After the mega flop QX50, Infiniti is coming with QX55!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts

So this is an image of the next gen Rogue interior. I’m surprised Nissan didn’t give the QX50 the digital display.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:13 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,607 Likes on 967 Posts
Originally Posted by WTF.Acura

So this is an image of the next gen Rogue interior. I’m surprised Nissan didn’t give the QX50 the digital display.

Good point! I guess they lost faith in Infiniti. Nissan has to redefine the brand first, and then start investing.

At the moment, Infiniti is just closing shops from one continent to another.
Old 10-19-2019, 03:43 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts

WOW. That blows away anything in the Honda line-up. As far as aesthetics go anyways. Really wish they would go back to matte black, but I get it ... it looks so much better in the showroom when it's nice a clean ... for about 48hrs before it's full of dust again, lol.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Instructor

Received 175 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Good point! I guess they lost faith in Infiniti. Nissan has to redefine the brand first, and then start investing.

At the moment, Infiniti is just closing shops from one continent to another.
Yeah at this point it’s just embarrassing. I’m predicting this interior would be superior to the qx50
Old 10-19-2019, 07:55 PM
2020 RDX White/Espresso

Received 202 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by supafamous
I figure there's only 1, maybe 2 more gas powered cars in my life
When I bought the RDX, I said to my wife "our next car is going to be a self-driving electric." and I really expect that to be true. We live in NYC which is why an electric car right now is impractical (no charging infrastructure for apartment dwellers) but in ten years, which is probably the next time we'll buy a car, I think that will have changed. So for the next decade I'm going to live it up, and drive in Sport mode. And by that time I expect Acura will have an electric SUV that is just as fun to drive.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:40 PM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
I expect my next car to be electric, but not self driving, which I think is pretty far away. I expect driving aids to get better, but I don’t see full autonomy for a car within my budget in the next 5 years or so, which is my timeframe. Right now, I don’t think I trust Acura with the electronics and software needed for what I will be looking for. Their lack of responsiveness to obvious problems bothers me.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 10-19-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 895 Likes on 683 Posts

WOW!!! That's actually really fricken nice! With every new generation of mainstream vehicle coming out, the gap between them and the luxury segment shrinks. We're basically at a time where the only advantage luxury brands have over mainstream brands is cache.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:19 AM
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
WOW!!! That's actually really fricken nice! With every new generation of mainstream vehicle coming out, the gap between them and the luxury segment shrinks. We're basically at a time where the only advantage luxury brands have over mainstream brands is cache.
I think a lot of the elements is similar to the Toyota RAV4. The only new thing is that the gauge cluster is full LCD like the Honda. The Rogue is basically a mix of Honda and Toyota design elements.

I’ve noticed that luxury brands will always have some extra features that mainstream brands won’t, such as dual zone/trizone climate control, auto dimming/heated sideview mirrors, more powerful engine, interior design with wood grain trim, leather seating in the base models etc. The gap difference is still similar to that of ten years ago. The tech difference isn’t as large but the other basic elements are. If you were to upgrade these mainstream models to have similar features to that of luxury cars, you’re still paying almost the same as one. I’m sure a fully loaded Rogue will cost upwards of almost $40k but still come with a <200hp engine.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 10-20-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Waetherman
When I bought the RDX, I said to my wife "our next car is going to be a self-driving electric." and I really expect that to be true. We live in NYC which is why an electric car right now is impractical (no charging infrastructure for apartment dwellers) but in ten years, which is probably the next time we'll buy a car, I think that will have changed. So for the next decade I'm going to live it up, and drive in Sport mode. And by that time I expect Acura will have an electric SUV that is just as fun to drive.
As cool as self driving cars may be, it won’t work in NYC. Roads in NYC are terrible and usually aren’t or are barely marked and remain that way for years. Lol.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:14 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I think a lot of the elements is similar to the Toyota RAV4. The only new thing is that the gauge cluster is full LCD like the Honda. The Rogue is basically a mix of Honda and Toyota design elements.

I’ve noticed that luxury brands will always have some extra features that mainstream brands won’t, such as dual zone/trizone climate control, auto dimming/heated sideview mirrors, more powerful engine, interior design with wood grain trim, leather seating in the base models etc. The gap difference is still similar to that of ten years ago. The tech difference isn’t as large but the other basic elements are. If you were to upgrade these mainstream models to have similar features to that of luxury cars, you’re still paying almost the same as one. I’m sure a fully loaded Rogue will cost upwards of almost $40k but still come with a <200hp engine.
agreed! In terms of tech, the gap will diminish in the nearer future. But a premium/luxury car will always offer a few extra features that either you can’t get in the mainstream cars or by the time you add those features, the car will cost you almost the same. Also, let’s not forget, the badge is the badge. If you want to drive an Audi, you want that badge. You can’t say it’s the same as a Tiguan.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
agreed! In terms of tech, the gap will diminish in the nearer future. But a premium/luxury car will always offer a few extra features that either you can’t get in the mainstream cars or by the time you add those features, the car will cost you almost the same. Also, let’s not forget, the badge is the badge. If you want to drive an Audi, you want that badge. You can’t say it’s the same as a Tiguan.
Because it isn’t. The Q5 is not a Tiguan, just as a CR-V is not an RDX
Old 11-05-2019, 07:19 PM
AZ Community Team

Infiniti is damn serious about the the QX55. They might release it at LA autoshow.

Infiniti sold less the new QX50 than the last generation this year (YTD). I can’t believe they want to bring QX55, a car that has a very niche market. Oh well! Infiniti has big plans lol! Let’s see how many units, they will sell each month. My guess is 500 ��
Old 11-05-2019, 08:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 704 Likes on 546 Posts
It used to be that Nisan, Honda and Toyota are the 3 best Japanese car.
Starting with early 2000 Nisan started making horrible cars, and been going downhill. Honda and Toyota are way more reliable (overall)
Old 11-05-2019, 10:27 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by russianDude
It used to be that Nisan, Honda and Toyota are the 3 best Japanese car.
Starting with early 2000 Nisan started making horrible cars, and been going downhill. Honda and Toyota are way more reliable (overall)
Actually Infiniti was good in early 2000s. The G was an awesome car but now I have no idea what they are doing. I cannot believe that in this hot SUV market, they cannot sell the QX50 and they discontinued the QX30.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,434 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Actually Infiniti was good in early 2000s. The G was an awesome car but now I have no idea what they are doing. I cannot believe that in this hot SUV market, they cannot sell the QX50 and they discontinued the QX30.
It's because the QX30 is a rebadged 1st generation Mercedes GLA that's ending production. Infiniti probably didn't want to invest more money in rebadging the new one seeing as how the old one didn't sell at all, primarily because why would anyone want to pay Mercedes money for a Mercedes with an Infiniti badge on it?
Old 11-07-2019, 09:42 PM
AZ Community Team

After reading a few articles about the QX55, now I understood why Infiniti is taking this direction. Since the QX50 is a major let down for the company, Nissan/Infiniti decided to take the QX50 and make a few changes and increase sales.

Selling another 500 units will help the company to recover some of the R&D and investment. Right now, Infiniti is bleeding....nothing is selling! So the QX55 will add a few more units to Infiniti's sales numbers.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 305 Posts
After reading a few articles about the QX55, now I understood why Infiniti is taking this direction. Since the QX50 is a major let down for the company, Nissan/Infiniti decided to take the QX50 and make a few changes and increase sales.

Selling another 500 units will help the company to recover some of the R&D and investment. Right now, Infiniti is bleeding....nothing is selling! So the QX55 will add a few more units to Infiniti's sales numbers.
If they had sales people that actually did something more than sit around, they might sell a few. I made 2 trips with zero contact despite trying to get the attention of someone at the local dealership. This was at the time I bought the RDX. Contrast with the Acura dealer where they were willing to give me as much time as I needed with no sales pressure.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 895 Likes on 683 Posts
From what I read, the QX55 is a FX replacement not just a coupe version of the QX50. So I'm wondering if it will be larger too.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:24 PM
AZ Community Team

Is Infiniti sure and believe that it’s a good idea to proceed with QX55 after 2019 sales of QX50? Lol
Or i should say is Infiniti even sure to release any new car after sale number of 2019? MoM sales number is just tanking....
Old 08-07-2020, 09:29 AM
AZ Community Team

Infiniti is desperate and don't know what to do...I just noticed every time there is a press release about a new Acura product. Infiniti right away comes up with something to get the market attention but sadly there is no traction for them.

So, now that Acura released the TYPE S specs, Infiniti showed us the rear of the QX55. lol

Initially, I thought the QX55 is useless and what's the point to have a car based on QX50 which isn't selling. But after analyzing, I think Infiniti is smart. I am sure they will sell at least 800-1,000 units per month, and if you combine the sale of QX50 and QX55, Infiniti will recover some of their investment. Right now they are in a big hole. The VC engine and the fancy interior...someone has to pay for these, right?

Let's see in November, who know Infiniti pumps the QX55 with 400HP Twin Turbo

Old 08-07-2020, 06:31 PM

Looks nice to be honest ... looks like they're going back to the lines of the original FX. Doesn't look like it's going to be the most practical vehicle looking at its sloping rear window and short overhang from the rear wheel. Who knows, hopefully it does well and Infiniti gets back in the game. Competition is a good thing.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:38 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by leomio85
Looks nice to be honest ... looks like they're going back to the lines of the original FX. Doesn't look like it's going to be the most practical vehicle looking at its sloping rear window and short overhang from the rear wheel. Who knows, hopefully it does well and Infiniti gets back in the game. Competition is a good thing.
apparently it’s kinda inspired by FX.

ya let’s see this segment isn’t just successful. X4,X6, ZDX, FX and now the GLC coupe. All of these cars don’t have a good market.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 305 Posts
I'm far more excited about the Ariya than I am about the QX55. The Ariya looks amazing inside and out.

If the QX55 just QX50 dressed up differently with no powertrain change or no significant interior change then it's a non-starter. Exterior looks only go so far. At some point there has to be substance. The current QX50 is tired. The interior design borrows a lot of cues from older BMWs (probably because the designer went to Infiniti), the powertrain and transmission are unexciting, and the steering is devoid of any feel.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:04 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by anoop
I'm far more excited about the Ariya than I am about the QX55. The Ariya looks amazing inside and out.

If the QX55 just QX50 dressed up differently with no powertrain change or no significant interior change then it's a non-starter. Exterior looks only go so far. At some point there has to be substance. The current QX50 is tired. The interior design borrows a lot of cues from older BMWs (probably because the designer went to Infiniti), the powertrain and transmission are unexciting, and the steering is devoid of any feel.
well said!