Very Intresting - ANOTHER Help with Fitment Qs!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Very Intresting - ANOTHER Help with Fitment Qs!

Yes Yes...I know this has been asked countless time, but I guess everyone has their own situation, and after days of research - the inevitable - I'm lost! Is kinda a bit of a read but thanks to all that have already help me in narrowing my decision. After all this is what these forums are for-I think … lol.

The Main Idea:
Obviously looks, ride comfort, but most importantly I want to accomplish this without having to do any fender pull, and if at all possible I want to avoid rolling as well. I don’t think I can look at my car without being bother by this like 24/7. So NO FENDER WORK…
Remember MrOTo?…for those that do - well wanna keep that level of mods, if u know what I mean

The Project

Wheels and slight Drop around 1” give or take. Just enough to make things look well balanced. Not going for the slam stance, no disrespect to anyone – I actually really love how some of these cars look down on the ground. But my current priorities are a bit different, and this is a daily driver for a father of two and the wife of course. So it is important for me to keep ride quality as stock or better (in terms of comfort) as possible.

The Drop
Haven’t come around in how I am going to accomplish this, but don’t wanna spend mad money, so I will probably go the route of spring on stock shocks – But for fitment argument, my options are between Tein H, Eibach, or H&R. I will accept any suggestions on this relating the fitment question.

The Wheels
I wanted to keep this a surprise (self satisfaction I guess), but I don’t want it to be a nasty surprises for me, so I rather get advise that would help me be satisfied rather with the end result. That being said here is what I'm planning to do:

Options...
Sort of set on two selections so far (open to suggestion but is like buying a tie.... personal taste I guess), in the order I like them.
-TSW TANAKA (Silver) 19 x 8.5 – 32mm offset with 235/35-19 for all four corners unless I could fit the 19 x 9.5 version in the back with an offset of 40mm on 245/35-19’s. I will love for this set up to work, as these are my No.1 choice. I still have to see them up-close but there is enough on them all around
Link: http://www.elementwheels.com/products.asp?cat=4672

-TSW BARDO (Silver) 19 x 8 - 40mm offset wrapped on 235/35-19 for the front (or even all around). For the back again only if feasible the 19 x 9.5 – 40mm and these would have to go with 245’s. Also like this set a lot and the 8 – 9.5 would give it a nice concave-semi look, but the rubbing!?!?
Link for reference http://www.elementwheels.com/products.asp?cat=4661

BTW thanks to Puppetmaster for the guides on wheel fitting and suspension….and again, why aren’t those sickies??

Let it roll…….
Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
if you are only going to be dropping an inch, you might be able to get away with those sizes without rubbing and any fender works

someone else chime in though to make sure im right
The following users liked this post:
xakeo (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ed_423
if you are only going to be dropping an inch, you might be able to get away with those sizes without rubbing and any fender works

someone else chime in though to make sure im right
One for the GO!!! Ty Ed.... I see you are running 9.5 in the back with a +30ish... I know you had some pulling in the front, but what about your rear's ... From your pics the look almost intact
Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts
IMO, the rears on both sets should be fine, but the first set with the fronts that are 8.5" wide with +32 ET, those might be a problem. Why? Because if you're only dropping it an inch, they will look like they are poking out. I did a test fit with an 8.5 wide + 30 and you need to drop the front about 1.5" or so before it looks "right". Just my two cents.
xakeo (02-03-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
im not 100% sure if that if that will fit wit the drop, but from the specs you posted i think it should fit fine. cuz y our going pretty conservative.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
IMO, the rears on both sets should be fine, but the first set with the fronts that are 8.5" wide with +32 ET, those might be a problem. Why? Because if you're only dropping it an inch, they will look like they are poking out. I did a test fit with an 8.5 wide + 30 and you need to drop the front about 1.5" or so before it looks "right". Just my two cents.
That's my imprension too... Just to be clear tho when you say the rears do you mean the 9.5s or the 8.5s.

Also I just notice something on the website I'm quoting this numbers from... The bolt pattern reads 5x4.5/114.3 - 32 mm... I sence an adaptor there or maybe wrong... Kinda new in this whole thing...
Link: http://www.elementwheels.com/proddet...Dtanaka1985sil
Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I went through what your going through and at the end I decided to keep it simple. I look at hundreds of pics, wheel and tire configurations, etc. I had narrowed it down to Enkie, TSW, and HFP. I went with HFP, why, simple. Rotary forged, oem rims, so center bore didnt require centric rings, oem fitment and although its only has 55 offset they still sit out a little futher than factory because its 8" vs 7.5". I also am a father of 2, live in miami and is my dd. I also went with 225/40/19 and the ride didnt change much. I travel the same route to work everday and from the oem to the HFP the ride seems the same. I am more careful to not hit big holes because of the lower profile though. As for a drop, I might consider it in the future, dont really know yet. This is why I went with 225/40, dont really need a drop right away since the gap is still the same basically. Also dont want to void any kind of warranty for the sake of looks and I know all about the Magnuson Act but would you want to up against a dealers lawyers, I dont, my pockets arent that deep. Thats if it ever came down to it, so for its fine for me. Looks like you want the looks without the headaches, so dont overwhelm yourself, keep it simple.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
19x9.5 +40 offset in the rear will fit with the drop, now my honest opinion would be to do a fender roll for the rears at least with that offset etc you will be flush so one bad bump can damage the tire real bad or bust your fender we have a pretty bad lip in the rear.

i usually don't be a dick to anyone but honestly these questions have been answered numerous times just hit search.
xakeo (02-01-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by HOLLYHOOD
19x9.5 +40 offset in the rear will fit with the drop, now my honest opinion would be to do a fender roll for the rears at least with that offset etc you will be flush so one bad bump can damage the tire real bad or bust your fender we have a pretty bad lip in the rear.

i usually don't be a dick to anyone but honestly these questions have been answered numerous times just hit search.
Ty for the input.... And yeah you are right about the search. Believe me...I have a folder with no less than 20 bookmarks on everything in this regards, but it is very easy to get side track, you start with a concern on a wheel bolt and before you know it you wanna throw a turbo in there....(metaphorically) Thats when u shut down and don't do crap
Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Instructor

I have consider the HFP and Enkei, sort of still there, but I have Bellanova on mine, and though many will go for the white on darker wheels, my preference is silver wheel (any alike exept chrome).
I'm actually in Miami too, soo will be very careful with all the dam construction that seems to never end down here.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:25 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by xakeo
One for the GO!!! Ty Ed.... I see you are running 9.5 in the back with a +30ish... I know you had some pulling in the front, but what about your rear's ... From your pics the look almost intact
correct sir, i have 9.5 +39 front, +30 rear. my front is pulled, but i really didn't need one and could still fit i think. cuz right now with the pull i have A LOT of room..too much almost.

rear is actually shaved. but you can't see it from the outside
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Would it still require fender work?....H&R drop is about 1.3".... maybe tein S will do the trick?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by xakeo
Would it still require fender work?....H&R drop is about 1.3".... maybe tein S will do the trick?
Maybe, but S-Techs are a very aggressive drop on the stock dampers, so you'd be taking a chance with how long those last and ride quality. There are others here who will tell you that they have S-Techs on stock shocks/struts and they have no issues, rides great, etc, but it's all subjective and every car is different in terms of failure rate. If you're driving on relatively good roads and don't mind taking the chance, it would look good for sure.