Interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Interior lights

Hi guys. I just bring my brand new TSX EURO home. I have 400 km on the clock.

I have one question since I haven't user's manual yet. I am confused of the interior lights.

What works:
- blue ambient light in the front
- while "ground" light on front doors
- glove-box

What doesn't:
- lights in the middle of the roof both in the front and in the back
- blue ambient light in the back
- white "ground" light on back doors
- no light in the trunk
- no light under the armrest (where the USB is)

I found a switch "OFF/DOORS" on the roof between the lights in the front, I have it on DOORS but nothing happen. In the back there is a switch ON/middle/OFF and also nothing happens.

Is there any hidden button to turn these lights on, or some menu settings, or is that a failure? I am guessing a bad fuse.

Thank you!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the switch should be on doors and the one in the back should be in the middle. that way, they light up when you open the doors.

i was going to say check the fuse. but the car is almost new so that is weird.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Instructor

where is the switch on doors? Where are fuses?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Racer

the switch that says "off/doors."

the fuses should be under the steering wheel column.

btw, i was driving last night and i realized that i dont have ambient foot lighting in the back. its only in the front.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Instructor

thanks. the witch is at "doors" of course, tomorrow I will check fuses, I found only fuses in a engine area. And there are third ones right from front passanger's legs.

I am 100% sure that I have seen a picture with blue ambient light in the rear. And I found on Hona-access.com this (without a foto):

BLUE AMBIENT LIGHT
ILLUMINATES CENTER CONSOLE AND REAR FOOT AREA - FOR CARS WITH GRAYGE INTERIOR AND WITH REAR VENTILATION

CONTROLLABLE THROUGH INSTRUMENT PANEL ILLUMINATION

So it probably exists, but maybe only as a option extra? I have gray interior and some blue ambient LED next the DOOR/OFF switch on the roof.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Racer

i dont have rear vents
Old 01-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by HHCZ
I am 100% sure that I have seen a picture with blue ambient light in the rear. And I found on Hona-access.com this (without a foto):

BLUE AMBIENT LIGHT
ILLUMINATES CENTER CONSOLE AND REAR FOOT AREA - FOR CARS WITH GRAYGE INTERIOR AND WITH REAR VENTILATION

CONTROLLABLE THROUGH INSTRUMENT PANEL ILLUMINATION
You are correct, that is an option. Only the front footrest lights are standard.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:10 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
too bad they are so dim.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:15 AM
Instructor

they are ok. almost invisible so not disturbing and practical that they work. Thanks for explaining the option extra.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:14 AM
Instructor

Hi guys. I just bring my brand new TSX EURO home. I have 400 km on the clock.

I have one question since I haven't user's manual yet. I am confused of the interior lights.

What works:
- blue ambient light in the front
- while "ground" light on front doors
- glove-box

What doesn't:
- lights in the middle of the roof both in the front and in the back
- blue ambient light in the back
- white "ground" light on back doors
- no light in the trunk
- no light under the armrest (where the USB is)

I found a switch "OFF/DOORS" on the roof between the lights in the front, I have it on DOORS but nothing happen. In the back there is a switch ON/middle/OFF and also nothing happens.

Is there any hidden button to turn these lights on, or some menu settings, or is that a failure? I am guessing a bad fuse.

Thank you!
HHCZ, there's no light in the armrest or rear puddle lights on my car and the blue ambient lighting in the rear is an option.

As far as I'm aware, there's no menu settings to enable any of these items to be switched on or off, only the the on/door/off selection switches on the lights themselves.

There is definitely a trunk light so I'm guessing you have a blown fuse somewhere. That's not a surprise as the 12v oultlet in my armrest didn't work when I collected the car.

The small blue LED between the front roof lights doesn't appear to have any function at all - it just lights up whenever the ignition is on!

Last edited by SilverCU3; 01-31-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Instructor

Been thinking ....

It's possible that one of the interior lamps blew just before you got the car and it took out the fuse - that would stop the rest of the lights from working.

There are 3 fuse boxes: one under the bonnet, one next to the little drop down compartment adjacent to the steering wheel, and one on the passenger side panel beneath the dash. According to my manual, there are two fuses for the interior lights - one in the under-bonnet fuse box (fuse number 16) and one in the passenger side box (fuse number 6). There's no mention of the trunk light so I'm assuming it's on the same circuit as the interior lights.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Instructor

Thank you! My manual is in German, I cannot understand a word So I am going to check 16 and 6.

The small blue LED between the front roof lights is also a ambient light, I am pretty sure. In night, try to cover it to see the difference. This is a perfect light - it is almost impossible to notice, but if you cover it, you will see that it has a function.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Instructor

Thank you! My manual is in German, I cannot understand a word So I am going to check 16 and 6.

The small blue LED between the front roof lights is also a ambient light, I am pretty sure. In night, try to cover it to see the difference. This is a perfect light - it is almost impossible to notice, but if you cover it, you will see that it has a function.
I'll try covering the LED next time I'm out in the dark. I must admit, I do like the ambient lighting effect and might install the optional front & rear lights. Not sure about paying Honda prices for basic blue LEDs though, so I'll probably just order them and some resistors from one of my suppliers.

If you have any probs with the fuses, let me know. There's some more detailed information in my manual which may help you.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
According to the installation instruction, the frontcentre console and rear armrest ambient light turn on when you switch the light switch on (I'm talking about the headlight switch).

When I installed my kit, there wasn't any wiring to connect the power to as per the installation instruction (for Euro model), so I connect to the 12V lighter switch in the centre console. The end result is the ambient lights turn on every time I start my car, which is OK as you can't see them in daylight but looks pretty cool at night, and they are LED which should last a long time.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Instructor

Huray! My lights are working! It was the fuse no.16 under the hood - but guess what - the fuse wasn't here at all! So I used one of the spare fuses in the box and everything is working now. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
According to the installation instruction, the frontcentre console and rear armrest ambient light turn on when you switch the light switch on (I'm talking about the headlight switch).

When I installed my kit, there wasn't any wiring to connect the power to as per the installation instruction (for Euro model), so I connect to the 12V lighter switch in the centre console. The end result is the ambient lights turn on every time I start my car, which is OK as you can't see them in daylight but looks pretty cool at night, and they are LED which should last a long time.
It makes sense that Honda/Acura power them from the main lighting circuit - that means they come on automatically with the lights. I have a Euro model and I can't find any spare wiring in the console, either! I'll do as you have and wire them into the 12v socket.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Instructor

Huray! My lights are working! It was the fuse no.16 under the hood - but guess what - the fuse wasn't here at all! So I used one of the spare fuses in the box and everything is working now. Thanks.
Did it fix it the trunk light, too??
Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SilverCU3
Did it fix it the trunk light, too??
yes. I have to say that the trunk light is not super bright, but it works.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Instructor

yes. I have to say that the trunk light is not super bright, but it works.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think their modles are honda accord. TSX in America did not come with rear vent and bule light in the back. They only have very dim bule light in the front. It is also veryyyyy dim and hard to notice a thing. ^.^|||
Old 02-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Instructor

It depends on the version of the car you have. We have 5 levels of configuration, and no every version has rear vents.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Instructor

here in America, We only have two options, one is base model and other with Tech package (Navi, Backup camera, 10 spekers and bluetooth). none of model come with rear vent and rear bule light.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Racer

im jealous they have all this stuff
Old 02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Pro

ME TOO....