Interior Color Thoughts / Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018 | 02:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bobby2478
While I agree black interior gets hot, Any color interior if sitting out in the sun all day in the summer will be unbearably hot when you first open the door. So even a grey or tan interior will have the same problem when sitting out in the hot summer sun. So it's not a problem unique to the black interior.

not unique, but definitely worse. When I was traveling a lot I spent months in the SE, places like Texas in the summer. Dark interior rental cars were the absolute worst. No matter how far I drove it could never get cool.
pick what you like and enjoy the ride. Personally I feel the tan interior is richer. But to me the saddle interior is horrid. Just too, I dont know, red.
Old 10-23-2018 | 02:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Donn0128
not unique, but definitely worse. When I was traveling a lot I spent months in the SE, places like Texas in the summer. Dark interior rental cars were the absolute worst. No matter how far I drove it could never get cool.
pick what you like and enjoy the ride. Personally I feel the tan interior is richer. But to me the saddle interior is horrid. Just too, I dont know, red.
Right, with any color there are pros and cons. I like the look of parchment but with everyone saying it picks up color xfer from jeans and requires heavy maintenance to keep looking new due to stains etc, those aren't problems that I feel like dealing with. Just from a look perspective though I definitely like the look of parchment interior especially with white exterior.
Old 10-23-2018 | 03:15 PM
Racer

Parchment

Well so far thst has not been a real big issue. Our last car also had a light leather interior. After 11 years the seats still looked good. The key to any leather interior is regular cleaning. Im currently using McGuires leather vinyl cleaner and their leather conditioner. I did see a slight blueing on one stat bolster. But 2 miutes with a finger nail brush and a spritz of Awsome cleaner followed by the McGuires and the seat looks new again. It sure beats frying my butt or burning my legs on a hot day. Oh yea, the dog appreciates it too.
Old 10-24-2018 | 11:09 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Money, so yours is the Hybrid? Nice.... Yes I go to Costco but try to avoid at all cost...… Saturday mornings when they open "in and out" quick ….