paint/dealing

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post paint/dealing

i have a 09 tech pkg tsx and from the day i got the car it had swirls in the paint and the dealer shut down which used a high speed buffer befor delivery to me but they messed up the paint on the driver side rear bumper its all bubbled and stuff but acura customer service said theres nothing i can do because they shut down any ideas on the swirls marks? a good wax or something?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:16 PM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by lusenuts
i have a 09 tech pkg tsx and from the day i got the car it had swirls in the paint and the dealer shut down which used a high speed buffer befor delivery to me but they messed up the paint on the driver side rear bumper its all bubbled and stuff but acura customer service said theres nothing i can do because they shut down any ideas on the swirls marks? a good wax or something?
The bubbling is really odd. You need to search out a good paint man at a body shop who can buff out the paint that's scratched. There's a product called swirl-a-way that I believe is commercial stuff, works real good.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These products work amazingly well. Both mine and my wife's cars are black so swirls can show pretty easily. I did my wife's car already with amazing results, going to do mine as soon as I get a free weekend and no rain.

http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/wolfg...mover-kit.html
Old 05-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Intermediate

sweet thanks heavy duty

hey drewoodee how did u get ur grill black and how much did it cost? lol i hate the buck tooth bandit grill lol but the dealer around her only told me to bring it in to have it painted for $1300 not wanting to spend 1300
Old 05-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Burning Brakes

sweet thanks heavy duty

hey drewoodee how did u get ur grill black and how much did it cost? lol i hate the buck tooth bandit grill lol but the dealer around her only told me to bring it in to have it painted for $1300 not wanting to spend 1300
$1300!? WTF!?

I had a body shop paintmatch it. They did it for $150.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Intermediate

lol thanks was it like earl schibbs? or maaco? or was it a local paint shop?
Old 05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Burning Brakes

lol thanks was it like earl schibbs? or maaco? or was it a local paint shop?
Maaco? You kidding me? Anyone that would even consider taking a luxury sedan to a Maaco type body/paint shop is an idiot.

I took it to the same body shop my Acura dealer sends their cars.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Intermediate

lol just was a ? the paint shop my acura place deals with (well the closest acura dealler now that mine shut down) wanted 1300 just for the grill painted because they have to take the whole bumper off and stuff to paint the grill ill shop around tho i dont like maaco or earl schibbs just trying to see what u got it done at
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Burning Brakes

That $150 I paid included them removing the bumper. They said $125 if I removed it myself. I put the Aero kit on myself, but $25 wasn't worth my time to pull it off myself again.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Racer

lusenuts, where in cali are you? i only paid $100 to have my grill painted. I got it so cheap because he is a friend (he owns a body shop), but I can't imagine it would be much more
Old 05-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Intermediate

i live in so cal about 30 mins inland from hunnington beach where is this body shop? lol and i saw that alot of ppl dont like the 2tone look but i dont think it looks that bad with just the bucktooth painted to match the out skirt looks weird if it was the only thing painted both i think is better but im thinking just the buck tooth but!!!! today i got a guys number from percision girlls they dont have a tsx grill yet and they want to use my car as the mach up!! woooosh when i get it i will figure out how to submit pics of what it looks like so u guys can tell me if u like it if not im getting my old stuff back and ill have it painted to match thanks for all the help still wana know where the body shop is i have a bubbly bumper to deal with also because the dealer that i bought it from shut down and they used a high speed buffer on the rear bumper and its bubbliing yet acura customer service wont do anything to help because the regional manager doesnt wnt to come explain to me why it happened

I never would have guessed a 2 month old car would need a buffing till they told me thats what it was caused from ( which they say had to be my fault) lol but any whooo

whats the name of this body shop? maybe a phone number and a name?
Old 05-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Racer

The body shop is up here in nor cal (Vacaville, bout half way between sac and san fran). The name is Exotic Autobody (I don' expect you to want to come all the way up here, but in case anyone else is interested). I don't trust anyone else to work on my car. He installed my spoiler too, and has done work on my old car, and does all the work on my BF's dad's cars.