Answering phone calls via voice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 12:52 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Answering phone calls via voice?

On Acura RDX 2020 with Advanced Package, is it possible to answer incoming calls via voice? Or by pressing a button on the steering wheel? I find it cumbersome to answer phone calls via the entertainment system and touchpad when someone calls.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:30 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
[QUOTE=Chook;16525980]On Acura RDX 2020 with Advanced Package, is it possible to answer incoming calls via voice? Or by pressing a button on the steering wheel? I find it cumbersome to answer phone calls via the entertainment system and touchpad when someone calls.[/QUOTE
You can't answer by voice but you can answer via the steering wheel. You should see on the dashboard a message to turn the toggle switch to the right to answer or the left to decline.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:43 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
[QUOTE=mcpagano;16525994]
Originally Posted by Chook
On Acura RDX 2020 with Advanced Package, is it possible to answer incoming calls via voice? Or by pressing a button on the steering wheel? I find it cumbersome to answer phone calls via the entertainment system and touchpad when someone calls.[/QUOTE
You can't answer by voice but you can answer via the steering wheel. You should see on the dashboard a message to turn the toggle switch to the right to answer or the left to decline.
This worked. Thank you very much. Acura dealership told me phone calls can't be answered via steering wheel, which I found strange and I hoped someone on this forum would know and you did. Thank you!
Old 01-12-2020, 09:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=Chook;16526225]
Originally Posted by mcpagano
This worked. Thank you very much. Acura dealership told me phone calls can't be answered via steering wheel, which I found strange and I hoped someone on this forum would know and you did. Thank you!
yeah a lot of people for some reason don’t know you answer with the HUD scroll wheel on the steering wheel.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:59 PM
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
If the HUD is working and the HFL is fully functional, you should see the incoming telephone info on the HUD, along with a graphic showing to press the thumbwheel right to answer, left to reject the call. The phone number (or the caller name if the number is in your contact list) should show on the HUD as well.
Old 01-13-2020, 10:13 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by MT-RDX
If the HUD is working and the HFL is fully functional, you should see the incoming telephone info on the HUD, along with a graphic showing to press the thumbwheel right to answer, left to reject the call. The phone number (or the caller name if the number is in your contact list) should show on the HUD as well.
Thanks....I read this but then forgot it as I was learning so much other stuff. I know you can hang up the call with the scroll wheel but forgot it can be answered that way. :-)
Old 01-14-2020, 09:47 AM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
There's a bit of a learning curve with this car, especially coming from my old CRV that had about 1% of the level of tech in this car. One of the more difficult things to figure out for me is that infotainment system behaves differently when CarPlay is in use vs just having it connected via Bluetooth. Some commands can only be done through Siri when the phone is physically connected, for instance. And I had a bit of trouble trying to answer a call the other day when it was connected as well, but I remembered this thread and was able to use the steering wheel control (thanks @MT-RDX ).

Now that I've had the car for a couple of months though, a lot of my initial confusion has been eliminated. And now that I finally cancelled Sirius FM, I've gotten better with CarPlay and Amazon Music, though I still wish I could use Siri to control that. That's Amazon's fault though, I think.