Replacing Jog Dial/"Joystick"

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 07:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing Jog Dial/"Joystick"

Hi All,

Today I was helping a friend transport some boxes of LVT for a home improvement project. Just as I was about to complete my delivery safely, some idiot braked hard in front of me sending the boxes of flooring forward and into the "jog/dial/joystick" rotating thing (see picture). The center portion/button looks like it somehow chipped behind the glossy surface. You can also see some scuffs on the plastic around the button.

Question 1: Based on some brief research online, it looks like to replace the rotating dial, I would have to replace the entire assembly with buttons and the dial correct?
Question 2: Is this not too difficult to do DIY? Do you think Acura would charge an arm and a leg to do?
Question 3: The scuffs - Any recommendations to clean/buff/repair? Or will this need to be replaced as well to restore?

I know things could have been a lot worse...

Old 04-09-2021, 10:36 AM
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts
Personally I would try some plastic polish. Same stuff used by motorcycle riders and race car drivers to clean the face shields. There are a few youtube videos using stuff like tooth paste too. Look them up and try a few things. Worst case you still have to replace the knob.