to my salesman today it was in TN. That is along time for such a short distance. Mine does still show “in transit”, so it gives me some hope that it is kind of right.

I just hope hope it gets in early next week and I can pick it up next Saturday.

Billy
Old 07-27-2018 | 08:07 PM
Racer

My car was on the dealer site while being held for me. I would guess those two are already spoken for.

Also dealers can’t control the rail system. They get ex-factory dates and the rest is up to transportation.
Old 07-28-2018 | 05:47 PM
7th Gear

For_fun206,

i am am pretty sure you are right. Mine was in KY on Tuesday and when I talked to my salesman today it was in TN. That is along time for such a short distance. Mine does still show “in transit”, so it gives me some hope that it is kind of right.

I just hope hope it gets in early next week and I can pick it up next Saturday.

Billy
Well, heard from dealership this morning, car has arrived. Apparently, they had used a different transportation company and why they couldn't track it. Picking it up tomorrow afternoon.

Best of luck to you getting yours this coming week.
Old 07-28-2018 | 05:57 PM
Instructor

The dealership (not my sales guy) has been trying to locate my car. It shows it was built. Dealership is working with someone 'inside' the Acura system who wrote this in an email: "As suspected, the vehicle has been built, but hasn’t been released from the factory yet. I’m hoping that it’ll be released before the next production date (8/29), but I can’t say for sure." She also said she was trying to get an ETA on the car but the person who was to call her back--called in sick on Friday so that didn't work. She also said it is very difficult to get an ETA from the factory. Bottom line--the car is built but no one knows where it is!! I wish Acura would lose it in my driveway. I'll keep you posted.
billyt1963 (07-28-2018)
Old 07-28-2018 | 06:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by romer
The dealership (not my sales guy) has been trying to locate my car. It shows it was built. Dealership is working with someone 'inside' the Acura system who wrote this in an email: "As suspected, the vehicle has been built, but hasn’t been released from the factory yet. I’m hoping that it’ll be released before the next production date (8/29), but I can’t say for sure." She also said she was trying to get an ETA on the car but the person who was to call her back--called in sick on Friday so that didn't work. She also said it is very difficult to get an ETA from the factory. Bottom line--the car is built but no one knows where it is!! I wish Acura would lose it in my driveway. I'll keep you posted.
That would be a nice turn of events! Hope they can find where your RDX is located and it turns out to be close to the dealership.

Billy
Old 07-30-2018 | 01:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Kind of fun to watch, but also maddening ��...

It actually shows 1 more than my dealer's web site does - unfortunately the extra one is not mine.
Old 07-30-2018 | 04:42 PM
Racer

I have an update on my RDX. I got a call today from my salesman that the car was at the dealership, so I am going tomorrow afternoon for pickup. Will let you know how things go. I have a about a 150 drive, so I should learn a few things on the way back.
Old 07-30-2018 | 05:20 PM
Racer

I would not try to learn too much on your first drive home to keep from getting distracted. Examine some of the safety features (AcuraWatch) especially if you go on the interstate. If you have the navigation system ask your salesrep to help you set up your home location and on the drive home you can say with the speak button depressed on the steering wheel "Go Home". That way you can see the navigation system at work without having to fiddle with it while driving. I would wait until you got home in the driveway before you do a deep dive into the infotainment system, Enjoy your new vehicle.
Old 07-30-2018 | 06:28 PM
Racer

I won’t play much on the way home, my wife will be on the ride and will stop from doing anything. The programming home is a thought, but I will take it out as soon as I get home, I had always heard not to have home programmed in case you lost your keys or used a valet they could get to your house easily. The trip is mostly all highway, so I will have to not push too hard.
Old 07-30-2018 | 06:31 PM
Burning Brakes

...I had always heard not to have home programmed in case you lost your keys or used a valet they could get to your house easily...
Do like I do - just set 'Home' to be somewhere close by, but not so close that it's useful to someone that doesn't know where you live.

Old 07-30-2018 | 06:43 PM
Racer

I have a police station close by (small town near Chattanooga). I thought about setting it there.
Old 07-31-2018 | 04:32 PM
Advanced

my RDX was supposed to arrive between 7/25 - 7/30. My car did show up on the Acura website as in transit last week, now it is no longer on the website. I spoke to the dealership and their system still shows it in transit, with no ETA and they cannot locate where the car is.
Old 07-31-2018 | 05:13 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MI-RDX
Do like I do - just set 'Home' to be somewhere close by, but not so close that it's useful to someone that doesn't know where you live.
LOL, I have a mental health center at a key intersection. Maybe I will use that to establish my home.
Old 07-31-2018 | 07:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by starlord
my RDX was supposed to arrive between 7/25 - 7/30. My car did show up on the Acura website as in transit last week, now it is no longer on the website. I spoke to the dealership and their system still shows it in transit, with no ETA and they cannot locate where the car is.
At least yours appears to have been built. I was originally given a build window of 7/15-19, then a definite scheduled date of 7/27. Just got an email from my dealer saying it wasn't built and he doesn't know when it will be. Not a happy camper at the moment.
Old 07-31-2018 | 07:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

LOL, I have a mental health center at a key intersection. Maybe I will use that to establish my home.
I've at times used a church, liquor store, recycling center, and a psychiatrist's office.
Old 07-31-2018 | 07:57 PM
Pro

I've been looking at area dealerships' inventories and have yet to see anyone having a Fathom Blue Pearl Advance. I sure hope there won't be some sort of supply issue when I'm ready to buy mine in late October / early November.

Now that it's August (in about 3 hours...lol), it's starting to feel like we could be seeing these build dates and ETAs continue to either be pushed back or at least seem open-ended.

This sustained high interest and demand is for real, by many accounts.
Old 07-31-2018 | 08:32 PM
Racer

Everyone,

Thanks for all the support on the site. Just wanted to let you know my RDX is in my driveway. Went to Nashville early this afternoon to pick it up. Turned out there is a GPS problem, the car still thinks it is in Ohio. The dealership tracked it down to the antenna. They ordered one and it will be there tomorrow, I will go back on Saturday for the swap.

Pictures later, it is raining cats and dogs here.

Original build date 7/15 (7/11-15), seemed to have shipped about a week ago, arrived at the dealer yesterday.

Billy
The following 2 users liked this post by billyt1963:
birdonamission (08-01-2018), GW208 (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018 | 08:40 PM
Burning Brakes

..Just wanted to let you know my RDX is in my driveway...

Old 07-31-2018 | 08:47 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by birdonamission
I've been looking at area dealerships' inventories and have yet to see anyone having a Fathom Blue Pearl Advance. I sure hope there won't be some sort of supply issue when I'm ready to buy mine in late October / early November.

Now that it's August (in about 3 hours...lol), it's starting to feel like we could be seeing these build dates and ETAs continue to either be pushed back or at least seem open-ended.

This sustained high interest and demand is for real, by many accounts.
My dealer has 3. But it is up in NY.

we are liking the Canyon Bronze.
birdonamission (08-01-2018)
Old 07-31-2018 | 09:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by birdonamission

Ordered a Fathom Blue Pearl Advance AWD a couple weeks ago and was told 8-10 weeks. You’re pretty close to needing to order
birdonamission (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018 | 05:00 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Master47

Ordered a Fathom Blue Pearl Advance AWD a couple weeks ago and was told 8-10 weeks. You’re pretty close to needing to order
Wow... according to those timelines, I might need to order mine like 2-3 MONTHS earlier than what I have in mind according to my "best-laid plans."
Old 08-01-2018 | 05:51 PM
10th Gear

Can someone please explain how the ordering process works. Do you negotiate the price, sign papers, put down a deposit, etc? I am trying to purchase Modern Steel A-Spec from the only dealership on the island and according to my salesman, I can't technically order one specifically for me. He told me that the only thing they can do is have the sales manager request the color I want and wait. He also mentioned that the factory will only make the color when they have enough orders. Any truth to what he is telling me?
Old 08-01-2018 | 06:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DevineRDX
Can someone please explain how the ordering process works. Do you negotiate the price, sign papers, put down a deposit, etc? I am trying to purchase Modern Steel A-Spec from the only dealership on the island and according to my salesman, I can't technically order one specifically for me. He told me that the only thing they can do is have the sales manager request the color I want and wait. He also mentioned that the factory will only make the color when they have enough orders. Any truth to what he is telling me?
i can tell you how my process went. We went to the dealership on a Saturday and drove a car they had there. We liked what we drove, but didn’t like anything they had. We picked out a color and model with accessories, basically we negotiated the sales price and the trade in at the mileage the car had at the time. Our salesman asked for a deposit, so we left one. He said they would try to trade for what we wanted, try diverting one in transit or place an order. On Monday I was told our car would be built on 7/15.

If you have any other questions, I will try my best to answer them.

Billy
Old 08-03-2018 | 07:19 AM
Burning Brakes

...I was originally given a build window of 7/15-19, then a definite scheduled date of 7/27. Just got an email from my dealer saying it wasn't built and he doesn't know when it will be. Not a happy camper at the moment.
I'm starting to get a bit happier. Checked the Acura site this morning and it shows an RDX with the same specs as mine 'In Transit' to my dealer, it was not there last night. That would be about a 2 1/2 week schedule slip. Fingers crossed....
Old 08-03-2018 | 07:42 AM
Racer

I'm starting to get a bit happier. Checked the Acura site this morning and it shows an RDX with the same specs as mine 'In Transit' to my dealer, it was not there last night. That would be about a 2 1/2 week schedule slip. Fingers crossed....
Old 08-03-2018 | 08:42 AM
Racer

Good luck! Hope it is your RDX.
Old 08-03-2018 | 11:58 AM
Advanced

I hope its yours too. My car fell off the radar and I plan to swing by the dealership today and demand answers.
Old 08-03-2018 | 03:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Good luck! Hope it is your RDX.
It is - just got confirmation from my dealer after I sent him an e-mail about it (just to make sure it didn't 'accidentally' get sold to someone else). Just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get lost before getting here.
Old 08-03-2018 | 04:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by starlord
I hope its yours too. My car fell off the radar and I plan to swing by the dealership today and demand answers.
Yeah, falling off the radar is not a good thing.
Old 08-03-2018 | 05:02 PM
Drifting

It is - just got confirmation from my dealer after I sent him an e-mail about it (just to make sure it didn't 'accidentally' get sold to someone else). Just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't get lost before getting here.

Good news.

Not for nothing, but some, shall we say “OCD” guy I know on the BMW board stalks, eerr, monitors, his dealership when ‘his’ car is due to arrive. He does not trust them to even wash his car.

But it is exciting when it finally all comes together, so enjoy.

Quick Reply: Build date to dealer deliver time estimates?