My 14' Black/Black ADV/ENT Minus the BEAK

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 06:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackBart
Here we are a year later! Did you find a solution to the short operational distance of the remote start?
No. The dealer indicate there is no solution available. This remains my biggest complaint about the MDX.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Any pictures of the interior with the wood trim?
Old 12-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm thoroughly disappointed in the distance and performance of my factory remote start.

I have to be standing no further than 40' looking directly out a window to get affirmation that the car is locked before trying to start? WTF?? Total waste if not for the auto climate control including my heated steering wheel.

by the way, I painted my beak with color matched paint (dark cherry) and covered the whole front end with Xpel film. Looks really classy.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:00 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for ya

Love the look of your MDX. I, too, would love to see the pics of the interior. I have to ask a question about your overall MDX experience, now that you've had it for a couple of years.. I love my advance, but the technology, including the air conditioning radio phone and navigation controls are absolutely driving me nuts. My GF has a Ford with the Microsoft system and it is so far superior to the Acura technology it drives me nuts nuts nuts. What is your take on the Acura buttonology?
Old 08-24-2017, 06:14 PM
AcuraEnthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BCrabbe
Love the look of your MDX. I, too, would love to see the pics of the interior. I have to ask a question about your overall MDX experience, now that you've had it for a couple of years.. I love my advance, but the technology, including the air conditioning radio phone and navigation controls are absolutely driving me nuts. My GF has a Ford with the Microsoft system and it is so far superior to the Acura technology it drives me nuts nuts nuts. What is your take on the Acura buttonology?
Responding as I've had my '14 advance for 3 years now. The GPS interface is horrible. It takes way too much effort to input an address and half the time you have to go back to correct it. That and you have to spend $150 for an update. We end up using our iPhones for GPS routing as it's easier to input and it's updated frequently. Other than that, I don't have much issues with the radio or mobile phone controls. It did take some time to get used to it. I haven't seen the 2017 interface yet but I've heard they made improvements.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:07 AM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question ZF9 Issues ?

Originally Posted by gtinmia
Responding as I've had my '14 advance for 3 years now. The GPS interface is horrible. It takes way too much effort to input an address and half the time you have to go back to correct it. That and you have to spend $150 for an update. We end up using our iPhones for GPS routing as it's easier to input and it's updated frequently. Other than that, I don't have much issues with the radio or mobile phone controls. It did take some time to get used to it. I haven't seen the 2017 interface yet but I've heard they made improvements.
How has the ZF9 Transmission treated you. Reading online and it seems many complaints are in regards to that transmission.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:08 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having owned an '09 Pilot for 8 years, and putting 78k miles on it, I am very satisfied with the overall performance of my '17 MDX with the ZF 9-speed transmission. Car and Driver magazine said it best, when they wrote that the the MDX's 9-speed was good, but not perfect.

I much prefer the 9-speed's broad gear ratio spread over the Pilot's more limited 6-speed ratios. The MDX's extra low 1st gear provides very strong acceleration off the line, and with your foot in the throttle, good punch up through the other gears. Gears 8 and 9 allow the engine to turn at a relaxed 1800-1900 RPM at 75 mph, whereas at that same speed, the Pilot would be around 2500 RPM. That difference alone makes the 9-speed a worthwhile improvement over the 6-speed.

Honda's only error on the 9-speed, in my opinion, was not thoroughly testing and perfecting the electronic controls before installing the transmission in the '15-'16 TLX, and '16 Pilot and MDX. Other than an occasional reluctance to downshift under certain conditions, the 9-speed in my '17 MDX works well, and I would not hesitate to buy the same vehicle again.