"Tighten Fuel Cap" - The Next BUG in my TSX! :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009 | 05:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs down "Tighten Fuel Cap" - The Next BUG in my TSX! :(

First off, let me start by saying that today was a horrible day and anything and everything seemed to go wrong, so I didn't need this on top of it all: I go out to my car at the end of my work day, relieved that I was finally heading home after a very long and stressful day. I start my car, and what's that I hear? The front passenger side door speaker is rattling again terribly and sounding blown, so yet **ANOTHER** speaker in my car that will need to be replaced. But the real shocker was when I looked at my MID and saw this little warning I have never seen before: "Tighten Fuel Cap". Please keep in mind that I have just under a half a tank, I haven't got gas in about a week+ and haven't touched the gas cap since then, and I have never seen this warning until today.

So...I tighten the cap, get back in the car, still there. I shut the car off, take the cap off, tighten it to at least 5 clicks, wait a minute, restart the car...STILL there! I am unable to get it to clear as of now. Bad gas cap maybe that suddenly decided to show itself? Another freakin' TSX bug?!?!?!?

I love the car in a lot of ways but I am not sure it is worth all of these little annoyances, bugs and aggravations. I have the possibility of a promotion at work and if I get it, I think I am going to start car shopping by the end of the year...

Old 07-06-2009 | 06:26 PM
WTH happened to my garage

It'll go off by itself if you don't have a bad seal on the cap. Mine did it once last Christmas while traveling and it went off by itself after 15 miles or so.
Old 07-07-2009 | 04:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HeavyDuty
It'll go off by itself if you don't have a bad seal on the cap. Mine did it once last Christmas while traveling and it went off by itself after 15 miles or so.
Thanks! It did go off this morning and hasn't come back on *knock on wood*.