Intermittent Dome/Map Lights Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 04:52 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intermittent Dome/Map Lights Issue

So I just picked up a brand new 2013 TSX and was having some serious issue with the dome lights.

For some reason if I keep the dome light switch on "door", the lights will not turn off. I can tried re-opening and closing all doors and still the same issue, it wont turn off, unless I switch it on "Off" setting. The lights on the foot well also will not go off and it will stay on all day all night. With the car ignition off the lights remain on, so I have to keep everything on off. The LED on the foot well draws only small current so it has not drained the battery yet.
Front and rear dome/map lights have the same issue.

When keeping your lights on "Door" mode it usually slightly dims when you close the door, mine does not do that. They stay on 100% power.

I have double checked the settings and the timer is set at 30 sec.
Starting the car also keeps the lights on, unless again its in off mode.
None of the door open sign is lit on the dash and shows all doors are completely closed.

And here is the weird thing.. it sometimes fixes itself! I took it in the dealer and they cant find what the issue is yet. They had my car for 4 days now.(they are also fixing the clicking noise in the front suspension).

According to the dealer they believe one of the door sensor is bad. But wouldn't that cause the door open light to turn on?

Anyone experienced this issue? Solutions? Comments?

There are like a 100 post with dome lights not turning off, but those are with LED. Mines still stock bulbs, and I know the LED can stay lightly lit when doing an LED conversion.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
I can't say I've had that problem. I usually keep my dome lights off by default. I turn it on as needed.

My guess would be that one of the door sensors isn't working properly. i.e. it thinks your door is still open.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:14 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Apparently there is some sort of short in the fuse box. The dealer installed alarm, I kindly rejected at finance may have been the reason for the short.