VCMTuner 2 installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019 | 01:30 PM
Advanced

VCMTuner 2 installed!!

Hi All,

I posted this in the mdxer, but I think I should share it here too.

Background: I got my 15 MDX tech used with less than 30k miles last October, right now it is at 44k.

Issues I have:
1) I noticed when driving in stop and go traffic, upshift from 1st and 2nd there is always a clunk/jerk, like the car actually charges forward at the point you let go of the gas pedal, RPM drops very aggressively
2) Same thing happens when the car is decelerating, when the car is slowing down to around 20mph, regardless you are braking or the car is slowing down on its own, brake pedal will suddenly became very soft, and it feels like the car is applying more brake force on its own, it will causes your body to lean forward, I absolutely hate this feeling, it's the same clunk when it upshift.
3) When you are trying to accelerate from cursing at around 40 mph, it feels like the car is struggling switch back to 6 cylinders, it's the numbing feel, it's like you gently press the gas pedal down a little, but the car is not giving you the power, if you keep it more gas, after a second or 2, the car will jerk, then the power comes.

At the dealer:
Right after I bought this car, I brought it to the dealer to have all the fluid replace, and I was lucky, I met a good advisor, he told me he can get me a free tranny flush under TSB(I didn't know what was TSB at that time), but didn't solve the problem, I went to the dealer again to complained the issues above, they said they tested drive it, everything is fine. In the 3rd visit, they replaced the TC under warranty, problems still there!!

VCMTuner 2:
It just arrived last Friday, I installed it on Sunday morning, I won't say it is a day and night change, but at least it is a day and a afternoon difference.
#1 issue: I would say it is 80% gone, it won't charge ahead when you let go of gas, I noticed the RPM drops when shift into 2nd gear is not as aggressive as before, and it will also holds the rpm longer at other gear.
#3 issue: NO MORE! It is completely gone!!!! No more embarrassing when braking.
#2 issue: This issue is 80% fix, there is a very obvious improvement, the numbing feel is gone, I can feel the V6 is ready to roar, the rest of the 15% might be the tranny's hesitation.

Conclusion: I am not sure if all the early 3rd gen have these issues, but hopefully my post can give them a option to improve their ownership, Brock is a good seller, because I didn't know if this $120 device can help me or not, he told me I can try it for 10 days, if it didn't help, I can ship it back for refund. I was thinking to trade in this car in 2 yrs after the new highlander is released, but now, me and my wife are planning to keep it longer, and we are the real happy MDX owner now.

Last edited by Michael2NB; 11-19-2019 at 01:32 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Michael2NB:
bmoua15 (12-13-2019), lausy (11-22-2019)