Best coilovers for 2010 TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best coilovers for 2010 TSX?

Im looking into purchasing coil overs but I'm not sure which one everyone recommends? Tein, Meghan, etc.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
they finally released buddy club racing specs for the 08+ accord, i would definitely try those out if you had the money. they're like $1,200+
Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
It depends on what you're looking for. If you want a great daily driver setup with ride height adjustment and damping adjustment then the TEIN Super Streets. If you want just ride height adjustment the TEIN Basics.

TEIN's quality is unsurpassed in the market, especially for the price. Reliable, durable, reasonable adjustment, ride comfort, ride quality and more.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
It depends on what you're looking for. If you want a great daily driver setup with ride height adjustment and damping adjustment then the TEIN Super Streets. If you want just ride height adjustment the TEIN Basics.

TEIN's quality is unsurpassed in the market, especially for the price. Reliable, durable, reasonable adjustment, ride comfort, ride quality and more.
The only thing that deters me from the Tein Basics or SS is that spring preload and ride height are tied together in the same adjustment. Now if Tein offered the Flex system, I'd be first in line. That is, until the likes of Buddy Club, K-sport, KW, Function and Form come out with a coilover system for the CU2 chassis.

I see the Buddy Club RSDs for the 08 accord, but the spring rates are for a V6/coupe configure, correct? Can't be a good combo for a 4cyl sedan. But maybe I'll look into the spring rates and compare.

Last edited by Prototype; 01-08-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Prototype
The only thing that deters me from the Tein Basics or SS is that spring preload and ride height are tied together in the same adjustment. Now if Tein offered the Flex system, I'd be first in line. That is, until the likes of Buddy Club, K-sport, KW, Function and Form come out with a coilover system for the CU2 chassis.

I see the Buddy Club RSDs for the 08 accord, but the spring rates are for a V6/coupe configure, correct? Can't be a good combo for a 4cyl sedan. But maybe I'll look into the spring rates and compare.
i'm not too sure, but from the places that have it already states that they have it for "all" models for the accord. so i'm pretty sure its not just the for the v6 accords
Old 01-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Well ive. hurd good reviews on these so ill be getting them soon.
http://meganracing.com/product_detai...d=989&catid=86
Old 01-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
read this thread!! it will help answer your questions.

https://acurazine.com/forums/heeltoe-automotive-365/tein-ht-spec-megan-h-r-what-coilovers-should-you-get-801396/
Old 01-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Instructor

awwww yeahhh, function form type 2's and buddy clubs, only cause i'm a "dumped" junky. too bad they haven't made function forms for the cu2s yet.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Instructor

looks like ksport offers coilovers for the accord, the spring rates are more in the ballpark i'd like them to be compared to the megans and teins (although, tein's website does advertise two different spring rates 10kg fr/5kg rr and 7.8kg fr/4.1kg rr)

To the OP, to answer your question, obviously you've got a budget for your coilovers and I think the megans can be had for 700-800 new and the tein SS for around 1000. I've got some experience with both systems on different cars and I'd prefer the megans over the teins because of the seperate height/preload adjustment on the megan system. Personally (as stated in my above post), I'd rather spend more and go for Buddy Club's RSD system only because of my personal experience and intentions. Although, the Ksport's Kontrol Pro system is enticing because they offer a monotube shock (as I recall, the RSDs are monotube as well) and are a lot easier on the wallet.

So, based on the info I've gather so far, coilovers made for 2008-2009 Honda Accords will fit Acura 2G TSXs, I just need to get hard evidence. Maybe Excelerate can help verify by comparing for us or I may end up buying the same coilover system for both cars just for comparison reasons.

ballpark figures

Megan EZ street - 700-800
Tein SS (must reuse OEM top mounts) - 1000
Tein Basics - 710
Ksport Kontrol Pro - 780
Ksport Version RR - 1000
BWR (must reuse OEM top mounts) - 820
Buddy Club RSDs (spring rates unknown) - 1150

Remember, Megan and Tein are the only manufacturers that offer a coilover system specific to the 2G TSX. Tein's application list suggests that the SS are different for the honda accord and acura tsx based on the different part numbers.

Anyone consider an air solution? balling out of control if you are! HAHAHA

Rawesome, I'd like to see F2 come out with a system for the CU2 as well. I was impressed when I installed a set for a buddy of mine on his CL9. Although, I don't recall which one it was but didn't have adjustable shocks. Perhaps Heeltoe could sway them since they have been working together on the CL9 system.

Last edited by Prototype; 01-11-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Advanced

looks like ksport offers coilovers for the accord, the spring rates are more in the ballpark i'd like them to be compared to the megans and teins (although, tein's website does advertise two different spring rates 10kg fr/5kg rr and 7.8kg fr/4.1kg rr)

To the OP, to answer your question, obviously you've got a budget for your coilovers and I think the megans can be had for 700-800 new and the tein SS for around 1000. I've got some experience with both systems on different cars and I'd prefer the megans over the teins because of the seperate height/preload adjustment on the megan system. Personally (as stated in my above post), I'd rather spend more and go for Buddy Club's RSD system only because of my personal experience and intentions. Although, the Ksport's Kontrol Pro system is enticing because they offer a monotube shock (as I recall, the RSDs are monotube as well) and are a lot easier on the wallet.

So, based on the info I've gather so far, coilovers made for 2008-2009 Honda Accords will fit Acura 2G TSXs, I just need to get hard evidence. Maybe Excelerate can help verify by comparing for us or I may end up buying the same coilover system for both cars just for comparison reasons.

ballpark figures

Megan EZ street - 700-800
Tein SS (must reuse OEM top mounts) - 1000
Tein Basics - 710
Ksport Kontrol Pro - 780
Ksport Version RR - 1000
BWR (must reuse OEM top mounts) - 820
Buddy Club RSDs (spring rates unknown) - 1150

Remember, Megan and Tein are the only manufacturers that offer a coilover system specific to the 2G TSX. Tein's application list suggests that the SS are different for the honda accord and acura tsx based on the different part numbers.

Anyone consider an air solution? balling out of control if you are! HAHAHA

Rawesome, I'd like to see F2 come out with a system for the CU2 as well. I was impressed when I installed a set for a buddy of mine on his CL9. Although, I don't recall which one it was but didn't have adjustable shocks. Perhaps Heeltoe could sway them since they have been working together on the CL9 system.
What caught my eye with the Tein SS that you posted above was that they still use the OEM top perches....how are 2nd gen TSX owners making out with noise from their coils? I've run coilovers plenty of times in the past and they have been LOUD! They've all come with camber plates without any rubber mount etc. I'm wondering if people are happy with the ride on the SS's because you re-use the stock OEM mounts therefor reducing noise and maintaining that comfort of stock.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
im assuming were talking about the accord sedan spring rates, the coupe doesnt apply?
Old 01-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dan00313
What caught my eye with the Tein SS that you posted above was that they still use the OEM top perches....how are 2nd gen TSX owners making out with noise from their coils? I've run coilovers plenty of times in the past and they have been LOUD! They've all come with camber plates without any rubber mount etc. I'm wondering if people are happy with the ride on the SS's because you re-use the stock OEM mounts therefor reducing noise and maintaining that comfort of stock.
Well, Tein didn't list the CU2 in the application chart for their SS-P (P refers to pillowball mount for those who don't know). So to the best of my knowledge, oem top mounts need to be reused. The only time aftermarket coilover systems were ever loud for me compared to stock is when something was not tight or became loose (creaking/clunking/knocking etc.)

Originally Posted by ttk5
im assuming were talking about the accord sedan spring rates, the coupe doesnt apply?
Yes and no. Unfortunately, it just got a bit more confusing (depending on how you look at it). I looked a little closer and noticed that Tein lists the same part number for SS's for all 08+ honda accord models. So their isn't a difference in spring rates (which is 9kg front and 5kg rear btw). But there is only 160lbs or so difference between the EX-L navi 4cyl and the EX-L navi V6. IMO, I still would have liked to see a slight increase in spring rate for accord V6 models.

As for the TSX, the 4cyl and V6 difference is 206lbs, respectively. Tein also does not offer a higher spring rate for the tsx V6 models. The spring rates are 10kg front and 5kg rear for the all model 08+ TSXs (difference in tein part numbers obviously).
Old 01-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my ss'.
They go low (I would like lower but most driving CU2's don't want any lower).
The ride quality is unreal.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Instructor

yeah, i called F2 to ask them when they're coming out with coilovers for the cu2, they gave me a rough estimate of a couple months for JUST designing them. i can't wait that long.

so i decided to go with D2's, i'll be sure to write up a review about it after i get it installed. i kind of regret buying them though, i should've either gone for the k-sports or most definitely the buddy clubs because of the pillow ball mounts
Old 01-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rev Run
I love my ss'.
They go low (I would like lower but most driving CU2's don't want any lower).
The ride quality is unreal.
I'm aiming to be the lowest, watch out!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:38 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
Originally Posted by Rawesome
cant wait dude!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
I'll be lower than you and out handle anyone
Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Instructor

yeah, i called F2 to ask them when they're coming out with coilovers for the cu2, they gave me a rough estimate of a couple months for JUST designing them. i can't wait that long.

so i decided to go with D2's, i'll be sure to write up a review about it after i get it installed. i kind of regret buying them though, i should've either gone for the k-sports or most definitely the buddy clubs because of the pillow ball mounts
Looks like the D2 lists the same part number for the 08+ accords and 09+ tsxs. Do you have the specs on them? spring rates are in my particular interest.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Instructor

Looks like the D2 lists the same part number for the 08+ accords and 09+ tsxs. Do you have the specs on them? spring rates are in my particular interest.
I'll update you on the specs later today.

@tsxronald oh yeahhh? what coilovers do you have? we'll see who's going to be the lowest in about a month or so!
Old 01-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Instructor

Yeah well I wanted to be the lowest I could with still a quality ride. Until Buddy Club comes out with a coilover system there will be no lower then me with quality. Nor do I even care because this is just my daily.. my weekend car well lets just say.. plowed the driveway this morning. VW > Acura.

The following users liked this post:
MrLogan13 (12-28-2012)
Old 01-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Advanced

Yeah well I wanted to be the lowest I could with still a quality ride. Until Buddy Club comes out with a coilover system there will be no lower then me with quality. Nor do I even care because this is just my daily.. my weekend car well lets just say.. plowed the driveway this morning. VW > Acura.

How does the car ride being that low?
Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dan00313
How does the car ride being that low?
Amazing, I have them fully stiff. I hate the way stock cars ride. This is a little rougher.. but handles amazing.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Racer

I thought you were getting rid of your TSX? Didn't you get in an accident or something?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Instructor

Amazing, I have them fully stiff. I hate the way stock cars ride. This is a little rougher.. but handles amazing.
i believe cu2mike is lower than you, and i think supreme is about the same height, maybe even lower.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TSteezyX
I thought you were getting rid of your TSX? Didn't you get in an accident or something?
Nah they didn't total it. I might be selling it for a Silverado though. No sense in having 2 cars and I love the Jetta more then the TSX.

i believe cu2mike is lower than you, and i think supreme is about the same height, maybe even lower.
I doubt it... These are the Tein's bottomed out. I have no idea what "Supremes" are... nobody makes something called a supreme for our cars.

Also I see someone talked about bags. I looked all into it and had a whole set up together from K-Sport. I backed out on it because I realized it was just stupid to ruin a new car. The TSX is not a car that you have to worry about things lowered.. I go over huge bumps without slowing down... our oil pans are so high and the ride is so stiff nothing phases the car.. leaving bags to be pointless for the application I wanted.

As I said these Tein's are the best riding coil's I have ever road on.. and I have been on many throughout my cars over the years.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:20 AM
Instructor

Nah they didn't total it. I might be selling it for a Silverado though. No sense in having 2 cars and I love the Jetta more then the TSX.

I doubt it... These are the Tein's bottomed out. I have no idea what "Supremes" are... nobody makes something called a supreme for our cars.

Also I see someone talked about bags. I looked all into it and had a whole set up together from K-Sport. I backed out on it because I realized it was just stupid to ruin a new car. The TSX is not a car that you have to worry about things lowered.. I go over huge bumps without slowing down... our oil pans are so high and the ride is so stiff nothing phases the car.. leaving bags to be pointless for the application I wanted.

As I said these Tein's are the best riding coil's I have ever road on.. and I have been on many throughout my cars over the years.

eh, beg to differ. megans go WAY lower than teins. i believe the lowest for teins are 2.1" if i'm correct? which in my opinion isn't very much.

Supreme is a member on the forum, not suspension.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Ahem, I believe I'm lower than that, lol.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:57 AM
Burning Brakes

This is AFTER I raised it bout half an inch.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:02 AM
Burning Brakes

eh, beg to differ. megans go WAY lower than teins. i believe the lowest for teins are 2.1" if i'm correct? which in my opinion isn't very much.

Supreme is a member on the forum, not suspension.
Yes, both of the Teins only go down 2.1 inches.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:02 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
mike, thats not low enoguh!

haha jk
Old 01-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
@rawesome custom son!! Hahaha
Old 01-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by CU2MIKE
Yes, both of the Teins only go down 2.1 inches.
sell me your FREE coilovers so you have more money for your engagement
Old 01-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by defconskylude
sell me your FREE coilovers so you have more money for your engagement
Nah, I'm good for now. Chinese New Year is coming up, and I'll be rolling in dough, lol.
Maybe it's time for JDP lip, oem sides, spacers, and drop my car to the max lol.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tsxronald
@rawesome custom son!! Hahaha
haha cut springs? best upgrade, EVER.

@mike how old are you bro?
Old 01-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Burning Brakes

haha cut springs? best upgrade, EVER.

@mike how old are you bro?
27 in a month.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Instructor

27 and engaged, nice! but must be financially rough
Old 01-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CU2MIKE
This is AFTER I raised it bout half an inch.

Just saying... you APPEAR lower because you have bigger wheels with lower offset. If I put your wheels on my car I would probably look identical as you looked 1/2 inch lower. Anyway the Megan's probably ride like crap in comparison to the Teins. One day I was pretty bored so I averaged offset and diameter of a 19 and I would sit on the lip / slightly tucking a 19" wheel at my current height.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Instructor

there's only one way to settle this ..

let's see those legit measurements!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Just saying... you APPEAR lower because you have bigger wheels with lower offset. If I put your wheels on my car I would probably look identical as you looked 1/2 inch lower. Anyway the Megan's probably ride like crap in comparison to the Teins. One day I was pretty bored so I averaged offset and diameter of a 19 and I would sit on the lip / slightly tucking a 19" wheel at my current height.
uh...... where did you get that logic, my car should appear higher because it has bigger diameter wheels.
Ever seen a supposely 17s car fit 19s without lowering? thats your answer right there.
19s = bigger than 17s, thus giving a bigger wheel gap = higher off the ground on the front.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Burning Brakes

approximately 4.5 inches to the ground and another 0.5 inches to go on the coils. Taken in my garage on a flat surface.

Quick Reply: Best coilovers for 2010 TSX?