2017 Can Make But Can't Receive Calls

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 06:50 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Can Make But Can't Receive Calls

I have a 2017 Tech package, paired with an iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2.6

The phone pairs no problem, I can make calls no problem at all, but whenever someone tries to call me, it doesn't work. I hear/see it ringing, I see who is calling, I can answer, but I don't hear the caller and they don't hear me. I have to hang up and call them back every time, which is quite annoying.

I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find people with this exact problem, I mostly see people having problems pairing their phone, which isn't my case. I don't remember exactly when this started, but it wasn't iOS 11 that broke it because it continued to work after I upgraded to 11.

My "Call Audio Routing" is set to automatic.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Have you tried pairing/using a 2nd phone to see if it works correctly? If a 2nd phone works OK, then the problem is likely your iPhone 7. If the 2nd phone does NOT work and you experience the same problem, then the issue is likely with the MDX (and the Hands Free settings)

Let’s try the most obvious things first.
  • Tap the “Phone” button beside the big interface dial under the lower screen on the dashboard to bring up the phone settings. Under the Phone Tab, look for “Auto Transfer” and make sure it is turned On.
  • Be sure that the MUTE is turned off on the MDX display screen – should be visible when a call is in progress
  • Have you tried to use the “Transfer” button on the display to move an incoming call from the phone back to HandsFree/car speakers?
  • When the incoming call comes in, it may be switching from the MDX speakers & microphone to Private Mode (back to the phone). Try this - tap the "Audio Sources" on the iPhone and change it the HandsFree link.
If we are good with the above and you still have the issue, try completely deleting and turning off everything related to the phone/Bluetooth/HandsFree on the phone AND the MDX and start over.

First, go into the MDX Bluetooth/phone settings and completely delete the phone from the car. Everything.
Then:
  • On your phone, go into your Bluetooth settings, find the Handsfree link, click the “I” in the blue circle and choose “Forget this device.
  • Press the power and volume down buttons at the same time.
  • Keep pressing (about 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears and release.
  • After the phone restarts, turn Bluetooth on again.
  • Also, make sure that “Call Audio Routing” is still set to Automatic.
Finally, after everything everywhere has been deleted & turned off, re-pair the phone to the MDX.

NOTE: Doing the above may also resolve a hidden issue. It is possible that your carrier updated your phone network settings/profile. Following all of the steps in the above process should resolve that. If not, you may want to contact you carrier and see if they did any type of update.

If you are still having issues, sometimes Acura Link causes things to get wonky (technical term) with Bluetooth and phones. On the phone, reset the network settings:
  • Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  • You will need to re-establish your phone’s wifi connections
Hopefully the answer is somewhere above. If not, I don’t have anything else I can think of.
The following users liked this post:
victorber (02-28-2018)
Old 03-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Wonder if any of the input helped.