2025 Acura RDX

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2024, 06:21 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
Have any of you guys checked out a CX-70? It looks to be priced a bit under the RDX. From what I saw on the Mazda website, it looks pretty nice, however, their pictures there are not that great.
My parents got a CX-90, which is the same as the 70 but with a 3rd row. It’s very nice but too big for my taste. Can’t say I like the looks of it at all. I used to love Mazda and was excited about their move toward more premium cars, but was disappointed to see they didn’t fix their major issue of bad sizing. Everything they make remains either too big or too small for the class.
The following users liked this post:
oblio98 (08-09-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 07:16 AM
Drifting

Received 1,266 Likes on 921 Posts
Originally Posted by mantan
Posting a video below with speculation it'll be based on the European Honda ZRV...which is their hybrid version of a Honda HRV. Give it an upscale interior and price it under the (just got a convenient price hike) RDX.

And it'll be in a weird spot. It's probably too small for many customers. But will be appealing because it's a hybrid. But if you're 'entry' model into Acura is a hybrid and then you can only upgrade to ICE it may not be appealing. So maybe they'll just go with a straight ICE version of the HRV with a CVT. Then you're getting a total compromise that'll be on brand for what Acura is doing these days.

It's frustrating how they don't put the work into making their cars as good as they could be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0lDNS3JHHg
Even a straight HRV to ADX conversion still gets you nearly 3" more legroom in the rear compared to the TLX (only .3" less rear legroom than RDX!). In my mind, mission accomplished! I don't see RDX sales getting cannibalized especially if the ADX retains the CVT!

https://www.edmunds.com/car-comparis...veh3=402009373
Old 08-09-2024, 07:21 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by HotRodW
It's only undersized on the interior. The exterior isn't just larger than other midsize 2-rows, it's larger than most 3-row crossovers. It has 2-1/2" on the MDX, an inch on the Pilot, and nearly a foot on the Passport, with which it's supposed to compete. Yet despite the size disadvantage, the Passport has a larger rear seat and more cargo capacity. It's typical poor packaging by Mazda.

Remember a few years ago when it was rumored Acura was adding their own version of the Pilot to the lineup? Then later it turned into the ZDX instead, of course. I won't pretend to know how many they'd sell, but a slightly shorter two-row version of the MDX would definitely get my attention.
Yes, you're right that the interior of the CX70 is competitive but the exterior is not. Over in Mazda247, there is at least one prospective buyer who eventually chose the X5 once it was revealed the CX70 was going to be 5-6" longer than what most folks were expecting for a mid-size!

I predict the CX70 will eventually go the way of the TLX since it follows the same odd-duck sizing philosophy of smaller interior/larger exterior for the class!

Last edited by ELIN; 08-09-2024 at 07:23 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ELIN:
ESHBG (08-09-2024), HotRodW (08-09-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 08:54 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,614 Likes on 972 Posts
As I wrote 2024 RDX is a patch. Since it's selling well, it's proven to be one of the best in the segment, Acura is just cashing on it. Good stuff are coming:

"New Acura Concept Vehicle Coming to Monterey Car Week; Signals Next Generation All-Electric Acura Model"

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...ic-acura-model
Old 08-09-2024, 09:21 AM
AZ Community Team

Nice video to summarize the press release:
Old 08-09-2024, 09:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 341 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
As I wrote 2024 RDX is a patch. Since it's selling well, it's proven to be one of the best in the segment, Acura is just cashing on it. Good stuff are coming:

"New Acura Concept Vehicle Coming to Monterey Car Week; Signals Next Generation All-Electric Acura Model"

Let's hope they have other Hybrid offerings in the works too. Switching to more pure EV's without a robust charging infrastructure and software to compete with Tesla will be challenging. Look at all the brands that are loosing billions or going out of business.
The following 2 users liked this post by Texasrdx21:
mantan (08-09-2024), NBPDC505 (08-15-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 09:31 AM
Drifting

Nice video to summarize the press release: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33fnMK0Jl20
Acura logo is not a "tuning fork"! LOL!

All these Millenials/Gen Z probably don't know WTH calipers are!
https://www.acura.com/innovation/modals/history
Old 08-09-2024, 09:31 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Texasrdx21
Let's hope they have other Hybrid offerings in the works too. Switching to more pure EV's without a robust charging infrastructure and software to compete with Tesla will be challenging. Look at all the brands that are loosing billions or going out of business.
Totally agreed! I think one of the reasons they are delaying the RDX redesign and discontinued NSX are bigger and long-term plans. Only time will tell us
Old 08-09-2024, 09:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 411 Likes on 310 Posts

don’t particularly care for this new trend especially with the Japanese car makers of getting rid of the logo and spelling out the name. The logo provides for a much cleaner look.
The following 2 users liked this post by anoop:
quikj (08-11-2024), Tony Pac (08-09-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 12:23 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by anoop
don’t particularly care for this new trend especially with the Japanese car makers of getting rid of the logo and spelling out the name. The logo provides for a much cleaner look.
the more and more I look at this....It looks like a Macan Coupe
Old 08-09-2024, 12:35 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
UGH! Electric cars do not interest me at all. Even Hybrids, I just can see a future of battling for a charging station in the middle of nowhere and having to sit there, vulnerable, while the thing is charging up. Give me a $50 fill up and I'm outta there and happy at that point.

As for the car, the more I am thinking about it, the more I am leaning to just keeping my '22 for at least another year. I will check out the extended warranty's that are out there. I don't really like the way my dealership deals with things like that. The Sales Manager is only looking out for his commission (can't blame him, sorta) so I don't really want to go to them. No matter what, my car is running fine, I haven't had a problem with it, I put new Michelin's on it last year because I hated the Goodyear's, I have a Blackview fore and aft dashcam that I installed, so what's the point? I really don't want to do that install again. It was a pain.

Buying a new car used to be something I looked forward to. With this "New" RDX and the other alternatives out there, I just don't seem to have the motivation I used to
The following 3 users liked this post by oblio98:
ESHBG (08-09-2024), NBPDC505 (08-15-2024), Texasrdx21 (08-09-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 08:11 PM
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by ELIN
Even a straight HRV to ADX conversion still gets you nearly 3" more legroom in the rear compared to the TLX (only .3" less rear legroom than RDX!). In my mind, mission accomplished! I don't see RDX sales getting cannibalized especially if the ADX retains the CVT!

https://www.edmunds.com/car-comparis...veh3=402009373
True about the room. I like my TLX but it's essentially a 4 door coupe when it comes to size.

But my kids are grown now. I very rarely have people in the back seat so it works for me. I had a short road trip with my mom and sister last month and realized how impractical the TLX is for trips with more than 2 people.
Old 08-10-2024, 08:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 547 Likes on 354 Posts
True about the room. I like my TLX but it's essentially a 4 door coupe when it comes to size.

But my kids are grown now. I very rarely have people in the back seat so it works for me. I had a short road trip with my mom and sister last month and realized how impractical the TLX is for trips with more than 2 people.
And this has been my main beef with the TLX from day one: a big car with none of the benefits.
HotRodW (08-10-2024)
Old 08-10-2024, 08:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ESHBG
And this has been my main beef with the TLX from day one: a big car with none of the benefits.
is it the same size as the accord? If so why is it considered big?
Old 08-10-2024, 09:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

is it the same size as the accord? If so why is it considered big?
Just about:

Accord: 196″ L x 73″ W x 57″ H
TLX: 195″ L x 75″ W x 56″ H

A bigger car has some negatives but you get the positives with more room inside but with the TLX you aren't really getting this equation like you are with the Accord.
Old 08-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Drifting

Just about:

Accord: 196″ L x 73″ W x 57″ H
TLX: 195″ L x 75″ W x 56″ H

A bigger car has some negatives but you get the positives with more room inside but with the TLX you aren't really getting this equation like you are with the Accord.
If we're being honest, anyone getting the TLX is getting it for the looks. I had tons of compliments on my MY21 TLX A-Spec and I would often to have follow up the compliment w/ "it's not as fast as it looks"!
For various reasons, folks don't end up marrying the beauty queen...
mantan (08-10-2024)
Old 08-10-2024, 11:46 AM
Advanced

If we're being honest, anyone getting the TLX is getting it for the looks. I had tons of compliments on my MY21 TLX A-Spec and I would often to have follow up the compliment w/ "it's not as fast as it looks"!
For various reasons, folks don't end up marrying the beauty queen...
100%. I love my 21 TLX. But it's calling card is being a gorgeous car with unabashedly strong profile that looks great. But non-S type Acura's have been about technology and value in the segment than flat out performance. Back when it was a 3 horse race between Lexus, Acura and Infiniti - Lexus had the pure comfort luxury angle, Infiniti (until they los therir way) used to push the sports angle - the Acura was in-between. It's a great car for anyone with out kids - but is in no way a family sedan. (Unless your kids a very young)
ELIN (08-10-2024)
Old 08-10-2024, 12:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

100%. I love my 21 TLX. But it's calling card is being a gorgeous car with unabashedly strong profile that looks great. But non-S type Acura's have been about technology and value in the segment than flat out performance. Back when it was a 3 horse race between Lexus, Acura and Infiniti - Lexus had the pure comfort luxury angle, Infiniti (until they los therir way) used to push the sports angle - the Acura was in-between. It's a great car for anyone with out kids - but is in no way a family sedan. (Unless your kids a very young)
not to mention Acura being the value play which it still is.
Old 08-10-2024, 12:21 PM
Drifting

not to mention Acura being the value play which it still is.
It's odd but I see too many folks still opting for extended warranty despite the assurances Acura has that Japanese reliability!
Old 08-10-2024, 12:36 PM
Pro

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts
It's odd but I see too many folks still opting for extended warranty despite the assurances Acura has that Japanese reliability!
For me, I'm not so much concerned about the mechanical reliability, it's all that electronic stuff that I'm sure would be expensive to replace...radar, cameras, computers, sensors, etc.
The following 3 users liked this post by markAZ:
ELIN (08-10-2024), mantan (08-10-2024), quikj (08-11-2024)
Old 08-10-2024, 03:22 PM
mvl
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 157 Posts
The electronic stuff is certainly below the typical Honda/Acura powertrain reliability. The good news is that Honda's costs for these are low so an Acuracare warranty (which is discounted due to Honda's low costs) covers this stuff for very cheap. Third party warranties have to pay Acura's overpriced msrp for this stuff so are a not competitively priced.

Until Honda/Acura improve electronics reliability, I would never recommend owning a recent model without a warranty, the costs make a warranty a no brainer.
Old 08-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mvl
The electronic stuff is certainly below the typical Honda/Acura powertrain reliability. The good news is that Honda's costs for these are low so an Acuracare warranty (which is discounted due to Honda's low costs) covers this stuff for very cheap. Third party warranties have to pay Acura's overpriced msrp for this stuff so are a not competitively priced.

Until Honda/Acura improve electronics reliability, I would never recommend owning a recent model without a warranty, the costs make a warranty a no brainer.
is there any auto maker with good reliability for their electronics?
Old 08-10-2024, 08:11 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 97 Posts
This is where I think the definition of "reliability" has become unrealistically broad. Japanese cars originally got that reputation because they simply kept running for 200k miles without much fuss in an era when that was uncommon. It never was a testament to the non-powertrain components. Yet today, if CarPlay has a glitchy connection or the back window shatters, then upset owners run to social media to say they've "had enough" and that "reliability has gone downhill."

So as I see it, paying $1100 for an extended warranty on the RDX for when random components go kaput is not really a statement about its expected reliability. Time will tell, but I'm pretty certain 3G RDX will rank well in terms of sold% still on the road 10 years from now.
quikj (08-11-2024)
Old 08-10-2024, 08:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jmhumr
This is where I think the definition of "reliability" has become unrealistically broad. Japanese cars originally got that reputation because they simply kept running for 200k miles without much fuss in an era when that was uncommon. It never was a testament to the non-powertrain components. Yet today, if CarPlay has a glitchy connection or the back window shatters, then upset owners run to social media to say they've "had enough" and that "reliability has gone downhill."

So as I see it, paying $1100 for an extended warranty on the RDX for when random components go kaput is not really a statement about its expected reliability. Time will tell, but I'm pretty certain 3G RDX will rank well in terms of sold% still on the road 10 years from now.
with an x3 similar warranty would cost 2.5x. And then there’s the big difference in maintenance costs.
quikj (08-11-2024)
Old 08-11-2024, 09:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jmhumr
I would argue this is more coming from the experience of having to run to the dealership over and over again and being jerked around even though it's clear that there is an issue. And as these issues happen to more and more people who have the same experiences then the "had enough" and class action stuff starts where nine times out of ten fault is admitted, whether outright or implied. I know many people who were loyal Honda/Acura owners for decades who will not be returning to the brand for some egregious things.
Old 08-11-2024, 10:18 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although I've adjusted to the touch pad, every time I get into my Corvette I find the touch screen is soooo much nicer. I'm going to replace my 2020 at the end of the year and will probably shop around now since I think I really want to go back to a touch screen vehicle. Although a step up in price I'm starting to grow fond of the Genesis GV70, seems to offer a lot of bang for the buck. On the other hand I really enjoy Acura's SH-AWD. It'll probably come down to who is dealing at the time but I'll be cross shopping the competition this time.
ESHBG (08-11-2024)
Old 08-11-2024, 10:37 AM
mvl
Pro

SHAWD and touchscreen leaves you with only the 25 MDX in Acura's lineup.

The ZDX also has awd, but it isn't torque vectoring.
Old 08-11-2024, 10:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 341 Likes on 250 Posts
I would argue this is more coming from the experience of having to run to the dealership over and over again and being jerked around even though it's clear that there is an issue. And as these issues happen to more and more people who have the same experiences then the "had enough" and class action stuff starts where nine times out of ten fault is admitted, whether outright or implied. I know many people who were loyal Honda/Acura owners for decades who will not be returning to the brand for some egregious things.
I'd agree. And add, that customer service, competency and taking pride in what you do to a high level has fallen off a cliff in the last few years. I set my expectations low (for everything) - and quite often baffled that most interaction fall below the "adequate" level.
ESHBG (08-11-2024)
Old 08-11-2024, 04:24 PM
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts
Adios Acura…..my lease is up in a few months….turning in my 22 Aspec/Advance…..decided to go down to one car…. Retired and really no need for 2 cars. I think our 2010 Lexus RX 350 with 105k miles will easily go to 250k since it’s been well maintained. I’ll be dead before then anyway. The Acura dealer nearest me sucks and I don’t want to drive 100 miles each way to another one who might suck too, plus operating and insurance costs are crazy. Just need liability on my Lexus.
oblio98 (08-12-2024)
Old 08-11-2024, 04:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Texasrdx21
The money buy if you like the RDX is on a gently used 22-23 RDX (CPO with extended warranty - though extended warranty from Acura is very reasonable), as depreciation has taken effect - coupled with a upside down over supply and low demand of qualified buyers.
This is a great idea. I was originally thinking of jumping out of my lease and getting into a 24 lease. But I kinda want to get off the lease train. A 22-23 RDX may be a good option.
Texasrdx21 (08-11-2024)
Old 08-11-2024, 04:31 PM
Pro

This is a great idea. I was originally thinking of jumping out of my lease and getting into a 24 lease. But I kinda want to get off the lease train. A 22-23 RDX may be a good option.
Look at my previous post…..are u interested? 17.5k miles
Old 08-11-2024, 05:37 PM
Drifting

Much easier getting on to the lease train than getting off!
mantan (08-12-2024)
Old 08-11-2024, 05:55 PM
mvl
Pro

With todays restrictive regulations I think lease train RDX owners will be happy to get into a 2025 and not be forced into a compliance-degraded engine like so many competitors.

That said it is easier than ever to get off the lease train. CPO with Acuracare warranty is like a new car, and Acura Finance will let you finance a CPO probably at a payment not too far off from a lease.
Old 08-11-2024, 05:55 PM
Pro

Much easier getting on to the lease train than getting off!
Not hard to get off a lease at all…..turn it in and walk away…..
Old 08-11-2024, 05:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mvl
With todays restrictive regulations I think lease train RDX owners will be happy to get into a 2025 and not be forced into a compliance-degraded engine like so many competitors.

That said it is easier than ever to get off the lease train. CPO with Acuracare warranty is like a new car, and Acura Finance will let you finance a CPO probably at a payment not too far off from a lease.
what is a compliance degraded engine?
Old 08-11-2024, 06:11 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by tecwerks
Not hard to get off a lease at all…..turn it in and walk away…..
Easy for you since you're downsizing! Most of us still need a car so getting off the lease train normally requires a sizeable down payment to keep car payments down (we're back to the good 'ol no equity days in current leased car)!
Old 08-11-2024, 06:22 PM
mvl
Pro

Moving 6 cyl to 4 cyl, etc, to meet cafe standards.
Old 08-11-2024, 07:04 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mvl
Moving 6 cyl to 4 cyl, etc, to meet cafe standards.
The RDX has been 4 cylinder for the entirety of the current gen (going into its 7th model year). I think we're all confused by your compliance-degraded engine comment!
anoop (08-11-2024)
Old 08-11-2024, 07:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

The RDX has been 4 cylinder for the entirety of the current gen (going into its 7th model year). I think we're all confused by your compliance-degraded engine comment!
Which cars have NA v-6 now? I can only think of the MDX and Murano. Murano will also change by next year.
Old 08-11-2024, 07:35 PM
Drifting

Which cars have NA v-6 now? I can only think of the MDX and Murano. Murano will also change by next year.
X3 M40i?

Quick Reply: 2025 Acura RDX