paint peeling from door step, how much would it cost to fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 11:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paint peeling from door step, how much would it cost to fix

Hi guys,
The paint on the passenger side of my 11 TSX has been peeling of and is now starting to rust. Is the a common thing? I ask because when I was buying(used) , I encountered another one that had the same issue. I am in the northeast here and want to fix it before the winter weather really does a number. Any idea how much this would cost? This isn't something that can be fixed during one of those details specials at the dealer right? Also if you have any recommendation for a good detail shop in NYC metro I would appreciate it. paint peeling off on door step
Old 08-24-2017, 11:31 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
that's weird that you saw 2 cars like that. when paint peels like that, something had to have come in contact with it.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
that's weird that you saw 2 cars like that. when paint peels like that, something had to have come in contact with it.
other than people's feet when the they are stepping in an out, I can't think of anything that would have come in contact with that section. The funny thing is the drivers side which probably used more is just fine.