2019 A-Spec Continuous Issues.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 10:54 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 A-Spec Continuous Issues.....

Finally making some headway towards the ongoing issues I’ve had with my 2019 aspec.

Spoke to a higher up from Honda Canada last week and he wants to get the ball rolling at addressing my current issues. Also the service manager from my dealer spoke to me yesterday and told. E to drop it off this week for 2 days so they can have a field engineer have a look at it, has anyone on here had to have this happen? I was told the engineer would have a look and see what the next steps are or if they have to take it to the next level which I’m not sure what this means.

Since purchasing it new in Feb 2019 I’ve had to make numerous visits to the dealer, reoccurring issues. Etc...

Current issues;

Brakes-

I feel like 75% of 2019s have same issue, I’ve rolled it to dealer for the brakes alone 4 times for them to “perform counter measures”, replace pads... they’re still loud and squeaky lol

Multiple loud snapping/cracking sounds when reversing and turning the wheel. It’s been getting worse, it started in the beginning of the year and I was told it was normal just a brake lock... but now it’s embarrassing because people clearly hear it outside the vehicle as well.

Crunchy/creaking front suspension whenever the weather warms/cools .. making the noises when going over uneven road, speed bumps. Had this issue fixed twice (spring 2019/January 2020) not exactly sure what they did they told me they needed to replace a bolt. Was fine until the weather started to dip down again.

Sunroof seal?! Now that’s it’s cold the sound is gone but when it’s above 10 degrees or so I find whenever I’m driving over uneven surfaces the sunroof seal makes a loud rubbing noise. I know the engineer won’t be able to recreate that sound.

I’ve had the seal replaced twice and lubbed but no fix 😞
Old 12-20-2020, 11:01 AM
Cruisin'

Update..

So dropped my rdx off last week for engineer to take a look... service a manager called me back the next day and said they have a fix for most of the issues (not really confident because it seems al too familiar)

said they want to keep it for next cpl weeks ..

-front seat back cushion is making a noise because of my seating position, which sounds ridiculous... told me they are gonna customize with extra cushioning to cancel the noise... but we shall see...

-brakes need to be completely replaced..

-loud snapping sound when reversing they told me the noise is coming from the seat which makes completely no sense because I can hear it loud and clear with window down coming from the front suspension.

- said they may have to completely replace the sunroof to fix the noise since they’ve tried fixing it numerous times.

they gave me a 2020 mdx and boy is it ever comfy, I emailed my service manager yesterday and said once I get my vehicle back if the problems persist could he pull some strings and get me into a mdx for the same payment... there’s no lemon laws in Canada and I’m at the breaking point.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 323 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by David Irwin
Finally making some headway towards the ongoing issues I’ve had with my 2019 aspec.

Spoke to a higher up from Honda Canada last week and he wants to get the ball rolling at addressing my current issues. Also the service manager from my dealer spoke to me yesterday and told. E to drop it off this week for 2 days so they can have a field engineer have a look at it, has anyone on here had to have this happen? I was told the engineer would have a look and see what the next steps are or if they have to take it to the next level which I’m not sure what this means.

Since purchasing it new in Feb 2019 I’ve had to make numerous visits to the dealer, reoccurring issues. Etc...

Current issues;

Brakes-

I feel like 75% of 2019s have same issue, I’ve rolled it to dealer for the brakes alone 4 times for them to “perform counter measures”, replace pads... they’re still loud and squeaky lol

Multiple loud snapping/cracking sounds when reversing and turning the wheel. It’s been getting worse, it started in the beginning of the year and I was told it was normal just a brake lock... but now it’s embarrassing because people clearly hear it outside the vehicle as well.

Crunchy/creaking front suspension whenever the weather warms/cools .. making the noises when going over uneven road, speed bumps. Had this issue fixed twice (spring 2019/January 2020) not exactly sure what they did they told me they needed to replace a bolt. Was fine until the weather started to dip down again.

Sunroof seal?! Now that’s it’s cold the sound is gone but when it’s above 10 degrees or so I find whenever I’m driving over uneven surfaces the sunroof seal makes a loud rubbing noise. I know the engineer won’t be able to recreate that sound.

I’ve had the seal replaced twice and lubbed but no fix 😞
very interesting, my sunroof creaks more when it’s cold, stiffer seal, and when it’s warmer it doesn’t do it hardly ever
Old 12-21-2020, 09:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 387 Likes on 269 Posts
Good luck and thanks for providing update as you go. I want to say something about the creaky suspension. My 2019 Aspec had the issue last winter, but since summer the car has been quiet. I attribute the absence of noise to me driving the car harder in corners this year than last one when the car is still new - the harder cornering might softened the control arm bushings (I also feel the ride quality has become a little more compliant). It could also be just natural wear and rear (10k miles) that softens the bushings.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:35 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 323 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by sonyfever
Good luck and thanks for providing update as you go. I want to say something about the creaky suspension. My 2019 Aspec had the issue last winter, but since summer the car has been quiet. I attribute the absence of noise to me driving the car harder in corners this year than last one when the car is still new - the harder cornering might softened the control arm bushings (I also feel the ride quality has become a little more compliant). It could also be just natural wear and rear (10k miles) that softens the bushings.
from reading the TSB the creaking is simply the bushing rubbing a bit which isn’t a huge deal, I only notice squeaking noises when it’s cold, like 40F and below, so doesn’t really bother me.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:06 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Fortunately my 19 MDX Aspec is problem free. I am from Canada too. Hope your issues re resolved.
The following users liked this post:
David Irwin (12-22-2020)
Old 12-22-2020, 09:18 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Dereileak
from reading the TSB the creaking is simply the bushing rubbing a bit which isn’t a huge deal, I only notice squeaking noises when it’s cold, like 40F and below, so doesn’t really bother me.

yeah they “fixed” the issues twice ... I mean it was a horrible sound... like a creaky/crunchy sound over every little uneven service when the weather was getting colder or vice versa.

I just know I’ll get it back in a cpl weeks and I’m sure a problem will persist or a new one will pop up.

if I didn’t owe more then the car was worth I would’ve already traded it in,I feel stuck lol
Old 12-23-2020, 06:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to see these problems.

My 2019 aspec has been absolutely flawless since purchased in April 2019.

Best RDX yet (this is my fourth one) far above and beyond the others and I liked them just fine.

The following 2 users liked this post by IM542:
David Irwin (12-23-2020), JB in AZ (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 10:54 AM
Cruisin'

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty easy going and relaxed and don’t let much bother me, but the amount of issues and how they can’t be resolved. I love the vehicle inside and out, and know if I can just get past theses issues hopefully it’s clear sailing
Old 12-26-2020, 07:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I’ve had similar issues with my 19 A Spec.

- noisy front suspension. Replaced lower control arms, twice. All good now.
- squeaky brakes. Replaced all brakes, twice. All good now.
- a loud pop when backing down from driveway onto road. Replaced sunroof frame. All good now
- damaged c pillar covers after removal of sunroof. Both covers on order.
- when I first picked the vehicle up after purchase, a shimmy could be felt throughout the entire vehicle. Replaced out of true driveshaft. All good now.